• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: TREND ALERT!!!!!!!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats cool he got TC to fly him up there.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DO%2BNOT%2BJUMP%2BIN%2BFRONT%2BOF%2BA%2BSEMI%2BTRUCK.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am coming up to speed on this ice bucket thing.

So, in order to raise awareness for ALS (Not the Pr0n site, the syndrome)(you're going to google it, aren't you) you are expected to dump a bucket of cold water on your head (helicopter optional). Then you challenge others to do the same and if they do not respond in kind, they should donate $100 to the foundation combating the disease.

So it seems to me that people would be more heroic if they avoided filming and then posting their pictures and videos online and just donated the money.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it seems to me that people would be more heroic if they avoided filming and then posting their pictures and videos online and just donated the money.

I don't see what's so wrong with it?

It's a great and fun way to get people aware of something while trying to raise money. They are not going out of their way to rub your face in it, and they don't show you pics of abused animals with sad music in the background.

Just look at Jerry Lewis and all his telethons, people who do races and events, movember, golf outings, and shaving their heads to raise money. It's all the same, and it doesn't mean people are just doing it for the attention.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what's so wrong with it?

It's a great and fun way to get people aware of something while trying to raise money. They are not going out of their way to rub your face in it, and they don't show you pics of abused animals with sad music in the background.

Just look at Jerry Lewis and all his telethons, people who do races and events, movember, golf outings, and shaving their heads to raise money. It's all the same, and it doesn't mean people are just doing it for the attention.

theres nothing wrong with it imo

but what Biznasty did I have a problem with ... all that money to fuel and fly a helicopter and to get to the location they filmed at :L all that should have just been a cheque to ALS

not for Biznasty to have his look at me moment

bucket ... water ... done! thats all

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a bunch of people are bugged by the not automatically donating thing, but donations this week last year were under $2M and this week in this year is over $7M. It worked.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres nothing wrong with it imo

but what Biznasty did I have a problem with ... all that money to fuel and fly a helicopter and to get to the location they filmed at :L all that should have just been a cheque to ALS

not for Biznasty to have his look at me moment

bucket ... water ... done! thats all

I wonder how many retweets he's get if he did just simply go to the charity headquarters and hand over that cheque, taking a picture of course.

To me it feels like "Look at me literally avoiding helping a charity!" Perhaps more people are donating too, and that's good. But to me, it smacks of this:

funny-pictures-facebook-likes-help-fight-hunger.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biz is making a good case for what he did ... Cost $175in fuel for thechopper to get to widgeon lake 30 mins outside vancouver

And yes ... He did "go big" to get attention for the charity and thats increasedawareness

But hes still an attention whore imo

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't blame celebs and athletes, you should blame people in gereral.

If it wasn't for the hero worship people have for them, then there wouldn't be the need to use them to raise awarness and get money for various things. People see a celeb or athlete doing something, and suddenly it becomes the cool thing to do. People are sheep who don't help or think for themselves until something or someone popular makes it cool to do so.

Why do you think athletes and celebs get so much work in commercials, and doing voice overs for various products? Why do they get paid big money to wear certain things, or use certain products?

If they want to do some sort of stunt and make it public to raise money to help sick people, I say go for it. They aren't being paid to do the ice bucket challenge, and they are helping to raise a ton of money for research.

Win-Win in my book.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Shocker Challenge"?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You shouldn't blame celebs and athletes, you should blame people in gereral.

If it wasn't for the hero worship people have for them, then there wouldn't be the need to use them to raise awarness and get money for various things. People see a celeb or athlete doing something, and suddenly it becomes the cool thing to do. People are sheep who don't help or think for themselves until something or someone popular makes it cool to do so.

Why do you think athletes and celebs get so much work in commercials, and doing voice overs for various products? Why do they get paid big money to wear certain things, or use certain products?

If they want to do some sort of stunt and make it public to raise money to help sick people, I say go for it. They aren't being paid to do the ice bucket challenge, and they are helping to raise a ton of money for research.

Win-Win in my book.

So wait... are you saying I should do it or no? I need some direction here.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a bunch of people are bugged by the not automatically donating thing, but donations this week last year were under $2M and this week in this year is over $7M. It worked.

That's good enough for me. Its a terrible disease so anything that raises awareness and money is fine with me.