• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks 12/30/13 | 10:00pm

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Cobie, Giroux, Schenn, Simmonds, Hartnall, Voracek, and Lecavalier just kept pounding away. I love the grit when they want to turn it on.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys wanted to see a Flyers goalie steal a game and that's exactly what happened! Sweet! Now onto Calgary I'll be right behind the flamer net doing everything I can to get them another win. Can't wait!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was easily one of the more exciting games of the year. I don't know if we even deserved a point and yet we came away with two. Obviously the goal by Schenn with the goalie pulled was clutch, but the goal by Giroux to tie it was all-world. He had one defender all over him to his right and another just behind him to his left and still managed to put that puck home perfectly. Again, I think this team is just going to keep improving and G is leading the way. Team Canada would be fucking crazy to keep him off their team.

Mase seems to have stolen another couple of points for us in this one. He made a few spectacular saves to keep it close. I don't know if we're good enough yet to beat the Canucks in their building in regulation, but we scratched and clawed our way to a win in this one regardless. I think the Caps should definitely be worried at this point. We're coming for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Maverick, the announcers on the broadcast I was watching were discussing the merits of keeping or adding Giroux to Team Canada. One stated that the Olympics will be played in a non-NHL hockey-like environment and he (the announcer) thought of no one better who adapts rapidly to those conditions while on ice and still remains a viable offensive and defensive threat than Giroux. Certainly, Giroux hasn't done anything that would suggest he be left off the team. He should some real strength with that goal you described.

I agree on Mase. There was a string of 5 or 6 consecutive saves in the third going into OT that Mase did that kept us in the game. The first three in a row were break-away point blank shots on goal by Vancouver and Mase stopped them all. My respect for Mase increased immensely as we haven't seen that kind of performance in awhile. I think he is going to be a one of the special goalies with time barring injuries.