• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete DeBoer Death Watch (PETE FIRED BY LOU, NEW COACH NOT YET NAMED)

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good post MC.
Certain guys are going to be very difficult to trade with NTC or NMC, so need to just wait it out.
Checked capgeek, and Ryder, Zids, Havlat, Jagr are all done after this season. Elias has one more year.

Would be nice to see Matteau, Boucher, or even Kujawinski (racks up points but only 19).
Kind of tired of seeing Sestito and Harrold all the time.

Gomez has been good, but he came in after working out like crazy this summer to prove himself that he isn't done. I would bring in Lemaire for the day and see if he calls this team out of shape again. Would be good to hear his feedback of the current situation with this team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sell what you can and try to get another pick in this years first round. All the better to sell a jägr to a fringe team hoping he puts them over and hope they miss to get another ball for #1

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jagr refused to be traded last year right? He might not have the same feelings this season though.
Also, checked and Ryder has no NTC and NMC. Might be good for a playoff team looking to add a veteran scorer (just don't tell anybody he forgot how to score).
How about Gomez? Cheap contract. He is showing he can still skate, and set up players. Could bring in a decent return.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We are slipping more and more into the Mickey mouse days. Amazing how it has come full circle.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody watching? Devils should easily be able to "out-coach" the rangers tonight. Thoughts?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched the first two periods then started the interview. Defense was insanely sloppy pp had bernier and gionta on at once? Ugh we are bad

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was for a pdb firing but do so with a coach in place... Lou failed that part...

But if this is to secure a top pick then well played

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if mentioned but Sherry Ross had a tweet that Stevens said more good things about Larsson in 3 minutes than we've heard in 3 years. Stevens left because his ideas weren't being heard, Deboer gets canned and he's back. Stevens had to hate Deboer right? Most likely they didn't see eye to eye about playing the youth, mainly Larsson.

Hopefully Oates and Stevens will be willing to play young guys and it'll be looser since people won't have to worry about getting scratched after a bad play.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Peter Harrold was 2nd on team next to Zidlicky for total ice time last night.
Harrold can be steady, but he is not the team's future nor should he be receiving top pairing minutes in this league.
Zajac at the point experiment should be the last time we ever see that again.

Its only the first game for the new tag team coaching staff, but the effort was no different then the last few weeks. Team just doesn't have the skill up front. I have 0 problem with the effort. I thought going into the game the team would be even more fired up then recent games.

Sadly, I don't even think the Rangers tried much at all.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still can't believe the oilers are 9 points worse then us

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm happy with this coaching decision but its also because I didn't think any coach in the world would be able to comeback from the hole DeBoer got us in with any team.

I was very scared of seeing Paul MacClean or someone else coming in and being another DeBo so the fact that none of these guys should last past this season is a big plus.

As for minutes, my main interest is "Eric Gelinas: 15:54" as the least used Dman. Nobody is getting shit opportunities in the <10 min area like they were with Debo. It'll all work itself out and I treat the first 5 or so games as a training camp situation where the coaches are trying to see what they have to work with.

They are going to suck, they are going to look pretty bad out there, but atleast we have hope in the team improving. There was no hope with Debo because, as he said, he wasn't there to teach players and help them learn to play at a high level.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what doesnt make sense to me is that everyone keeps talking (lou) about assessing the players they have. what the hell has he been doing for the first 40 games then? if he needs to be behind the bench to see better then he should've been sitting in the first row for the games not in the box.

also i really do believe that stevens lands the job this summer. which would be horrible IMO

but then again i think paul maclean would be just as bad

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is no hope for the team if Stevens is named the head coach next year. It's bad enough if you have no NHL coaching experience... Having no coaching experience at all pretty much makes you useless.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mess up there! Good luck to you all & your team. I hope the coaching by committee works for the Devils & they can turn the season around a bit for all of you! :suds: