• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pedro and Correia

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last night ( not a daytime game ) Pedro helped going 2 for 3 with a walk... and Correia threw 5 shutout innings and the Pirates won easily 7-2.. McCutchen hit a homerun..Harrison had a big game..

A couple of other points... It was good to see so many bats getting in on the action, and it was important that they had a lead of more than 3 runs because it meant that Hanrahan got another day of rest and will be available tonight and tomorrow if needed.

I know it is an extremely small sample.. but I am hoping that last night was some kind of small indication that Pedro can actually hit at night and he is getting more consistent as he matures.... Go Pedro!

5 innings is not any great shakes from Correia.. but at least he got the win... He needed the confidence booster... Here is hoping that he can go more than 5 innings before he throws 97 pitches. The bullpen gets plenty of work as it is... IT would be nice to see the starter at least get to the 7th inning before they turn the baseball over to the pen.

imho

sychmd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes, we need to start seeing 7, 7.1, and 7.2 with an occasional CG in the mix.
that would be encouraging, really validating to burnett and mcdonald, and pump the pen and the rest of the team up a bit more.
on the flip side, if the innings are low, let the auditions begin:
owens, karstens, leroux, locke, wilson, vanderhuk, morris, reyes.
lets see who will be our on our 12 man staff next year.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as the Pirates are in the hunt for this division and or the wild card.. I am not going to focus too much on next year... It is a refreshing change for me to be thinking about what if... THIS YEAR!

So as long as they keep winning and keep pushing their record above .500 I am not ready to throw the towel in on this season.