• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers now on the clock

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an extremely risky pick for all that they gave up and dropping 8 spots. You make that kind of trade, it better not be for a higher risk QB. See 49ers trade for Lance
Very risky, but the Panthers are not too keen on drafting properly on the offensive side of the ball lol. Chuba Hubbard is the best offensive guy they've drafted since DJ in 2018. They've drafted 2 QBs in the last 4 years, Matt Corral this year and Will Grier in 2019. None of them panned out nor will they. Is Richardson the guy? Probably not, but they need a QB and Richardson is a better fit than Young, IMO.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking at the draft value numbers, that feels a little light, given they are passing on Will Anderson... wonder if they really like Carter and think his recent arrest will have him available at #9?

EDIT: I guess that is probably on par with the trade the Titans made in 2016 (probably a little better)... and Carolina's pick next year is likely to be pretty high.

Here is another thing to consider Den.....

WE GET TO KEEP #5....

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago’s defense was ranked 32nd in PPG and 27th in yards per game.

Calling them good was maybe an exaggeration on my part, but I think they have some pieces there. They now have the draft capital to address both defensive and offensive lines, and I think they could be quite good on defense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that Carolina really needs and wants the best QB on the board and my guess would be either Stroud or Young but giving up one of your best pieces on offense plus all those picks seems a little desperate. Chicago made out well here. They can kickstart their rebuild and Moore will really help Fields' growth as a passer.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what Claypool got, he is worth way more than 58
3 straight 1,200 yard seasons with shit QB play and will be only 26 years old. A late 1st I would say is his worth, that seems fair...if Claypool was a 2nd
No-one is suggesting Claypool is a better player than Moore. However, a player's trade value isn't determined solely by the quality of their play. Claypool was traded with a $673K salary as part of a $3.665M/2 year deal, (with none of it guaranteed). He is due $3M in 2023. Moore is due $20M in 2023 as part of the $52M/3 years remaining on the Panthers deal. If the Bears had traded for that remaining contract what pick would they have given up? I'm not saying this isn't a good deal for the Bears.

For context the Cowboys traded Amari Cooper to the Browns for a 5th and 6th round pick.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be laugabale. I'm glad this just rumors. CJ Shroud or they're wasting time.
I’m with you. I think Stroud is the guy I take at 1 because I think he has the greatest percentage chance of success. I would actually think long and hard about Richardson over Young. Young isn’t exactly a safe pick because of his size. Richardson may have the highest upside among all of them. Richardson also has the highest potential to be a bust though.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with you. I think Stroud is the guy I take at 1 because I think he has the greatest percentage chance of success. I would actually think long and hard about Richardson over Young. Young isn’t exactly a safe pick because of his size. Richardson may have the highest upside among all of them. Richardson also has the highest potential to be a bust though.

I'll be shocked if Rchardson wasn't converted to a WR or another skill position. He just can't complete a pass.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if Rchardson wasn't converted to a WR or another skill position. He just can't complete a pass.
I was wondering the same thing which would definitely take him out of consideration for a high pick if GMs are thinking that. He's a physical freak but no way is he ready to be a QB in the NFL. And if converted to something else, does he even have what it takes to learn route running, etc. Or does some team try to make him into a Taysom Hill gimmick?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only read the first few replies but I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this was a good trade for Carolina. Moore at $20M this year on a team that will stink holds little value. The #1 pick in the draft is a huge asset. I guess the Bears thinking is that the first and second rounders next year will be pretty high because how much better will Car actually be and they are likely right. I still think the Bears should have traded Fields instead. Amazing runner...but...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is DJ Moore's value? If he's worth the #58 pick it's a dead even trade. The Panthers are trading up for a QB. The question is which QB?
I'd say a 3rd. Remember salary is a huge part of trade value

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only read the first few replies but I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this was a good trade for Carolina. Moore at $20M this year on a team that will stink holds little value. The #1 pick in the draft is a huge asset. I guess the Bears thinking is that the first and second rounders next year will be pretty high because how much better will Car actually be and they are likely right. I still think the Bears should have traded Fields instead. Amazing runner...but...
I'm not sure Fields should have been traded because Chicago's roster stinks at the moment but I actually do like the trade for Carolina. No point in building an average team. They needed a big play at QB

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Fields should have been traded because Chicago's roster stinks at the moment but I actually do like the trade for Carolina. No point in building an average team. They needed a big play at QB
My point on Fields was more based on taking a QB at #1. If they would have instead gone with a pass rusher then keeping him would make sense. I always look at it and think you only have so many chances to grab an elite QB and having an elite QB is worth almost anything in the NFL. If they don't see one of those in this year's draft then that changes things