• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Jackson is coming?????

dafan590

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 37m

Been hearing rumbles all week Raptors were planning to make run at Phil Jackson to offer team presidency Phil craves. All makes sense now

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 35m

Hiring of Tim Leiweke to run Raps & Leafs gives Toronto's basketball team major player with LA ties who can make pitch Phil will listen to

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 22m

Tim Leiweke brought David Beckham to MLS. So he's last guy who's gonna listen to naysayers who inevitably say Phil will never come to Canada

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the NBA teams to go to...A CANADIAN team would be his last option.
and a team that needs rebuilding on top of that? dont see it..

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the NBA teams to go to...A CANADIAN team would be his last option.
and a team that needs rebuilding on top of that? dont see it..

Wow great insight.

He wont come to a Canadian team? Why would Tim Leiweke come?
Rogers who owns the Raptors have very deep pockets and are very serious about building a championship team.

About the rebuild. They are already on there way to becoming a solid team. Few more mores and they will be right there.

Having said this you probably have no clue about the team and the steps they have made.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
derozan's fade away is luring him in. If they paid him enough and gave him the keys to the franchise plus a parking spot for his mother it could happen

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
leiwike....im on the bandwagon.....being a raptors fan is awesome....we jump on the wagon and then trash the wagon afterwards...

remember when we were happy we got turkoglu...i swear to god i would be the WORST GM EVER....

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
leiwike....im on the bandwagon.....being a raptors fan is awesome....we jump on the wagon and then trash the wagon afterwards...

remember when we were happy we got turkoglu...i swear to god i would be the WORST GM EVER....

for the record I hated the hedo signing from day one. However I sprayed when the JO deal went down

ggill15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
true

for the record I hated the hedo signing from day one. However I sprayed when the JO deal went down

you're right...i actually hated the turks trade as well...i have no idea how we got rid of that piece of crap....

i feel like a know a way more now though....i actually used to like jose as well....soo much other stuff happens on the court you gotta pay attention to....i hate jose soo much....

i was on the JO bandwagon as well....im still on the rudy gay one....we got him for jose and i dont even know how.....and those who think whatever his name....the young power forward that went to memphis from us....i already forgot his name....nways...if you think he's ever gonna be good you're stupid...

and im on the lewieke bandwagon....listen to his radio interview on bleacher....it's awesome...i think he should be our 6th man off the bench...

Tim Leiweke Interview (Audio), Implications for Colangelo (He?s Gone) | Raptors Republic: ESPN TrueHoop Network Blog

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm definitely man enough to admit that I was horned for Hedo. I was ambivalent when we got the gigantic forehead.

If I recall it was actually your posts that influenced colangelo's final decision on the signing. Always lurking, message boards are colangelo's eyes and ears for the talent (acne man draft months earlier).

Its cool though, the walrus era turned to be very entertaining plus the fix was already in to get bosh out, even Brandon bass couldn't have saved the season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I recall it was actually your posts that influenced colangelo's final decision on the signing. Always lurking, message boards are colangelo's eyes and ears for the talent (acne man draft months earlier).

Its cool though, the walrus era turned to be very entertaining plus the fix was already in to get bosh out, even Brandon bass couldn't have saved the season.

It's true. Our board also singlehandedly forced Colangelo's hand to resign Pops mid-season after he made us fans for life. And, I agree - the Walrus era was a very fun season. Hedo singlehandedly made up for Bosh's lack of a personality.

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's true. Our board also singlehandedly forced Colangelo's hand to resign Pops mid-season after he made us fans for life. And, I agree - the Walrus era was a very fun season. Hedo singlehandedly made up for Bosh's lack of a personality.

I remember his big Turkish moans while hacked on his sloth-like drives to the basket like it was yesterday. The crowd turned on him after ball, could have been real interesting the next season had senior salesman (chairman of the suns) not bailed salesmen out