• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Pats @ Ravens

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he keeps running like he is and taking hits? I'd say at some point within a couple years.

Great. I predict that Yellowstone will erupt within a couple years, so Jackson getting hurt won't really matter all that much.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. I predict that Yellowstone will erupt within a couple years, so Jackson getting hurt won't really matter all that much.

Everyone knows Yellowstone is erupting in 2048. Stop the sarcasm....

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... Bobby Wagner never played young Michael Vick (or forgot) who also was injured all the time and couldn't pass for fuck all.

Comparing Lamar Jackson to Michael Vick is so f'ing lazy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Lamar Jackson to Michael Vick is so f'ing lazy.

Oh yes, I should've compared him to Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, and Tom Brady. SORRY, my bad.

He's one of the best running QBs to ever play in the NFL since Vick.. is NOT that great of a passer, and likely has a short shelf life due to the running nature...

You're establishing yourself as one of the biggest homers on this forum. I would NOT want a QB that relies almost 100% on the run (unless he's playing Crapami) and takes some big hits while doing it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes, I should've compared him to Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, and Tom Brady. SORRY, my bad.

He's one of the best running QBs to ever play in the NFL since Vick.. is NOT that great of a passer, and likely has a short shelf life due to the running nature...

You're establishing yourself as one of the biggest homers on this forum. I would NOT want a QB that relies almost 100% on the run (unless he's playing Crapami) and takes some big hits while doing it.

I'm a homer because I'm not predicting his career is over in two years?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't that bad. After coming back from 17-0 the Patriots tightened it up and made it a close game for two quarters. Clearly Baltimore was the better team tonight.

I guess the 85 Bears have nothing to worry about. :rolleyes2:

I would love to see a team use a 46 defense as its base defense, but it's pretty much impossible to do that now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a homer because I'm not predicting his career is over in two years?

GENERALLY history has shown that running QBs (or QBs constantly taking hits) have a short career in the NFL. Hey, if Lamar beats the odds and runs for 1,000 yards every season for the next 10 years, AWESOME! We'll get to witness a completely different style of football which I welcome 100%. Cam Newton effectively did that (and also was a very mediocre passer) but he was also 40 lbs heavier and 4" taller. AND Cam is NOT the runner Jackson is. Jackson is VERY elusive and IMO much quicker/faster on the field.

You act like me saying Lamar Jackson will be effectively out of the league in a few years is some WILD statement... when if you're a true football fan you'd agree and say, "History shows he may be because of the hits/running game he displays, but hopefully it works out and he has a long career." Hence the 'homer' remark, because you seem to not even admit to the notion that Lamar has a HIGH chance of busting given his playstyle BASED ON HISTORICAL EVIDENCE. If he runs for 15,000 yards and passes for 50,000 yards over the next 15 years, great... but that's an EXTREMELY slim chance of happening.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stop it. Give Lamar a chance. He's actually passing the ball just fine this season. You're putting all running QB's in a box and concluding they can't succeed because they'll eventually get hurt. You mentioned RG III and that he got hurt, but was it really because he was a running QB or because the Redskins' have a really terrible field? If I am remembering correctly, that crappy field had a lot to do with it. I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if you mentioned other QB's.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. Give Lamar a chance. He's actually passing the ball just fine this season. You're putting all running QB's in a box and concluding they can't succeed because they'll eventually get hurt. You mentioned RG III and that he got hurt, but was it really because he was a running QB or because the Redskins' have a really terrible field? If I am remembering correctly, that crappy field had a lot to do with it. I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if you mentioned other QB's.

I think it's fair to say that over time he'll start running less. It's just a question of survival.

This is not knocking his talent btw.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how the 46 D didn't last that long.. Either you needed a certain personnel or coaches figured out how to attack it...

Yeah, having just one safety is crazy.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GENERALLY history has shown that running QBs (or QBs constantly taking hits) have a short career in the NFL. Hey, if Lamar beats the odds and runs for 1,000 yards every season for the next 10 years, AWESOME! We'll get to witness a completely different style of football which I welcome 100%. Cam Newton effectively did that (and also was a very mediocre passer) but he was also 40 lbs heavier and 4" taller. AND Cam is NOT the runner Jackson is. Jackson is VERY elusive and IMO much quicker/faster on the field.

You act like me saying Lamar Jackson will be effectively out of the league in a few years is some WILD statement... when if you're a true football fan you'd agree and say, "History shows he may be because of the hits/running game he displays, but hopefully it works out and he has a long career." Hence the 'homer' remark, because you seem to not even admit to the notion that Lamar has a HIGH chance of busting given his playstyle BASED ON HISTORICAL EVIDENCE. If he runs for 15,000 yards and passes for 50,000 yards over the next 15 years, great... but that's an EXTREMELY slim chance of happening.

You are using a hypothetical career-ending injury (some time in the next couple of years) to back up this statement:

"PATS WIN IN A LAND SLIDE. Lamar Fraud is the most overrated QB of all time."

Everything about this is ridiculous.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to say that over time he'll start running less. It's just a question of survival.

This is not knocking his talent btw.

Agreed. If he's still a starting QB five years from now, he probably won't be running the ball 15 or so times per game. It's really fun to watch right now, though, as long as he isn't playing my team. The Niners on the road against the Ravens is probably going to be a really tough game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are using a hypothetical career-ending injury (some time in the next couple of years) to back up this statement:

"PATS WIN IN A LAND SLIDE. Lamar Fraud is the most overrated QB of all time."

Everything about this is ridiculous.

Because history shows that it in all likelihood will happen, and Lamar Jackson has not proven he can be a successful passer at this point in his career due to lackluster mechanics/progression patterns. YET, a ton of analysts and experts are treating him like he's one of the most successful up and coming QBs in the league.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If he's still a starting QB five years from now, he probably won't be running the ball 15 or so times per game. It's really fun to watch right now, though, as long as he isn't playing my team. The Niners on the road against the Ravens is probably going to be a really tough game.

The play where there were about 3 Patriots defenders surrounding him and in position to tackle him for a loss only to see him shoot away for something like an 8 yard was pretty impressive.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because history shows that it in all likelihood will happen, and Lamar Jackson has not proven he can be a successful passer at this point in his career due to lackluster mechanics/progression patterns. YET, a ton of analysts and experts are treating him like he's one of the most successful up and coming QBs in the league.

Good lord. People are still talking about Russell Wilson. He's having an MVP caliber year. There's no reason to be jealous.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play where there were about 3 Patriots defenders surrounding him and in position to tackle him for a loss only to see him shoot away for something like an 8 yard was pretty impressive.

The change of direction is amazing. It's reminiscent of someone like Gale Sayers, or in more recent times, Barry Sanders. How frustrating it must be for defenders. It looks very hard to just get a hand on him let alone tackle him.