• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pack at Lions #sweep #roarto4 #Praterdrunkagain

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was great. The facemask was a facemask, it was right in front of my seat. The ending sucked.

Watch the replay. It looked like a facemask, but by the letter of the rule it was not. Just grazed the mask and then grabbed and twisted the shoulder.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the replay. It looked like a facemask, but by the letter of the rule it was not. Just grazed the mask and then grabbed and twisted the shoulder.

Rogers deserves an Oscar for that acting job. Beyond tired of this entitled pussy begging for flags every time he can't complete a pass.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question is what what was fat ass NGata doing in on that play? He was just standing there. Why was Ziggy not in? Why weren't Fuller and CJ back in the end zone?

Thought the same thing. Dude straight up quit on the last play of the game, stood there and watched Rogers casually bomb it. He's literally the Anti-Suh.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor, for his part, knew that he had touched Rodgers’ facemask, but hadn’t yanked on it. He grabbed at the shoulder pads, a legal move.

Coach Jim Caldwell agreed: “Didn’t think it was,” Caldwell said. “But because you don’t think it was or I don’t think it was, it was called so therefore it is. And we just got to find a way to make a play.”

I don’t know why the refs called what they did. Growing up, I was always told by gravelly voiced NFL announcers that the refs put their whistles away in the final minutes of a game.

That didn’t happen here. I don’t know if the officials were hyped up and feeling the adrenaline of the final play, or saw a finger touch a facemask and instinctively went for the flags. I don’t know if it was a bad angle, or what. But Lions fans have every right to be furious.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule comes with an important caveat: “If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.”

Lions defender Devin Taylor grazed the facemask of Aaron Rodgers, at best. If there was any grasping (and there wasn’t), Taylor immediately released the facemask.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. If the thumb pulled the face in a different direction not matter how little, it is a face mask call.
But that is not the first time a lion and a cowboy fan disagree on a call.

I was rooting for the lions to win but now I have to work with a bunch of fans, including my boss, who will just be cantankerous for a few days. No fun for me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could give a shit less about the face mask.

You were up 20-0.

You scored a field goal in the second half. That's it.

When the game was in the balance you gave the ball to Bell. Fuck this coaching staff. That's not trying to win. That's going thru the motions hoping you don't lose.

Complete purge in the offseason is coming. Even Austin. That fucker defended the sidelines on an untimed play with a three man rush. And didn't bother to have a man on the TE that already had 100 yards against you.

Go all the way Martha!

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell didn't think they would throw to the endzone. Guess what, I would have been shocked if they didn't. He clearly hasn't a good grasp of the game. The underneath route is really only done when a QB can't throw it to the endzone, in this case 60 yards. That would have been a very low percentage.

Megatron should have been out there. I don't get to watch many of the Lions games but it is clear from some of their losses that this guy will never lead them to the promised land. That conservative bs in the 2nd half also lead to the loss. Coaching, coaching, coaching.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 carries for 5 yards.

That's who you go with in the clutch for a win and a chance to still have a season.

Senseless.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bear fam, I am truly amazed at the number of game changing calls the Lions have had over the course of the last 5-6 years. Amazed. :scratch::gaah::noidea:

In full speed it was a face mask call the ref has to make, in slow motion.... eh gads, what a way to lose a game.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor, for his part, knew that he had touched Rodgers’ facemask, but hadn’t yanked on it. He grabbed at the shoulder pads, a legal move.

Coach Jim Caldwell agreed: “Didn’t think it was,” Caldwell said. “But because you don’t think it was or I don’t think it was, it was called so therefore it is. And we just got to find a way to make a play.”

I don’t know why the refs called what they did. Growing up, I was always told by gravelly voiced NFL announcers that the refs put their whistles away in the final minutes of a game.

That didn’t happen here. I don’t know if the officials were hyped up and feeling the adrenaline of the final play, or saw a finger touch a facemask and instinctively went for the flags. I don’t know if it was a bad angle, or what. But Lions fans have every right to be furious.

They sure did swallow their whistle on the last play in the endzone. Did you see all that pushing and shoving going on with the ball in the air? That's exactly what you expect on the last play of a game, those gravely voiced old announcers were right. I guess it just didn't apply when it was in the Lions favor.

And I don't get why everyone thinks Calvin should have been on the field? Just because everyone knew a Hail Mary was coming doesn't automatically mean you want the best jump ball guy in the history of the entire NFL out there. And we obviously needed Ngata out there in case they tried to outsmart us by running a power full back dive up the middle. Jim Caldwell will not be outsmarted. He even had a guy standing at the 50 yard line with no packers player within 40 yards in any direction. We will not be outsmarted, those guys were ready for anything there. Except a hail mary...

Probably would have taken the wind if the game went to overtime too.

Get it? Because we play in a dome. :pound:

Oh man, I'm hilarious.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They sure did swallow their whistle on the last play in the endzone. Did you see all that pushing and shoving going on with the ball in the air? That's exactly what you expect on the last play of a game,

I'm in agreement here with all the end-zone drama. You let it play out. Hell the refs would have had throw every flag possible there.

What I don't get is that when A-Rodgers threw that final pass the TE Rodgers was free all by himself at the 7 yard line with no defender in sight and pretty much backed into the end-zone and positioned himself accordingly to highpoint that catch.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That conservative bs in the 2nd half also lead to the loss. Coaching, coaching, coaching.

Stafford did have CJ streaking down the left sideline with 3 steps on his defender when we got to see a submarine baseball pitch thrown by an NFL QB. Plus, twice in the second half Stafford had CJ on the right sideline on deep outs where he overthrew him (CJ had a step or two on his defender there too). OR Stafford overthrowing CJ at back of end zone near uprights but Stafford was trying to help a kid out in the 10th row with a souvenir.

There's lots of plays that this offense had a right play called that didn't work out but we know by 2021 Stafford will be getting close to having all these issues worked out for the positive.