• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Portlan Trail Blazers vs Miami Heat Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
TV: Sun Sports (Eric Reid, Tony Fiorentino, Jason Jackson); NBA TV
Radio: FM 104.3/AM 790 & The HEAT Radio Network (Mike Inglis, John Crotty) Spanish Radio: WAQI 710AM (José Pañeda, Joe Pujala)
Series Notes: The HEAT and Trail Blazers meet for the second and final match-up this regular season. Earlier this season, the HEAT recorded a, 108-107, victory in Portland. Last season, the two teams split the season-series, 1-1, with each team winning on their home court. The HEAT is 17- 33 all-time versus the Trail Blazers in the regular season, including 6-18 in games played in Miami and 11-15 in games played in Portland.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Miami Heat Heat players need an airing of grievances? - Sun Sentinel

A team meeting or any thing like that won’t help… It is too late in the season for that type of crap. And as I have said before, when the biggest problem is your so called leaders bitching out of games or making costly mental mistakes in games and not putting in the necessary effort(Wade -Lebron) there is no point in having a team meeting and expressing yourself… I’d say neither of these two would have any credibility when speaking at this point giving these things I have said.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care about seeding, 1 or 2 doesnt make a differencr. Its all about how we are playing going into the playoffs and right now we look like crap.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you believe you might become ill to the point you may die - Go to the twitter page of Ethan Skolnick as he breaks down all of the costly defensive lapses by the Heat(with video) so its great. Many lapses by LBJ, CB and the scrub(Battier)

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Unless you believe you might become ill to the point you may die - Go to the twitter page of Ethan Skolnick as he breaks down all of the costly defensive lapses by the Heat(with video) so its great. Many lapses by LBJ, CB and the scrub(Battier)

The team is clearly not focused against lesser teams and losing focus. They are not playing with the same hunger and passion as the other teams. They can not have as an excuse in the back of their mind that they have been to the finals 3 straight years and are exhausted. It is mental right now...see Pacers struggling even though they have just been to the semifinals (conference finals) one year. They need to get it together over the next several games or it could end much sooner than expected for these guys. I for one think the maintenance program takes the edge off of others.

Haslem said it the best: "We are not entitled!" They play and feel like they are entitled and it is why they are losing. I can't get why Cole hits a wall every time during this year and why the others are just falling off so badly but I guess you can't run from father time...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play good teams this week so hopefully they will be focused.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is clearly not focused against lesser teams and losing focus. They are not playing with the same hunger and passion as the other teams.

As I have said before, this is due to the lack of discipline and desire from this team - they should be able to get up for these games and win them with ease.

As for not playing with the same hunger and passion as the other teams, they never play with the same hunger and passion as other teams-- in that regard, the Heat are outplayed on a nightly basis… they only out play teams when things go well for them from start to finish, the moment adversity strikes, they flop… That is exactly what happend last night. And has happend too many times before.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haslem said it the best: "We are not entitled!" They play and feel like they are entitled and it is why they are losing.

This is another thing I have said many times before since this team was put together. The two divas especially, play and act as if they are entitled given their name-sake, success over the years and money they make. This is not a good thing coming from your co-captains. Not even sure what would make them worthy of being team captains anyway outside of the examples I gave above…Otherwise, they dont posses any captain/leadership skills.

They need to humble up now and refocus or they will be humbled later when they fall short of their goal

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Heat doing on the night after getting embarassed by a lesser team and night before a matchup vs a tough opponent? No, not practicing and working on their game but partying for CB’s birthday.

You have been warned to expect a sloppy start tomorrow

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Heat doing on the night after getting embarassed by a lesser team and night before a matchup vs a tough opponent? No, not practicing and working on their game but partying for CB’s birthday.

You have been warned to expect a sloppy start tomorrow

The Heat are at the point where they almost certainly won't have HC in the ECF and Finals ( if they make it), and they know it.

They are , and have been bored for the majority of the season.
At home, they often get some energy/ emotion going in parts of games from the crowd and usually find ways to win those games.

