• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pan am games thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN seems to be a bit generous in referring to him as a "rap legend."
Kanye's produced more hip hop hits than anybody around. He's the reason Jay-Z became a legend. He can't rap for shit but still made better rap music than 99% of the other rappers in the game. His first two albums are considered two of the best released this century. It's not a stretch to say he single-handedly changed rap from the gangster era into a mainstream format that you didn't hate yourself for listening to.

You don't have to like his persona but you can't ignore his work. Kanye's a legend.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kanye's produced more hip hop hits than anybody around. He's the reason Jay-Z became a legend. He can't rap for shit but still made better rap music than 99% of the other rappers in the game. His first two albums are considered two of the best released this century. It's not a stretch to say he single-handedly changed rap from the gangster era into a mainstream format that you didn't hate yourself for listening to.

You don't have to like his persona but you can't ignore his work. Kanye's a legend.

agreed

Ive tuned him out since he got bougie and big headed though ... what happened to the hard working Kanye who pushed Miracle whips, and made beds that he bought from Ikea ... all by himself!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed

Ive tuned him out since he got bougie and big headed though ... what happened to the hard working Kanye who pushed Miracle whips, and made beds that he bought from Ikea ... all by himself!!!
Lmao

Agree with you, he's trying to hard to be weird these days but his early stuff was undeniable.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess we can agree to disagree, but I'll never look at him as a legend. At least not without a couple more top-rate albums, which appears pretty unlikely based on his recent material.

Sure he can produce well, but I regard producing as a completely separate activity. I guess I would compare it more to being a good coach but a shitty player. You might have an ear for what sounds good but don't know how to make it yourself.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People really need to find new fucking causes to take up. How pathetic must your life be to take the time to "protest" this?
Haha, we probably spent more time reading and responding to the article than any of the protesters - other than the guy who wrote the petition in the first place.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, we probably spent more time reading and responding to the article than any of the protesters - other than the guy who wrote the petition in the first place.
Yeah but the ppl who are signing it are all over the internet bitching about it.

We had a similar situation a few weeks ago regarding a free concert by Action Bronson. Something about a few misogynistic lyrics he had spewed 5 years ago before he was famous in a freestyle on a track that was as obscure as a Maple Leafs Stanley Cup parade. This despite the fact Bronson is a half-Jewish, half-Muslim rapper who mostly raps about food and figure skating.

I just miss when people here had some fucking stones. The whining has become insufferable (and yes I do realize I'm whining about the whiners lol).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Imagine Dragons (Las Vegas based group) can headline the Grey Cup game (about as Canadian as you can get), then Kanye can perform at the Pan-American games.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the ppl who are signing it are all over the internet bitching about it.

I find it all comical ... my wife pointed out that Brett Wilson (ex Dragons Den, Preds minority owner) tweeted all day about it yesterday

what fuckin dog does he have in this "fight"? Does he want do see him some Gordon Lightfoot???

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it all comical ... my wife pointed out that Brett Wilson (ex Dragons Den, Preds minority owner) tweeted all day about it yesterday

what fuckin dog does he have in this "fight"? Does he want do see him some Gordon Lightfoot???
Guess he could've gotten his employee's wife Carrie to perform. She's married to a Canadian so it counts?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, let's get former Canadian (and now American) Alex Trebek to perform...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every sporting games event like this should end with a drunken Billy Joel singing "We Didn't Start The Fire" inserting athletes that competed names into the song.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that it was legal to kick the ball while playing volleyball. I wonder if you can use your head as well.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea that it was legal to kick the ball while playing volleyball. I wonder if you can use your head as well.

I never knew you could kick in volleyball either. At least in the rules I learned years ago, heading is legal.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "brawl" at the end of the softball gold medal game featured "softball guy" at his best

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew you could kick in volleyball either. At least in the rules I learned years ago, heading is legal.

I always knew it was legal, but you'll rarely see a good player do it, because you should be positioned well enough to be ready to bump. In my experience, if you could kick it, you could dive and bump it, but with more control.

Only exceptions were when you got caught going the wrong way on a deflection. Even in this video, if the boards weren't there, I bet the player would have bumped it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild finish in the Gold Medal game. Canada wins 7-6 in the bottom of the 10 thanks to some errors.

I didn't see the game but saw the last 2 at-bats. Pretty sloppy baseball by both teams. Canada got away with some really bad base running decisions in that inning on the hit that drove home the 5th run. Although he succeeded, the runner never should have tried to score from 2nd on that play. They needed 2 runs, not 1, and it was a close play. Yes, him scoring is still better than him stopping at 3rd, but not by enough to risk a close play in that situation in my opinion. Either way the tying run was still at 2nd and winning run still at 3rd. Also given that there was a play at home, the tying run should have moved to 3rd on the play. That could have justified being aggressive with the previously mentioned runner that doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild finish in the Gold Medal game. Canada wins 7-6 in the bottom of the 10 thanks to some errors.

I didn't see the game but saw the last 2 at-bats. Pretty sloppy baseball by both teams. Canada got away with some really bad base running decisions in that inning on the hit that drove home the 5th run. Although he succeeded, the runner never should have tried to score from 2nd on that play. They needed 2 runs, not 1, and it was a close play. Yes, him scoring is still better than him stopping at 3rd, but not by enough to risk a close play in that situation in my opinion. Either way the tying run was still at 2nd and winning run still at 3rd. Also given that there was a play at home, the tying run should have moved to 3rd on the play. That could have justified being aggressive with the previously mentioned runner that doesn't really matter.

All we are missing is the Benny Hill theme (Yakity Sax):

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada 83 USA 71

/Women's basketball gold medal final