• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Planet of the Apes 1: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Movie should have never had a sequel... Let alone a remake... IMO

This is a prequel.

Probably doesn't help that we have a couple of traitor humans that basically help turn us into slaves.

Those douchers lol

He doesn't help them. They create a drug to cure alzheimer's or something and test it on a ape and it ends up making him smart like human, but they see him as a threat so they look him up. He escapes gives more apes, monkeys, etc the drug which they have formed into an inhalant. Thus they all become smart and rebel.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a prequel.

He doesn't help them. They create a drug to cure alzheimer's or something and test it on a ape and it ends up making him smart like human, but they see him as a threat so they look him up. He escapes gives more apes, monkeys, etc the drug which they have formed into an inhalant. Thus they all become smart and rebel.

Interesting. But there are still more humans in...like...Canada...than there are apes on all of Earth. An ape takeover? That's like Argentina conquering the world.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. But there are still more humans in...like...Canada...than there are apes on all of Earth. An ape takeover? That's like Argentina conquering the world.

True, but it's a surprise attack. And if they take the US they can take the world!!!!!

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it last night. I thought it was really good.

And the apes didn't take over until after the humans killed each other off in wars and whatnot. Don't y'all remember the end of the original? :D

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the scene where Taylor comes across the half-buried Statue of Liberty? Great scene...and it was the first time that a character was allowed to yell "God damn you all to Hell" in a G-rated movie. Probably allowed since the character wasn't speaking to anyone in particular. "Gosh darn you all to heck" just wouldn't have cut it.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would there then be Al Quada apes and terrorist apes im turbans that hate the American apes?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Movie should have never had a sequel... Let alone a remake... IMO

I agree.

It's bad enough network TV has Hawaii Five O again & Charlie's Angels is coming back.

No wonder the best shows on TV are on HBO & Showtime. Hollywood needs to wake the fuck up. Another Superman movie, Really? Conan the Barbarian? Give me a break. Most movies come from books. Nobody can tell me there aren't books out their by authors other than Nicholas Sparks that can be made into movies.

Harlon Coben has written a number of good mystery/thrillers.
T. Jefferson Parker is another author who's written some good books as well.

For the ladies out their the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon would probably kick the crap out of every movie out their if they could get Hugh Jackman to play the lead role.

Eminence

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you serious? The movie was awesome. If you watched the movie the apes don't have to kill off the people.... whats with people knocking on movies that they haven't seen?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? The movie was awesome. If you watched the movie the apes don't have to kill off the people.... whats with people knocking on movies that they haven't seen?

Fine. Fine. But I'd still take out at least 700 of them by myself, with one gun.... I don't care how smart they are.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

****SPOILER ALERT*****

The apes don't take over through force. The virus that makes the apes smart ends up being fatal to humans and can be passed in the air. The second to get it is an airline pilot...

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****SPOILER ALERT*****

The apes don't take over through force. The virus that makes the apes smart ends up being fatal to humans and can be passed in the air. The second to get it is an airline pilot...

Those MOTHER fuckers....

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those MOTHER fuckers....

yeah they changed that big time... Maybe there will still be a nuclear option as the virus spreads? It didn't really get into it. Just showed the pilot leaving for work with the virus in full swing.

They did at least pay tribute to the original by having the Mars mission leave and get lost in space.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has got to be the most overhyped film in quite some time. It would be nice if the movie industry could come up with some good new movies.

Another remake, I'm going to pass.

I think there is an inverse correlation between the amount of hype through advertising and the quality of the film. :whip:

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Planet of the Apes any good?

Should I waste time downloading it? :evil:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the In flight feature from Chicago to Cancun. I tried following it but I was too busy imagining the plane crashing into the ocean whenever there was the slightest bit of turbulence.