• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Position Battles: Linebackers

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Justin March injured? A buddy of mine is telling me he's out 3-6 weeks but I can't find anything on the net about an injury.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Justin March injured? A buddy of mine is telling me he's out 3-6 weeks but I can't find anything on the net about an injury.
First I've heard of it. Not seeing anything out of the beats about it and I didn't notice anything during the game with Chicago.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they meant Josh Mauga. He is out for the year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I figured he meant Justin Houston at first but idk where he gets 3-6 weeks from either.

Yeah that was the part that was throwing me. I mean I did see that Houston was placed on the PUP for the regular season meaning he will for sure miss the first 6 weeks of the season if not more but he is the only one that I can see being on the short term at this point.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lynch me but I was interested because of an IDP fantasy football league I'm in. I was watching March as a deep sleeper (love the talent and nose for the ball) and was about to pick him up when I noticed a thread on footballguys that said he was injured. When I looked I couldn't find anything so I came here to ask the experts. Turns out the scrub saw a news blurb from last year or something.

So... sorry for wasting your time gentlemen. But I do thank you for the help. I picked him up and stashed him on my practice squad. Any chance this guy cracks the starting lineup and works himself into a 3-down role this year?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lynch me but I was interested because of an IDP fantasy football league I'm in. I was watching March as a deep sleeper (love the talent and nose for the ball) and was about to pick him up when I noticed a thread on footballguys that said he was injured. When I looked I couldn't find anything so I came here to ask the experts. Turns out the scrub saw a news blurb from last year or something.

So... sorry for wasting your time gentlemen. But I do thank you for the help. I picked him up and stashed him on my practice squad. Any chance this guy cracks the starting lineup and works himself into a 3-down role this year?
No worries, man. The Chiefs aren't in base all that much so a 3 down SILB is mostly out of the cards. I would definitely argue March should be in the lead to start, however. Maybe they go base more now that they don't have as much depth in the secondary but I wouldn't count on it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, man. The Chiefs aren't in base all that much so a 3 down SILB is mostly out of the cards. I would definitely argue March should be in the lead to start, however. Maybe they go base more now that they don't have as much depth in the secondary but I wouldn't count on it.

This is exactly what I was thinking. DJ will get most of the snaps when they go nickel and with a player like Berry he can almost take that 2nd linebacker spot because of his size and aggression in the middle. Doesn't mean they won't have a 2nd linebacker in there some but now with some depth concerns at the position I could see them go safety heavy on some formations kind of like the Broncos like to do.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what I was thinking. DJ will get most of the snaps when they go nickel and with a player like Berry he can almost take that 2nd linebacker spot because of his size and aggression in the middle. Doesn't mean they won't have a 2nd linebacker in there some but now with some depth concerns at the position I could see them go safety heavy on some formations kind of like the Broncos like to do.
My hope is March is quick enough eventually to where they really don't need to bring a Berry down which means less work for Bob Sutton. I don't particularly like the idea of Bob Sutton being the team's best passrusher, DB, etc. Seems a bit green though and can misdiagnose the gap at times. Wilson is a bigger, slower, but seems to correctly diagnose even if he's a bit late. Mauga was so one dimensional I often felt was more scheme product than he was a "good" thumper. It'd help more in the run game where the Chiefs are very dependent on the DL and ILB's to clamp down so the DB's don't get involved. Seems doubtful, but he looks intriguing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Wilson was waived. Figured he was safe after Mauga went down. I liked him more than the FO did it looks like.