• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason at Houston

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was hoping to see him take that next step too. He definitely has the tools to be a big time press corner in this league. I remember seeing him against the Cowboys fighting with Dez and doing a decent job considering the task. I was hoping that would be what we would see moving forward. And again was kind of hoping they would give him a shot at Safety as he has the skill set just would need the reps.

Yeah we use to discuss that a lot over at the old forum. Seems like his skill set would be really good for safety. He wanted to play there too.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that is awesome! I will be sure to watch him when I watch the game tomorrow. Usually don't expect a lot from rookies playing inside on the DL, particularly a guy taken in the sixth round. Figures to be very important to have some guys to rotate at NT, since that is such a physically demanding position.

From what I understand Kilgo was a guy that our new DL Coach was pounding the table for. He kept telling Kubiak and Elway that he could mold this kid into a great player if given the chance and well obviously they listened. Seems he fits what Phillips loves to have with his NT in that penetrating disrupt things in the backfield type player. Now this was against 2nd string guys so still need to see it against the starters but still a very promising start as you said rookie DT's don't usually do much even 1st round type guys.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand Kilgo was a guy that our new DL Coach was pounding the table for. He kept telling Kubiak and Elway that he could mold this kid into a great player if given the chance and well obviously they listened. Seems he fits what Phillips loves to have with his NT in that penetrating disrupt things in the backfield type player. Now this was against 2nd string guys so still need to see it against the starters but still a very promising start as you said rookie DT's don't usually do much even 1st round type guys.

Interesting story about Kollar. I don't how involved position coaches typically are in the draft, but it would sure be nice if Kollar is able to consistently identify late round players who can play. I recall reading that he is supposed to be a very good d-line coach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting story about Kollar. I don't how involved position coaches typically are in the draft, but it would sure be nice if Kollar is able to consistently identify late round players who can play. I recall reading that he is supposed to be a very good d-line coach.

He is highly regarded as one of the best DL position coaches in the league. The Broncos got very fortunate to get him honestly. It wasn't a step up so the only way he could come to the Broncos is if the Texans allowed him to. Thankfully his family lives in Denver and he wanted to be closer to his grandkids so the Texans were nice enough to let him leave. He is a hard nosed guy that pushes the guys to the limit from what I understand. They said nobody can cuss out a player like him on this coaching staff. Hopefully he can be proven right about Kilgo and we find what is again another late round gem. I'm guessing position coaches don't have a ton of say in the draft but I'm sure they are still given their chance to speak as they are the ones that spend the most time with these guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 6 players who suited up did not take a single snap in the game. Dysert, Madison, Murphy, Patton, Roberts, and Sweeton. Good chance these 6 are among our first cuts on September 1st. Murphy is maybe the only one I can see surviving that cut down day since we just signed him a few days ago.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most encouraging results last night was that Marshall looked like his old self. Now let's get Trevathan back on the fired by 9/13 and see what those two can do together.
Brandon Marshall gets his foot back in the door with Broncos - The Denver Post

(Especially for you, DC)

Thanks Geo!

I always pass these links on to BM. Majority of time it is the first time he sees them. I will tell him he owes you a trip over for lunch to your place. Just don't fall asleep on the couch when he is over like you did me. :dhd:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 6 players who suited up did not take a single snap in the game. Dysert, Madison, Murphy, Patton, Roberts, and Sweeton. Good chance these 6 are among our first cuts on September 1st. Murphy is maybe the only one I can see surviving that cut down day since we just signed him a few days ago.

Good catch.

Wonder if any of these could survive the cut trying to place back on the PS on the final cut too, but I would say without them playing at all probably a good chance they are cut. I really only see Patton, Murphy and Dysert as PS candidates anyway of this group and really Simien appears to be beating out Dysert right now.

As much as I ragged on Simien as a prospect so far he hasn't done anything to say he didn't belong in round 7. Its only two games but it is more then Dysert is showing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simien looks like a real prospect - he will be great as the new Kubiak. Oz looked really comfortable - really the first time I've seen him look comfortable leading the offense. Nice job by Kubiak on that too.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reaching the point where I'm confident that Oz can effectively lead this team after Manning. As for Siemian, I'd say he is comfortably ahead of Dysart at this point. Heck, we may have to carry him on the main roster just to keep him.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of hope we let Manning and Oz have the 3rd preseason game, give maybe the first quarter of the 4th game to Siemian and then let Dysert have the rest. Kind of shield Siemian from too much exposure towards the end of the preseason, and see if we can sneak him through to the PS. I think the fact Dysert didn't get a snap last night pretty much shows what the Broncos intentions are with he and Siemian. Just a thought.....

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have`t watched 2nd half yet by I did watch whole gm on Gamecast and looked at stats and although I saw #35 on sidelines, I didn`t see where he ever got in gm. Yay? or Nay?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of hope we let Manning and Oz have the 3rd preseason game, give maybe the first quarter of the 4th game to Siemian and then let Dysert have the rest. Kind of shield Siemian from too much exposure towards the end of the preseason, and see if we can sneak him through to the PS. I think the fact Dysert didn't get a snap last night pretty much shows what the Broncos intentions are with he and Siemian. Just a thought.....
Your prob pretty close Doc on the Qb rotation in next 2 gms. One thing that would show badly for Dysert( next gm) is if Peyton and Oz play,say 3 qtrs, and then they give it to Siemian for late 3rd or start of 4th. That would prob spell doom for `ol Dicey :(

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet is Dysert gets picked up.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are really a prophet - by who? :scratch: I wouldn't see anyone picking him up for their active roster. Maybe their PS if we don't put him there.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don`t think Dysert has done enough since he`s been here to garnish any attention from elsewhere or maybe with a team that has a spot on PS. Seimian would draw more attention at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills the Browns the Jets - smart guy! ;)

I didn't say 53 man - he certainly has no trade value, but someone in the league will kick the tires on a guy who got to hang with Manning for a couple of seasons and had the Broncos Qb coaching.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where I would disagree. The Bills (sad to say) and the Jets have the worst QB situations. I wouldn't see them claiming Dysert - a guy whose ceiling is a career back up. They already have those on their rosters.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where I would disagree. The Bills (sad to say) and the Jets have the worst QB situations. I wouldn't see them claiming Dysert - a guy whose ceiling is a career back up. They already have those on their rosters.
That's very true. Unfortunately in New York and Buffalo they call them "starters".:dhd: