• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates at Reds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arroyo got lucky, we should have done more damage.

The Inge upgrade shouldnt even cost anything we would miss. Utility players have a lower trade value than meh setup guys.

I wrote todays game off as a loss before we started the series, hopefully we can steal this one.

Also, I am in the 'I'm glad we didnt extend Walker' club. Both he and Alvarez are guys you just go through arbitration, at least Pedro hits alot of homers.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
walker, i commented at end of 11 we should have sold high as he was coming off a surprising season both offensively and defensively but to outsiders, he would've appeared to have even more to get out of him.
i think we missed the opportunity, but if anyone needs a 2B that is a contender and needs a good role bat that will fit into a good lineup, improve it and help them get that last piece or fill in for an injured player (i had advocated offering him to the phils last year as they were ready to make a playoff run but lost utley at the beginning of the season), walker would be a good and cheap piece.
we have some replacements in AAA that are not a big dropoff but he would be a nice MLB ready and young/cheap piece for a contender to get the SS, RF, C we need.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great bunt by Mercer.....

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow, what a great job by cumpton today.
second start, pressure game.
opponent with the 2nd best W/L record in MLB.

our pitchers are really on this first half the year. unbelievable performance under fire and using almost our whole AAA pitching contingent already.
cole, irwin, cumpton, zagurski, reid, liriano, mazzaro, morris, now welker, and eventually black.

pedro has more ribbies than votto, howard, posey and other run producing studs.
hopefully he is warming up as he did last year.
june 250/348/533/881 with 6 HR and 16 RBI in 18 games. including HR today.
also batting 5th today. he is good in day games as already stated.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three words today so far: Pedro Freakin Alvarez

Lets hope he keeps it up!

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
all right, pedro now at 281/361/609/970 with 6 HR and 19 ribbies in 18 games.
studly day game performance.
my theories,
vision problem is most obvious first suspect, sleep apnea (given his weight) and more lethargic later in the day, other sleep issue, eats too heavy of dinner slowing his blood flow to his peripheral muscles, or he is scared of the dark.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all right, pedro now at 281/361/609/970 with 6 HR and 19 ribbies in 18 games.
studly day game performance.
my theories,
vision problem is most obvious first suspect, sleep apnea (given his weight) and more lethargic later in the day, other sleep issue, eats too heavy of dinner slowing his blood flow to his peripheral muscles, or he is scared of the dark.

LOL or he wants to get out of there and go out partying?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad cumpton not in line for a win.

Yeah he deserved it with good start. I guess this is his last start since Gomez will be back next time around the rotation.

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah he deserved it with good start. I guess this is his last start since Gomez will be back next time around the rotation.

nice to know we have a guy who will toe the slab and have no fear in a tight situation.
looking back to last couple years it wasnt like that.
locke, mcP, and wilson last year seem to have trouble in their first outings and lincoln the year before.

seems like better quality on the mound and all the young guys dong well.
about the only bombs have been zagurski, sanchez, contreras, and leroux.
all guys without options that we had to use, but we added as depth in case the younger guys needed another year.
good reasoning, they didnt work out, and thankfully we dont need them.

now if we can just keep people healthy and hope McD is willing to go to AAA and work out the kinks this year and fulfill his potential in 2014.

burnett, wandy, locke, liriano, morton
cole goes back down if these 5 healthy and producing.
gomez to pen.
then next year we have cole replace whoever we dont trade, and we have
taillon, pimental, goomez as injury depth.
and many young arms to put into the trade for giancarlo stanton with polanco.
give them 3 pitchers not named taillon or cole with polanco.
mercer fills in at ss as FT starter,
sanchez replaces mck
harrison or dejesus replaces inge
then we just see if we can get a longer term 1B, altho the platoon has the 4th best OPS in the NL for 1B.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win.

The games we shoulda won we lost, the games we should have lost we won.

Guess thats why they play the games :D

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a split in cincy. could have had 3, and very competitive in the first game as well.
very good showing.
we are not backing down, but need more innings out of our starters or our BP will explode.
cant believe how much pitching depth and quality we have exhibited so far this year, and that is with McD and Karstens bringing nothing this year.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice win against the Reds, i totally agree about the Pitching. Granted I would like to see Cole stay up but not sure out of those 5 who would you send to the bullpen? Maybe Morton?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have 6 quality starters when everyone gets healthy, but we never seem to get to that point.. I guess you have to option Cole if it comes down to it. Considering Morton is out of options, he's number 6 in my mind.

We have gone to an 8 man bullpen now. Besides going to 9 man pen which would be insane, we could just use the last spot as a conga line of optionable pitchers.

Considering everyone healthy:
The hammers
Grilli
Melancon

Good guys
Watson
Wilson
Morris

No options swingmen

Gomez
Mazzaro

Conga line, as soon as you pitch in a game you get sent to AAA and the next one in line comes up:
Reid
Welker
Black
Hughes

That is a virtual 9 man bullpen, we could even throw Cumpton and Oliver in the Conga lineif needed.