• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Philippe's French Dip versus Philadelphia Cheesesteak

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it should be the In-N-Out Double-Doubles instead of Phillippe's, but whatever. I like Phillippe's better.
17744.jpg

philippemustard.jpg

It's so good.

=========

Probable Pitchers
Tuesday SNLA (4:10p PST): Alex Wood versus Jerome Williams
Wednesday SNLA (4:10p PST): Brett Anderson versus Harangatang
Thursday SNLA / MLBN (10:10a PST): Zack Greinke versus David Buchanan

Fun things to watch for
*This is Jimmy Rollins' first time back in Philly as an opposing player. He'll be batting leadoff.
*Alex Wood's debut as a Dodgers pitcher.
*Jeff Francouer batting cleanup, which is hilarious because he's a crappy hitter.
*The Phillies are hot, with a record of 12-3 in their last 15 games.
*Harangatang is basically their best starter right now, so they are really bad.
*Maikel Franco and Andres Blanco are pretty good hitters.
*LOL Ryan Howard
*Aaron Harang's Eyes Implanted Into Various MLB Players' Faces

Red Flag
This lineup is very familiar with Alex Wood and they've had success against him.
Career vs Current Phillies Roster
Batting Avg: 0.365 [31 / 85], BABIP: 0.429, FIP: 3.989, K%: 14.29, BB%: 10.00
25 Single, 17 Groundout, 14 Strikeout, 10 Walk, 9 Flyout, 5 Double, 5 Lineout, 4 Pop Out, 4 Forceout, 2 Sac Bunt, 1 Grounded Into DP, 1 Runner Out, 1 Home Run

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked that the Phillies have win 12 of their last 15. Unreal.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take 2/3, a sweep would be gravy, but certainly possible.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am shocked that the Phillies have win 12 of their last 15. Unreal.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable.

Ill take 2 out of 3 all day every day!

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely bone head decision by Mattingly to go to Peralta with the game on the line in the 7th. Come on, Donnie. Peralta has to go so this can't happen again, IMO the worst guy in the pen currently. (also Kendrick not getting the lead runner beforehand wtf?)

As for Wood, I thought he was awesome, the only thing I've been concerned with Wood is his strikeout rate, that was way down, well tonight he got a ton of swings and misses and 8 strikeouts. It was very encouraging for me, very unfortunate that he was stuck with 4 earned runs, he was much better than that.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely bone head decision by Mattingly to go to Peralta with the game on the line in the 7th. Come on, Donnie. Peralta has to go so this can't happen again, IMO the worst guy in the pen currently. (also Kendrick not getting the lead runner beforehand wtf?)

As for Wood, I thought he was awesome, the only thing I've been concerned with Wood is his strikeout rate, that was way down, well tonight he got a ton of swings and misses and 8 strikeouts. It was very encouraging for me, very unfortunate that he was stuck with 4 earned runs, he was much better than that.
I agree with all of this....

My additional concern is the reliance on the long ball that generates 50% of their runs. Last night the bases were loaded with no outs, nothing. 2nd and 3rd and no outs, nothing. If this team makes the playoffs, they are to have to drive in runs consistently without the long ball.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I have been patient with Peralta because he's got such an awesome reputation as a leader and mentor for young relievers - and with the bullpen full of guys like Garcia, Nicasio, and Baez, I could see how he could help. Now? Nah. Baez doesn't need Peralta's help and Garcia is in OKC.

I think it's time for him to retire and then give him a job as a bullpen assistant or something. He doesn't need to be out there on the mound for the Dodgers - not when there are better arms in OKC.