• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GNT/GDT week 16 (Jan 18 - Jan 24)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday, Jan 18th @ St. Louis Blues

Thursday, Jan 21st vs Philadelphia Flyers

Saturday, Jan 23 vs Vancouver Canucks

Sunday, Jan 24 @ Washington Capitals

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggg...zatkoff paired with shitty defense.

No playoffs for you!
Please don't trade away the 1st round pick, please don't trade away the 1st round pick, please don't trade away the 1st round pick :hope:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens will be knocked out of the playoffs due to the Flyers...uggg

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Caps game could get ugly score wise.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid's shots have had a lot of mustard on them as of late, great news for the Pens, bad news for opposing goalies.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rust has a spot on the team for the rest of the year. He's got great wheels and causes all kinds of havoc when he's on the ice. I really like him as an option on the fourth line, even when the team is healthy.

I also love Hagelin and Kessel on the same line. That speed will kill teams, especially as they get used to each other.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention Rust. At first I thought he was the filler until others were healthy but honestly with his speed he needs to stay on the roster.

When Bennett comes back Sheary will be sent back down and when Bonino is back Kunhhackl will be sent down. What is interesting I wonder what they plan on doing with Plotnikov? Everything that was advertised has not come to fruition (reminds me of the Pesonen experiment from years past). I truly don't get why they don't waive him, i doubt a team will take him. Truly the worst case now is a team takes him and they free up whats left of 950,000 of cap space.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been critical of Sid throughout the Mike Johnston era, but it appears as if the old Sid is back,
ZaX2oS9.gif
Snipes and all!
:clap:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention Rust. At first I thought he was the filler until others were healthy but honestly with his speed he needs to stay on the roster.

When Bennett comes back Sheary will be sent back down and when Bonino is back Kunhhackl will be sent down. What is interesting I wonder what they plan on doing with Plotnikov? Everything that was advertised has not come to fruition (reminds me of the Pesonen experiment from years past). I truly don't get why they don't waive him, i doubt a team will take him. Truly the worst case now is a team takes him and they free up whats left of 950,000 of cap space.

I'd rather have either Plotnikov or Kunhhackl than Porter, though, and I still see Plots as a capable fourth liner at the least, which is fine for what he's paid.

I do look forward to a Cullen-Bonino-Bennett third line, though. They might be able to provide some secondary scoring. Fehr can center one of Kunhhackl or Plotnikov and Rust on the fourth, and that would be a line to cause some headaches for the other team on the forecheck. Size, some speed, and a little bit of skill, just enough to wear on them a bit.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that bottom six alignment even with Bennett and Hornqvist swapping shifts with Crosby depending on the opponent/situation.

I forgot about Porter and with Plotnikov it sounds like Sullivan is not sure since he isn't familiar with him and his poor play started right around when Sullivan started coaching. Also, Rutherford doesn't want to give up on him:
Penguins notebook: Plotnikov's status with team unclear.

I am guessing what is keeping Porter around is his PK ability but with Hagelin around now that might become expendable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that bottom six alignment even with Bennett and Hornqvist swapping shifts with Crosby depending on the opponent/situation.

I forgot about Porter and with Plotnikov it sounds like Sullivan is not sure since he isn't familiar with him and his poor play started right around when Sullivan started coaching. Also, Rutherford doesn't want to give up on him:
Penguins notebook: Plotnikov's status with team unclear.

I am guessing what is keeping Porter around is his PK ability but with Hagelin around now that might become expendable.

Fehr, Cullen, Hagelin, Bonino, and Kunitz are all PK guys, and Crosby has been used at the end of them, so I imagine Porter will be redundant on a completely healthy team. I honestly think he's redundant now, and he's not great 5 v. 5 to make up for it. As disappointing as Plotnikov has been, I'd take his 5 v. 5 game over Porter's.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if the Pens can string some wins together...they have the Nucks skating very early, for them as a West coast team, so I expect a big win...but this Pens team surprises me almost every game, both good and bad.