• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction Thread

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, for those who look at their team with realistic expectations vs. doom and gloom or rose colored glasses, I present the following questions:

Who on Los Doyers do you feel will break out? Attach your predictions to their numbers.

Who on Los Doyers do you feel will fall from grace and have atrocious numbers when comparing them to their career averages?

Who on Los Doyers do you feel would be the first guy DFA?

Who on Los Doyers do you feel will be the first call up?

Who is the first Doyer to go onto the DL once the season starts? Guys like McCarthy, who started the season on the DL and seem to be DL lifers, don't count.

Who on Los Doyers do you feel will do the best job outperforming his contract?

Who on Los Doyers is not worth the paper his contract was written on?

Keep in mind, some of these questions may have the same answer but then again, they may not. Sure, if A-Gon suddenly shits the bed this season, then he could be the pick to fall from grace and not living up to his contract. OTOH, if Seager fell from grace, his contract is the rookie minimum anyways so you couldn't necessarily say he's not worth the contract.

I'm interested in your responses.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lively bunch we've got here.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who on Los Doyers do you feel will break out? Attach your predictions to their numbers.

- I guess Corey Seager is the easiest answer. .280/.345/.445 18 HR 120 wRC+ 3.5 WAR

Who on Los Doyers do you feel will fall from grace and have atrocious numbers when comparing them to their career averages?

- Tough one? I guess I'll say Andre Ethier under performs compared to last year/career numbers.

- Alex Guerrero

- Prospect wise? Frankie Montas

Who is the first Doyer to go onto the DL once the season starts? Guys like McCarthy, who started the season on the DL and seem to be DL lifers, don't count.

- Justin Turner? Maybe if nothing else to give that knee some early rest for the long haul.

- team controlled cheap guys? Grandal or Seager. free agent wise? Kenta Maeda

- Carl Crawford by default if not on field performance.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- I guess Corey Seager is the easiest answer. .280/.345/.445 18 HR 120 wRC+ 3.5 WAR

- Tough one? I guess I'll say Andre Ethier under performs compared to last year/career numbers.

- Alex Guerrero

- Prospect wise? Frankie Montas

- Justin Turner? Maybe if nothing else to give that knee some early rest for the long haul.

- team controlled cheap guys? Grandal or Seager. free agent wise? Kenta Maeda

- Carl Crawford by default if not on field performance.

Thanks for your response...so you think Guerrero would be DFA? His bat is pretty good, defense not so much. What's his contract look like? I thought he still had like 3-4 more years?

As far as Seager is concerned, I think he hits for slightly less average, but more power. 3.5 WAR looks about right.

All in all, good shit.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your response...so you think Guerrero would be DFA? His bat is pretty good, defense not so much. What's his contract look like? I thought he still had like 3-4 more years?

As far as Seager is concerned, I think he hits for slightly less average, but more power. 3.5 WAR looks about right.

All in all, good shit.

Guerrero is horrible... can't play a lick of defense and his bat was basically horrible after April. He's got a weird contract where he can't be sent to the minors and if traded he can opt out after that season... but I have to imagine he won't last long due to no versatility and just being bad at baseball. The ~ 15 million or so they'd have to eat could be done rather easily. Or maybe they somehow trade him? but they would get absolutely nothing out of him.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guerrero is horrible... can't play a lick of defense and his bat was basically horrible after April. He's got a weird contract where he can't be sent to the minors and if traded he can opt out after that season... but I have to imagine he won't last long due to no versatility and just being bad at baseball. The ~ 15 million or so they'd have to eat could be done rather easily. Or maybe they somehow trade him? but they would get absolutely nothing out of him.

Agreed, I just thought that he would have some trade value. He's pretty terrible in the field but I think his bat sucking last season has more to do with lack of PT then sucking. IIRC he was a guy that did decently well when given consistent ABs. He's a dude that would be best served as a DH in the AL IMO.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I just thought that he would have some trade value. He's pretty terrible in the field but I think his bat sucking last season has more to do with lack of PT then sucking. IIRC he was a guy that did decently well when given consistent ABs. He's a dude that would be best served as a DH in the AL IMO.

Yeah, probably. Problem was he was horrendous after April and with his contract the way it is (if traded he can opt out after that season) his trade value is basically zero.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably. Problem was he was horrendous after April and with his contract the way it is (if traded he can opt out after that season) his trade value is basically zero.

Didn't know his contract had that opt out clause...that's lame. Fair enough, DFA the bastid! lol

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Corey Seager. Duh.

Kenta Maeda, even after "adjusting for inflation" in the switch from Japan. I don't think he'll be as good as Ryu.

Alex Guerrero.

Trayce Thompson.

Carl Crawford.

Have you seen Howie Kendrick's contract? :lol:

Alex Guerrero. It's so worthless that the Dodgers won't blink and he'll be gone. Crawford or Ethier won't get DFA'd.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Seager. Duh.

Kenta Maeda, even after "adjusting for inflation" in the switch from Japan. I don't think he'll be as good as Ryu.

Alex Guerrero.

Trayce Thompson.

Carl Crawford.

Have you seen Howie Kendrick's contract? :lol:

Alex Guerrero. It's so worthless that the Dodgers won't blink and he'll be gone. Crawford or Ethier won't get DFA'd.

All of your choices seem rather obvious...except Maeda. I envisioned him a 4/5 starter and you think he will have a "fall from grace", which leads to my next question...how highly do you think of this guy?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of your choices seem rather obvious...except Maeda. I envisioned him a 4/5 starter and you think he will have a "fall from grace", which leads to my next question...how highly do you think of this guy?
I had to pick someone.