• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked a used copy of Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding a few weeks ago and recently started it. It's really really weird so I am not sure if I'll get completely sucked in, but it looks and sounds great.

Plus it has Lyndsay Wagner in it!
I finished this and did like it, mostly. Its beautiful and has a good story - though its for weirder and far more convoluted than it needs to be. It also seem like two games combined into one. The bulk is connecting cities by making deliveries, building roads, and setting up networks to connect people. That sounds odd to me, but I really liked it. Then the last 3rd is all monster boss battles. I don't think that worked as well.

Also, Hideo makes great games but I wonder if he ever actually played a video game. If so, he should know that after a 40 hour game users dont want to sit through 2 hours of cut scenes at the end. And watch the unskippable credits twice!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finished this and did like it, mostly. Its beautiful and has a good story - though its for weirder and far more convoluted than it needs to be. It also seem like two games combined into one. The bulk is connecting cities by making deliveries, building roads, and setting up networks to connect people. That sounds odd to me, but I really liked it. Then the last 3rd is all monster boss battles. I don't think that worked as well.

Also, Hideo makes great games but I wonder if he ever actually played a video game. If so, he should know that after a 40 hour game users dont want to sit through 2 hours of cut scenes at the end. And watch the unskippable credits twice!
im just finishing my second run through of dead island 2. they are releasing an expansion in a month. so I think I will go into Star Wars or Dead Space this weekend.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just finishing my second run through of dead island 2. they are releasing an expansion in a month. so I think I will go into Star Wars or Dead Space this weekend.
Debating my next game. I have Dead Island 2 but barely started. Not sure I will dive fully into that yet since Spiderman is coming out next week.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debating my next game. I have Dead Island 2 but barely started. Not sure I will dive fully into that yet since Spiderman is coming out next week.
I think I am going Dead Space for the halloween season.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am going Dead Space for the halloween season.
Its supposed to be great. The Callisto Protocol is one of the free Playstation games of the month, thats supposed to be similar to Dead Space (but not as good). Maybe I'll play that for a week or so.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its supposed to be great. The Callisto Protocol is one of the free Playstation games of the month, thats supposed to be similar to Dead Space (but not as good). Maybe I'll play that for a week or so.
i played it when it came out on the xbox 360 and it was amazing. its remastered now so Im exctied to play it again

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i played it when it came out on the xbox 360 and it was amazing. its remastered now so Im exctied to play it again
Me too, I played it when it first came out. Really creepy and well done.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, I played it when it first came out. Really creepy and well done.
did you play the second one? it was just as good and you got to operate on your own eye.

that make me squirm.

the 3rd one was really average

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you play the second one? it was just as good and you got to operate on your own eye.

that make me squirm.

the 3rd one was really average
I played all of them. Liked them all.

I was laughing a few weeks ago when I met my wife's coworker. My wife works with a 24 year old woman who was very impressed when she first found out I had a PS5. She'd ask my wife what I was playing every few weeks. She finally got one and her first game was the Dead Space remaster. When I met her thats pretty much all she talked about. I gave her the first Jedi game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played all of them. Liked them all.

I was laughing a few weeks ago when I met my wife's coworker. My wife works with a 24 year old woman who was very impressed when she first found out I had a PS5. She'd ask my wife what I was playing every few weeks. She finally got one and her first game was the Dead Space remaster. When I met her thats pretty much all she talked about. I gave her the first Jedi game.
one of my international students is playing my old xbox one. she put in skyrim and was blown away by it. then I started giving her tips and she stared at me and asked how I knew so much about video games lol

told her.... the reason why you have the consoles you have today is because of geeks like me.... going back to the original atari... intellivsion, coleco vision, nitendo, Sega Genesis, N65, and so on......

plus I have been playing SKyrim for 10 years.... she was shocked that the game was that old and still holds up

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot how many jump scares dead space has

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spider-man 2 is incredible. Looks great, just moving around is fun. And the story is really good.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spider-man 2 is incredible. Looks great, just moving around is fun. And the story is really good.
My only regret of getting a Xbox x

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a huge fight scene with Miles and The Black Cat vs a bunch of bad guys that's fantastic. She has a tool that can open portals so when you are in trouble she can portal behind a bad guy and get him, or open one for you to escape.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
early black friday deal just got me Halo Infinite for $19 regular $80.