• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our president has been given official approval to join the Big East

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSU can wait for 'a real conference' just as easily from the BE as it can from the MWaC.

Actually MORE comfortably since we're looking at 3-5 times as much money in tv and better bowls.

it really is a no brainer.

There is also the news that there will be at least TWO other members from west of texas

BYU
SDSU
UNR
Fresno..........

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why it would have an AQ. That is a terrible football conference. BSU would be best to sit by, win another bowl, and wait for a real conference.

right now the Big East will likely keep an AQ until 2015 or so, with that money for those years we can build our stadium and facilities up enough for the Big 12 to come calling.

this is a much better chance for an autobid then the MWC/CUSA merger thing because SMU, Houston, Boise State, UCF and Air Force are arguably the 5 best programs from that group, then you have Cincinnati, Louisville, Rutgers, UConn and USF who are much better than the 15 or so other schools in the MWC/CUSA group.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Big East keeps an AQ with that list of teams, it's a travesty. USC vs BYU isn't a bowl game anybody wants to see. Those teams, with the exception of BSU recently, don't belong in the BCS bowl games. None of them.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSU can wait for 'a real conference' just as easily from the BE as it can from the MWaC.

Actually MORE comfortably since we're looking at 3-5 times as much money in tv and better bowls.

it really is a no brainer.

There is also the news that there will be at least TWO other members from west of texas

BYU
SDSU
UNR
Fresno..........

SDSU and Fresno State are too far to be considered.

Nevada is a good option but I haven't heard anything from them, I would prefer Nevada over Temple or Memphis, even though Memphis brings a better market.

BYU is a name that's gaining steam, it would be a major grab if the Big East got them.

if BYU joins it will be the same strategy as us, use the Big East money to build up and then look for the Big 12 to come calling in a few years, at that point we would be rivals and likely would join together.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Big East keeps an AQ with that list of teams, it's a travesty. USC vs BYU isn't a bowl game anybody wants to see. Those teams, with the exception of BSU recently, don't belong in the BCS bowl games. None of them.

if we're winning the conference that wouldn't matter would it?

if we don't then one of the other teams stepped up.

patience, sir

the Big East will soon be gone once the better conferences take the built up versions of us.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU and Fresno State are too far to be considered.

Nevada is a good option but I haven't heard anything from them, I would prefer Nevada over Temple or Memphis, even though Memphis brings a better market.

BYU is a name that's gaining steam, it would be a major grab if the Big East got them.

if BYU joins it will be the same strategy as us, use the Big East money to build up and then look for the Big 12 to come calling in a few years, at that point we would be rivals and likely would join together.

Not when you divide it into east-west it isn't. They have come all the way to Boise.

I have heard BYU and it's possible. It isn't the BE pushing the west expansion as much as Kustra. As a req for us moving. In which case SDSU/Fresno/NEvada can be in the mix.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want crappy teams getting auto-BCS bids just because a bunch of crappy teams got together in a conference that has one. That's a slap in the face of the teams that have to beat good teams to get their bids.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want crappy teams getting auto-BCS bids just because a bunch of crappy teams got together in a conference that has one. That's a slap in the face of the teams that have to beat good teams to get their bids.

Been going on for years with the BE and ACC why is it only now you get upset? Plenty of crappy teams have already gotten bids.

It's BEEN a slap in the face to unbeaten BSU to get left out over BE and some ACC teams.

What's more this skims off the best non AQ's which will make it next to impossible for a middie to get a BCS bid.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a BSU fan, and love seeing them do well, but if you play in a weak conference, how can you say you're as good as the big boys. The BE is just another weak conference with a different name.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a BSU fan, and love seeing them do well, but if you play in a weak conference, how can you say you're as good as the big boys. The BE is just another weak conference with a different name.

It isn't as weak as the MWaC.

It means more money.

What kind of lunatic would pass up a move that means more money which can be used to upgrade the facilities and expand the stadium WHICH IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THE REAL CONFERENCES DO NOT WANT US?

Is the BE where we ultimately WANT to be hell no!

It WILL help us get there a lot faster than the MWaC however.

No fucking brainer here.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, no, I agree it makes sense of BSU, no doubt. My point is that the BE is now on par with the WAC. It shouldn't retain an AQ for the BCS.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

*weaker

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the MWC performance this year in OOC it's actually below the WAC

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, as I said, it's a move up for the BSU, as far as that goes, but a tremendous step down for the BE, and just doesn't merit an AQ.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as I said, it's a move up for the BSU, as far as that goes, but a tremendous step down for the BE, and just doesn't merit an AQ.

I do not agree it's a tremendous step down for the BE.

It's always been the weakest of the 6, adding BSU pulls it up and the rest are nearly lateral moves. Heck Houston has better rankings than some of the programs leaving.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, to be honest, I didn't think it deserved an AQ before WVU, Syracuse, and the others left. It still doesn't.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when you divide it into east-west it isn't. They have come all the way to Boise.

I have heard BYU and it's possible. It isn't the BE pushing the west expansion as much as Kustra. As a req for us moving. In which case SDSU/Fresno/NEvada can be in the mix.

I see, right now I want, BYU, Nevada, SDSU, Fresno State in that order.

Been going on for years with the BE and ACC why is it only now you get upset? Plenty of crappy teams have already gotten bids.

It's BEEN a slap in the face to unbeaten BSU to get left out over BE and some ACC teams.

What's more this skims off the best non AQ's which will make it next to impossible for a middie to get a BCS bid.

pretty much, almost every good non-AQ will be in an AQ conference with this move

Big East is stronger than the MWC at least with adding these teams, right now it's the best move we have, from here we can use the money to build our stadium and facilities then join a real conference like the Big 12.

It isn't as weak as the MWaC.

It means more money.

What kind of lunatic would pass up a move that means more money which can be used to upgrade the facilities and expand the stadium WHICH IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS THE REAL CONFERENCES DO NOT WANT US?

Is the BE where we ultimately WANT to be hell no!

It WILL help us get there a lot faster than the MWaC however.

No fucking brainer here.

agreed

Oh, no, I agree it makes sense of BSU, no doubt. My point is that the BE is now on par with the WAC. It shouldn't retain an AQ for the BCS.

the Wac has San Jose State, Utah State, New Mexico State, Texas San Antonio(who's playing football for the first time ever this year), Texas State and some other FCS schools

every conference is much better than the WAC

Given the MWC performance this year in OOC it's actually below the WAC

no where near, the 3 best teams in the Wac will be MWC teams next year, MWC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wac, that being said the Big East/west? is an upgrade over the MWC

Syracuse hasn't been good since the earlier 90s, Pitt won the conference a few years and got some undeserving bids to BCS bowls. Fact is West Virginia is really the only team leaving that meant anything, and Boise State has accomplished equal or greater than what West Virginia has done, the new teams will be upgrades in comparison to Syracuse, and somewhat Pitt.

I do not agree it's a tremendous step down for the BE.

It's always been the weakest of the 6, adding BSU pulls it up and the rest are nearly lateral moves. Heck Houston has better rankings than some of the programs leaving.

true

Well, to be honest, I didn't think it deserved an AQ before WVU, Syracuse, and the others left. It still doesn't.

it might not, but we'll take it for now, then when we leave the Big East finally dies.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you guys in the Big East now? Haven't heard much about this since the PSU scandal hit earlier this week.