• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Kansas City Chiefs @ Los Angeles Rams, 8/20, 9pm EST, 2016

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no, Unless BLOWN away by an offer, Stan will NOT give up the power of being in charge of one of the most valuable NFL franchises. This is what he's been dreaming about. Best friends Stan and Jerry Jones now pretty much own the NFL. Stan LOVES power, he had little in the NFL, until now...Now he's one of the top dogs as he "expected" for a while now...
Since this is the NFL we're talking about, I wouldn't doubt that someone with some massive amount of cash would buy in just because of how prestigious it is to have an NFL team, especially one in Los Angeles. I think Stan loves money more than anything and if he realizes he can make a sizable profit, he'll sell the team in a heartbeat.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is the NFL we're talking about, I wouldn't doubt that someone with some massive amount of cash would buy in just because of how prestigious it is to have an NFL team, especially one in Los Angeles. I think Stan loves money more than anything and if he realizes he can make a sizable profit, he'll sell the team in a heartbeat.

I agree, but he would have to be BLOWN away by an offer...Not sure if you keep up with all the news(I do NOT mean that as a person attack!!!) but Stan has apparently kicked people off of the property he bought in Texas who have been there for YEARS...Billionaire Rams owner tells hundreds of residents to get off his land

NOT NICE!!! and VERY greedy...Like I said, either he's BLOWN away by an offer or it's his team

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but he would have to be BLOWN away by an offer...Not sure if you keep up with all the news(I do NOT mean that as a person attack!!!) but Stan has apparently kicked people off of the property he bought in Texas who have been there for YEARS...Billionaire Rams owner tells hundreds of residents to get off his land

NOT NICE!!! and VERY greedy...Like I said, either he's BLOWN away by an offer or it's his team
Oh I agree about him being greedy and nasty. The way he and Demoff napalmed St Louis on their way out the door showed that.
I do remember hearing about that story a while back. I've never really liked him from the start, which is why I would've rather had Limbaugh's group or Shad Khan buy the team. He cares little about how his franchises do as long as he can make money, which is why it wouldn't surprise me in the least to sell the team for a huge amount some time after the new stadium is built.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure how that is greedy whatsoever. If you read the article, he's clearing the inhabitants to return the property to it's wild state to preserve the local ecosystem. He's turning away lease money.

Those locals should be unhappy with the seller, not the buyer. Any agreements they had were with the seller, and he obviously didn't care as much as they thought he did if he didn't include provisions in the sale for their leases to continue.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree about him being greedy and nasty. The way he and Demoff napalmed St Louis on their way out the door showed that.
I do remember hearing about that story a while back. I've never really liked him from the start, which is why I would've rather had Limbaugh's group or Shad Khan buy the team. He cares little about how his franchises do as long as he can make money, which is why it wouldn't surprise me in the least to sell the team for a huge amount some time after the new stadium is built.

Maybe eventually, but we are talking about a HUGE sum of money. Remember, he is funding the 2B+ stadium as well. That stadium is going to make him money hand over fist and quickly repay the building costs; tough to give up a money-maker like that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroneke, the limp biscuit, only cares about money. Afterall, he was a minority owner with the Queen Idiot and he stood idly by for years and allowed the Queen Idiot, sonofabitch John Shaw, and ass-kisser Jay Zygmunt run a once-proud and dominant team perennially into the ground with the most idiotic and money-pinching transactions I have ever witnessed as a 50+years sports fan. I bet the little tulip wears a garter belt and black hose just like in Bull Durham!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how that is greedy whatsoever. If you read the article, he's clearing the inhabitants to return the property to it's wild state to preserve the local ecosystem. He's turning away lease money.

Those locals should be unhappy with the seller, not the buyer. Any agreements they had were with the seller, and he obviously didn't care as much as they thought he did if he didn't include provisions in the sale for their leases to continue.

The ranch is 535,000 acres, that's right, 535,000 acres...He couldn't overlook a few so people could keep their homes? I know he says its "to return the property to it's wild state" but I'm not sure I buy that excuse. I think he just doesn't want anyone on his property. Basically a N.I.M.B.Y. kind of guy which is kinda gross and yes, selfish/greedy...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I at least found out why Higbee didn't play last night. He was suffering from flu like symptoms.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were there any injuries that occurred on our side of the ball besides Marquez?

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting excited about 2-0 preseason...2-0 regular season with some decent WR's catching the ball sure!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jeff doesn't go fucking 7 and 9, or 8 and 8, 9 and 6, or even 10 and 5 for that matter will I get excited.

:lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like just Marquez, who wasn't serious either. Might miss this week.
Yeah, that's good news shops.

Westbrooks went down as well, but it looks like he'll be okay too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's good news shops.

Westbrooks went down as well, but it looks like he'll be okay too.

Fisher: Got good news on Marquez today. He has a chance to get back this week, but if not, can be back in next couple weeks.

Haven't seen any update on Westbrooks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher: Got good news on Marquez today. He has a chance to get back this week, but if not, can be back in next couple weeks.

Haven't seen any update on Westbrooks.
I saw it on the Rams pages at NFL.com

Defensive end Ethan Westbrooks also left the field due to injury against Kansas City, but Fisher said he’ll be fine. Westbrooks is expected to be able to practice this week.
Rams News & Notes: Good News on Marquez