On the road, every now and then they challenge themselves against good teams, but sleep walk against the bad ones.

I don't expect any of that to change before the playoffs start.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, but Beasley's name is the one always mentioned in terms of poor defense.

Let's be clear, Beasley still can often be a liability, but he has been fine for the most part when the guys on the floor with him are doing their jobs.

Only a few players on the Heat are giving 100% effort playing their minutes.
I'd say UD, Birdman, Beasley, Cole, Oden.

You can't win in this league like that when every other team is giving you their best shot.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crowd down here is lousy, as it is in most sports here - so i dont think they are much of a factor one way or another. on a different note , according to Ira Winderman the Heat are listing Diva Wade as doubtful with a “sprained ankle” which really translates to a pap smear for him. Even Ira points out it is interesting and mysterious considering he bitched out of the last game already. But once a diva, always a diva - and Wade is that for sure.

Also points out Greg Oden is back in the starting lineup tonight.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Miami Heat still willing to outwork opposition? - Sun Sentinel

The latest Ask Ira ask - Are the Heat still willing to outwork opposition? Um, they have never been willing to outwork the opposition - they either get outworked or they get lucky half-assing through games and pulling out lucky wins… A disturbingly minor amount of their wins have been due to them outworking the opponent. As long as we have these two divas (Wade,Lebron) effort will always be lacking to a higher degree than it should.

Are Miami Heat still willing to outwork opposition? - Sun Sentinel

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are at the point where they almost certainly won't have HC in the ECF and Finals ( if they make it), and they know it.

They are , and have been bored for the majority of the season.
At home, they often get some energy/ emotion going in parts of games from the crowd and usually find ways to win those games.

On the road, every now and then they challenge themselves against good teams, but sleep walk against the bad ones.

I don't expect any of that to change before the playoffs start.

they are only 2 losses behind the pacers and we play them wednesday. so im not ready to concede top seed in the east to indy yet. but we will probably be on the road in the finals. so what.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are only 2 losses behind the pacers and we play them wednesday. so im not ready to concede top seed in the east to indy yet. but we will probably be on the road in the finals. so what.

You might not be ready, but have you watched them play lately?
Not only that, Pacers own the tiebreaker and I guarantee are willing to fight harder for it then the Heat are.
By that, I mean the Heat will start a r&r program the last several games regardless of standings.
I doubt the Pacers will.

As far as so what?
Probably nothing if we are healthy and peaking for those last 2 series.
The Heat pissed away home court IMO way earlier in the season when they should have been fresh and motivated to not be in this position now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, Pacers own the tiebreaker and I guarantee are willing to fight harder for it then the Heat are.
By that, I mean the Heat will start a r&r program the last several games regardless of standings.
I doubt the Pacers will.

As far as so what?
The Heat pissed away home court IMO way earlier in the season when they should have been fresh and motivated to not be in this position now.

You do realize if the Heat beat the Pacers in the final 2 meetings they will own the tiebreaker? And have you seen the Pacers play lately or their schedule?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize if the Heat beat the Pacers in the final 2 meetings they will own the tiebreaker? And have you seen the Pacers play lately or their schedule?

I forgot they would be 3-1 head to head. I was thinking conference record.
And I have seen them both play, that's why I picked the team in the lead.

I hope as much as anyone that I am wrong.
The Heat have had so many chances to just give a shit when the Pacers have been sucking, and they just don't seem to care.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Pacers will.

As far as so what?
The Heat pissed away home court IMO way earlier in the season when they should have been fresh and motivated to not be in this position now

You cant make too much out of what clown flauge says - the tony fiorentino of the Heat board - the biggest apologist there will ever be for them esepcially for the big 3.

As for the fact that we shouldnt worry about the Pacers because they have been as inconsistent as us - I think they are just doing it because they see we are blowing our chances - otherwise, they would be going after it too. The Heat need to start taking advantage of their chances before the Pacers get tired of it and lock up the 1 seed easier than they should