• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Petition: Keep Oklahoma out of the Playoffs

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ONE game...one
somehow you are interpreting that to be the same as a 64 team field. I will just mark you down as "against" the play-in game idea

Okay...before the NCAA tournament was 68 teams it was 65...with a playin game.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. All year the argument was "Playoff needs to expand!" "Expand the playoffs!!!" "Need 6 teams!" "Need 8 teams!"

Now after Oklahoma's loss it's...."Playoff doesn't need to expand" "Maybe just 3 teams and have 1 seed get a BYE." "These games are boring and pointless, lets just fast forward to the NCG."

LOL. Guess what, they expand it to 8 and you'll have arguments that it needed to expand to 10-12, and you'll have people say it's pointless to have 8 play 1 when the difference in play is so great.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. All year the argument was "Playoff needs to expand!" "Expand the playoffs!!!" "Need 6 teams!" "Need 8 teams!"

Now after Oklahoma's loss it's...."Playoff doesn't need to expand" "Maybe just 3 teams and have 1 seed get a BYE." "These games are boring and pointless, lets just fast forward to the NCG."

LOL. Guess what, they expand it to 8 and you'll have arguments that it needed to expand to 10-12, and you'll have people say it's pointless to have 8 play 1 when the difference in play is so great.

Your problem is that you are using this year as your sample. There may be years when more than four teams are at a level of play. In the first year TCU was definitely good enough to have won it all maybe Baylor as well. I think eight is the right number. Are you going to get a couple teams that do not preform as expected in those eight? Yea, probably but, I think eight is still better.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma needs to join the SEC. They would be exposed as a 9-3 or 8-4 team in the SEC but they could recruit the SEC defenses to go with their offenses. Eventually OU would become a true National Title Contender.

That is 7-3. If they get anyone in the East not named Georgia (and perhaps Florida), they would win. So 9-3 is mostly likely result with potential for 8-4 if they get Georgia (especially in Athens).

Paging South Carolina Gamecocks...

Last edited:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017- 4 seed Alabama beat the 1 seed Clemson in the semis and went on to win the natty.
2014- 4 seed Ohio State beat the 1 seed Alabama in the semis and went on to win the natty

You just proved his point. Just seed Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson to the final 3 every time and we're good to go.