• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 20 (Feb 16 - Feb 22)

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ I read that Bourque rant, it was spot on.

Fleury continues his solid play, and the Pens lead 1-0 after one period. Hornqvist cleaned up the garbage in front for the opening goal, and Letang made a steal in the offensive zone to set it up.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Powerplay is back as Hornqvist notches another one. Pens with another 4-0 lead!

Hope they don't fritter this one away like last night.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then they turn around and beat St. Louis and Florida on successive nights.

Wasn't around for the first three games this week. Only saw tonight's game. They were totally outplayed in the first period, but came out of it ahead. Then scored early in the second, then bury them in the third. All this while getting out shot 35 to 26. Go figure.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good game by Fleury, kept them in it early when the Panthers had a lot of jump.

Good to see the Pens start scoring again, figured the turnaround in goal was coming up. Just need to keep it up.

Big game v Caps on Wednesday.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good to see nice quantity of goals. Fleury is a beast and has kept the Pens above water. If the Pens can keep this offense going, with the top tier D they have been playing...in large part due to Fleury, this could get interesting. Lets keep the good times going and not slide

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably been about 11 years since I felt this shitty about tPens. Not since we got Sid have I been so disappointed with this team. If you recall, I had low expectations going into this season, yet I still find myself disappointed with how tPens have been performing so far. I don't blame Johnston or any particular player, but this is just not a very good team, time we face those facts, and it was really stupid of us to trade our 1st round pick this year.
I think penguins should just sell at the deadline get 2nd round picks and 3rd round picks if they can get a 1st back that would be good. they got to get depth around sid and malkin. For years i watched the lightning stink around st.louis and stamkos! are team did not get better until we drafted and brought in guys like palat, johnson, kucherov, connolly and killorn. people over look connolly but he has 12 goals as a fourth line player. I got me a xbox one doobee is it worth it at all to get nhl 15 did they fix stuff with patches ?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think penguins should just sell at the deadline get 2nd round picks and 3rd round picks if they can get a 1st back that would be good. they got to get depth around sid and malkin. For years i watched the lightning stink around st.louis and stamkos! are team did not get better until we drafted and brought in guys like palat, johnson, kucherov, connolly and killorn. people over look connolly but he has 12 goals as a fourth line player. I got me a xbox one doobee is it worth it at all to get nhl 15 did they fix stuff with patches ?

You don't win by acquiring a bunch of mid round picks. I think the percentage of guys that make it to the NHL outside of the 1st round is probably in the teens, maybe. That may be far too nice.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, this is probably the best line Sid's had for quite a while. Hornqvist and Perron flanking Sid is probably the best combination he's skated with for years. Kunitz and Comeau aren't going to be confused with top talent in the NHL, but both are pretty good for how Malkin plays the game. They could do worse. It's just the reality of a cap driven league. You can't assemble an 80's Oilers or 90's Red Wings anymore. Having a top 10 talent in the league comes with a double-edge sword because you have to give such a high percentage of your cap hit to one player. And while that one player produces in like the top two or three percent of the league, you pay a price for his presence financially. Tampa is going to find out what that pain really feels like very soon. Stamkos has just one year remaining on his deal, and negotiations I think can begin this off-season for a new one.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this is probably the best line Sid's had for quite a while. Hornqvist and Perron flanking Sid is probably the best combination he's skated with for years. Kunitz and Comeau aren't going to be confused with top talent in the NHL, but both are pretty good for how Malkin plays the game. They could do worse. It's just the reality of a cap driven league. You can't assemble an 80's Oilers or 90's Red Wings anymore. Having a top 10 talent in the league comes with a double-edge sword because you have to give such a high percentage of your cap hit to one player. And while that one player produces in like the top two or three percent of the league, you pay a price for his presence financially. Tampa is going to find out what that pain really feels like very soon. Stamkos has just one year remaining on his deal, and negotiations I think can begin this off-season for a new one.
it's happened to us before are 2004 team got stripped down we over paid vinny, richards, boyle and st.louis! also lost are goalie to the blackhawks the new salary cap killed are 2004 cup team.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also under stand that which is why id rather let stamkos go then pay him 12 plus million on the cap hit!