• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perron a decent comparable for Raymond?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I hope so. he just signed a two-year, 4.3 million extension with Blues.
Perron will be paid 1.8 and 2.5 next 2 yrs.

Raymond: 24 years old, 25 g, 53 pts last year
NHL totals: 203 gp, 45g, 97 pts

Perron: 22 years old, 20 g, 47 pts last year.
NHL totals 225 gp, 48 g, 124 pts

Raymond broke out a little stronger last season, but Perron has been more
productive over the course of their careers (both three seasons)

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be quite happy with that ruling. Not sure why some of board members seem to think the Canucks are looking at 3m+ per, aside from looking at certain UFA signings.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a bit of a weird decision by the arbitrator...

Clark MacArthur is looking for a new home after the Atlanta Thrashers walked away from a $2.4 million salary awarded by an arbitrator on Wednesday.

The 25-year old now becomes an unrestricted free agent and may sign with any team.

The Thrashers acquired MacArthur in a deadline deal with the Buffalo Sabres for a third and a fourth round draft choice in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He finished the season with 16 goals and 19 assists in 81 games split between the Sabres and Thrashers last season.

$2.4 for 16g and 19a? Come on...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
scary news of that arbitration number, but great news that Atlanta walked away.
it kind of takes any power away from that decision. maybe it resets the bar a little bit.

anyways mmm-bop decision coming up tomorrow. should be what... $2 mill? :)

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen, Perron has more talent and upside but production wise they seem to be about equal. Raymond has some sick wheels, but I don't know if he'll ever be a PPG guy, Perron just needs to pull his head out of his ass and he could be a 30/50 guy easy.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
From what I've seen, Perron has more talent and upside but production wise they seem to be about equal. Raymond has some sick wheels, but I don't know if he'll ever be a PPG guy, Perron just needs to pull his head out of his ass and he could be a 30/50 guy easy.

just to play devil's advocate, Perron has also had a heck of a lot more top line ice time (or top 6 at the very least) than Raymond so far. Raymond has somewhat been shuffled around during his tenure so far.
Perron is a shifty little cocksucker no doubt, but when Raymond's hands occasionally catch up to his feet, he can be a special little player. hell - Raymond got 25 goals last year already

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just to play devil's advocate, Perron has also had a heck of a lot more top line ice time (or top 6 at the very least) than Raymond so far. Raymond has somewhat been shuffled around during his tenure so far.
Perron is a shifty little cocksucker no doubt, but when Raymond's hands occasionally catch up to his feet, he can be a special little player. hell - Raymond got 25 goals last year already

I think Raymond actually had more ice time last year, but Perron probably spent more time on the PP. With Kariya out of the way (presumably... I'm actually surprised he hasn't been signed by anyone yet, he's still got some skills) he's going to get more premium ice time.

Long story short, they are quite comparable... how has Raymond looked next to the Robots?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Long story short, they are quite comparable... how has Raymond looked next to the Robots?

yes you are right. Raymond got about a minute more per game overall, but Perron got about 40 seconds more per game of PP time.

Raymond's actually more effective (even strength) with speedier players like Kesler & Burrows.
It seems he plays the game at a slightly faster pace than his hands or his head, which is the exact opposite of the Robots. They aren't fast, but they will pick you apart given a little bit of time.
as you are well familiar, Samuelsson's pace is a bit more inline with the Sedins. And Sammy just lives to shoot the puck, which fits well too.

coryberg2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One thing that can't be overlooked is that Raymond plays a strong 2 way game where as perron is basically a one way player. Raymond is also good on the PK. Perron? Not so much.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be quite happy with that ruling. Not sure why some of board members seem to think the Canucks are looking at 3m+ per, aside from looking at certain UFA signings.

aside from Wolski and Clarkson, the more comparable rfa's have signed 2 years or more deals in the range of 2 to 2.5 mill. Do I think Raymond is worth 3 mill ... no BUT

big difference: Raymond is going to arbitration ... anything seems to go there (as Mooger brought up the McArthur 2.4 mill ruling/walkaway from yesterday)

I heard a while back that JP Barry was using Latendresses 2.5 mill per signing as a sarting point ... He didnt say Raymond was looking for 3 mill but alot of media types have.

// so on this note: does anyone know how arbitration dates are scheduled? The Hansen ruling is supposed to come down some time today. Raymonds case gets heard Monday.

Just enough time for the canucks to walk away from a Hansen ruling if above 800K and make Raymond and Barry antsy enough to maybe sign a multi year deal before mondays arbitration hearing

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aside from Wolski and Clarkson, the more comparable rfa's have signed 2 years or more deals in the range of 2 to 2.5 mill. Do I think Raymond is worth 3 mill ... no BUT

big difference: Raymond is going to arbitration ... anything seems to go there (as Mooger brought up the McArthur 2.4 mill ruling/walkaway from yesterday)

I heard a while back that JP Barry was using Latendresses 2.5 mill per signing as a sarting point ... He didnt say Raymond was looking for 3 mill but alot of media types have.

// so on this note: does anyone know how arbitration dates are scheduled? The Hansen ruling is supposed to come down some time today. Raymonds case gets heard Monday.

Just enough time for the canucks to walk away from a Hansen ruling if above 800K and make Raymond and Barry antsy enough to maybe sign a multi year deal before mondays arbitration hearing

in case i wasnt clear ... what i mean is can a team schedule a guy first that they want to make an example out of for the next guy who is scheduled to have a hearing?

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As long as our GM doesn't make a player cry during the process. Hehe.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so Jstew. I think the arbitration dates come from the league.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scary news of that arbitration number, but great news that Atlanta walked away.
it kind of takes any power away from that decision. maybe it resets the bar a little bit.

anyways mmm-bop decision coming up tomorrow. should be what... $2 mill? :)

I would have thought so too but according to the CBA the MacArthur arbitration amount isn't useable in negotiations now that Atlanta walked away.

From the CBA:
(iii) The following categories of evidence are inadmissible and shall
not be considered by the Salary Arbitrator:

(H) Any award issued by a Salary Arbitrator as to which a Club
exercised its walk-away rights pursuant to Section 12.10;

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP Barry on team1040 saying they are asking for between 3.5 and 4 mill per year in arbitration

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canucks would/should walk away from anything close to those numbers.

Let's hope this is his FIRST loss in arbitration.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it ludicrous of Barry to think he is worth that and worse if the arbitrator agrees. bye bye raymond most likely if that is over 3.5 hell it would be bye bye if he is over $3. we are 1.6 or something over the Cap as it is now. we need to shed about $4.5 to $5M Bieksa is $3.5 to start. looks like we wont get anything for him. if we dont trade him before Raymond gets his decision we will be getting less than what Philly got for Gagne

Dupster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
C'mon guys. In any negotiation both sides are trying their best to highball/lowball the other side. Hearing that Barry may be starting at 3.5 to open up the talks has me thinking the final number will be less than 3.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to know who he is comparing Raymond to for those numbers. he has to compare to someone making that much to make his case seem realistic.