• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Phoenix Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams-Game Thread

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the positive too is that this win by the Cards hurt the Shithawks.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, who knows how good his re-grip was. He didn't tuck to re-grip, it was nearly knocked loose when he was in his throwing motion and had to pull it back.

Did you see the play Jermaine?

Vita, Hill was put in a tough situation, that's all I was saying when I defend Davis. When you are behind, you have to try to make something happen and usually it's against an all out pass rush because they know you are throwing the ball, and usually the odds are against you, Hill was facing an uphill battle, just like Davis has?

My problem is Davis played well enough this year that he should have been allowed to play out the year so we could see what he has. Davis made turnovers late in games because the defense put him in bad situations. Hill has not come through twice now when the Rams were behind , but the defense kept us in these games, Hill did not come through, the same thing that Davis haters complained about, the only difference is the SD game was absolutely a winnable game until that interception was thrown by Hill.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just stop with the Davis talk. Here are the facts :

Davis sucks, he was responsible for 7 defensive TD's and turned the ball over too much. He was a 3rd string QB and that is all he will ever be.

The problem is that Hill is not good either but at least he doesn't throw pick 6's every week . The Rams just blew it this season by having no real backup for Bradford knowing he was a fragile QB.

Dude you just watched the Rams versus AZ twice. Once at home and once on the road.

Hill did nothing. At home

Davis had 2 TDs and 2 bad turnovers. Davis is young. He can learn to not force as much and he's mobile.

Bring Bradford back whatever I'm over it
Draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd
Bring back Austin Davis

Now u have a competition.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, who gives a shit. Our season is over
Its about next season. Davis deserves the opportunity more than Hill at this point.

And yeah, competition next year.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First...NFL network went down.:doh: So then I tuned in my NFL Audio....then the freaking power went out. :doh:The rain is unreal with high winds. Missed the whole dang game. :LSo a few min ago power came back on so I went to my PC to watch NFL replay; game came on and after first quarter the damn cable went out...:gaah: Fuck IT!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, who knows how good his re-grip was. He didn't tuck to re-grip, it was nearly knocked loose when he was in his throwing motion and had to pull it back.

Did you see the play Jermaine?

So Vita i saw the play the initial forward motion got tipped, and then he escaped the pocket and had ample room to throw but the pass failed miserably. It's okay though, we weren't gonna break above 500 any way. What i don't get is what's the big deal in playing spoiler to playoff teams. Ether way they are in a position that we aren't and that's the playoff whether we ruin their chances of home field, etc they achieved something that we failed to do another year and that is make the playoffs.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Rams didn't go for it on 4th down. It was do or die in my opinion. You lose the season is over. How many times do you think you'll get down inside the 5 With just minutes to go? Cards stopped Rams run and Rams couldn't stop the Cards run game. That was big in this game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards knew how to slow the pass rush; running game and quick passes. The pass rush looked like it did early in the season as a result. Of course, Williams' answer was to bring more bodies, which opened up running lanes. The Rams D was overaggressive, running themselves right out of those running lanes and losing containment at times as well.

The Rams didn't allow a TD, but they also only got into scoring position twice and settled for FGs. Missing their two opportunities for turnovers really hurt.

I will NEVER understand the CBs playing 10 yards off the ball. How many times did Arizona convert on 2nd or 3rd and medium because the CBs were playing too far off the ball? You would think that a DC so preoccupied with pass rush would want press coverage to allow that pass a moment longer to get to the QB.

They really needed to look to Bailey more. If the outside receivers can't beat their coverage, look to the slot and take advantage of that matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about next season. Davis deserves the opportunity more than Hill at this point.

And yeah, competition next year.

Hell when your True No. #1 is down then it's competition every freaking down.

Either Davis is stinking it up in Practice or Hill needs to sit down.

Two games to find out if the young Davis is worthy of decent backup role QB money or not.

I have no problems what so ever if they take the last two games to find that out.

Cards knew how to slow the pass rush; running game and quick passes. The pass rush looked like it did early in the season as a result. Of course, Williams' answer was to bring more bodies, which opened up running lanes. The Rams D was overaggressive, running themselves right out of those running lanes and losing containment at times as well.

The Rams didn't allow a TD, but they also only got into scoring position twice and settled for FGs. Missing their two opportunities for turnovers really hurt.

I will NEVER understand the CBs playing 10 yards off the ball. How many times did Arizona convert on 2nd or 3rd and medium because the CBs were playing too far off the ball? You would think that a DC so preoccupied with pass rush would want press coverage to allow that pass a moment longer to get to the QB.

They really needed to look to Bailey more. If the outside receivers can't beat their coverage, look to the slot and take advantage of that matchup.
I actually say it opposite shops... I thought Greg called a much different game than usually and it bit him in the ass. He showed blitz but usually backed out of it. Absolutely backed out of it at the wrong time when an actual blitz could have been the game changer a few times.

A fake blitz is probably the hardest to run but could have saved his ass.

Bruce Arians rips people for picking 'always 8-8' Rams - CBSSports.com

sadly, we haven't been 8-8 in years....
Surely Preseason prognostication. I didn't read it to be fair...

However I'm sure a caveat is there for injuries and we surely have had key injuries to our offense this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until the Rams can get rid of Hill and Davis in the off season. Let's hope we draft a rookie QB, get a new veteran QB and if Bradford restructures his contract then he can compete as well for the starting position.

I wouldn't go so far as to say all that. They're both good backups and spot-duty guys. One of them is going to be around next year (neither as the full-time starter) and I don't really have a problem with that.