• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Professional Sports

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add my Grandson to the family list of pro sports players.

He is set to graduate from Wales where he has been playing rugby.
He has just accepted an offer to play rugby for a professional team in Australia!
Very Very Cool

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may very well be the most thought provoking response we've had on this board in a while.
It translates into
"I whole heartedly agree and I couldn't have said any more succinctly than how you just did. Kudo's to you, you have won Wordsmith of the Day honors".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add my Grandson to the family list of pro sports players.

He is set to graduate from Wales where he has been playing rugby.
He has just accepted an offer to play rugby for a professional team in Australia!
Congrats to him and to his grand dad. That's smashing!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a snippet this morning on NFLTradeRumors

The NY Jets have been in on a huge number of trades and signings. Strangely, they've been coming in second, third or fourth on every one of them. It's driving the NY media and the NYJ fans crazy. The biggest and most asked question is "why?"

The easiest answer is that no one is 100% sold on Zach Wilson. But not the best answer.

When players are asked why they didn't pick the Jets, the most common answer was "I'd rather play in....." For more than fifty years, New York was the place to play. It didn't matter which professional sport, NY offered the most exposure and money. Since the century changed, players would much rather play in Florida, Texas, Tennessee than NY. Taxes, traffic, cost of living and the weather combine to make professional step back. California is beginning to feel the same rejection. The biggest tying that California doesn't have is miserable winters and chilly falls and springs. Problem for the pro teams are the taxes and violence in NYC, LA and Chicago.

It's food for thought. Have politics and politicians begun to affect where professional athletes will go to play? Are the big market teams about to suffer a personnel rejection because of location? Are the Big Apple and LA losing their shine?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NY Jets have been in on a huge number of trades and signings. Strangely, they've been coming in second, third or fourth on every one of them. It's driving the NY media and the NYJ fans crazy. The biggest and most asked question is "why?"

The easiest answer is that no one is 100% sold on Zach Wilson. But not the best answer.

When players are asked why they didn't pick the Jets, the most common answer was "I'd rather play in....." For more than fifty years, New York was the place to play. It didn't matter which professional sport, NY offered the most exposure and money. Since the century changed, players would much rather play in Florida, Texas, Tennessee than NY. Taxes, traffic, cost of living and the weather combine to make professional step back. California is beginning to feel the same rejection. The biggest tying that California doesn't have is miserable winters and chilly falls and springs. Problem for the pro teams are the taxes and violence in NYC, LA and Chicago.

It's food for thought. Have politics and politicians begun to affect where professional athletes will go to play? Are the big market teams about to suffer a personnel rejection because of location? Are the Big Apple and LA losing their shine?
It's been a long time coming!.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely. I grew up in Califiornia and began to travel the country at 17.
California was the place to be! It was beautiful and the weather was perfect.
The economy there was way ahead of the rest of the world and everybody had a job that could afford them a decent life.

Your are rich and famous. Where do you want to live? Want to step over the homeless sleeping in front of your door?
Want to have your riches stolen from you?
Want to get shot in traffic?

The bright lights of New York, LA and most of the big cities still are attractive to young kids..
But after you have made $millions do you still want to live in the burbs?

One issue you forgot is to live in NY, the per capita number of reporters waiting to catch you doing something is far worse than the police!

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... the Dodgers...Yankees....Lakers....disagree with players not wanting to go there.

Jets....Knicks..... have been losers for so long of course noone wants to go there..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... the Dodgers...Yankees....Lakers....disagree with players not wanting to go there.

Jets....Knicks..... have been losers for so long of course noone wants to go there..
Wilson is not looking like an NFL starting QB. I'm sure he is heartbroken!

Zach Wilson signed a 4 year, $35,150,681 contract with the New York Jets,

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In NY, at least you can stay out of traffic. Use the subway!

nyc-subway-shootings-updates-10-shot-suspect-at-large/ar-AAW8lgk?li=BBnb7Kz
You can always protect yourself!

Ride with friends!

Just stay healthy!

yellow-fever-epidemics-new-york/

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One issue you forgot is to live in NY, the per capita number of reporters waiting to catch you doing something is far worse than the police!
I would say LA is pretty much the same and more of them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say LA is pretty much the same and more of them.
You can't get a simple speeding tiicket in LA by the cops. Nor can you be arrested for more serious tickets.
If somebody sees you speeding, their will be reports nationwide on the news

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't get a simple speeding tiicket in LA by the cops. Nor can you be arrested for more serious tickets.
If somebody sees you speeding, their will be reports nationwide on the news

If you're famous sure but the cops treat us common folk as if we don't exist. I was quite literally talking about this with my wife a few days ago. It doesn't matter how fucking fast I'm driving in L.A. The cops aren't going to stop me. I've blown by cops on the freeway going way over the speed limit and they don't give a shit.

But when I return home to MA for a visit there's a speed trap around every corner and I am suddenly aware of the vulnerability to cops writing tickets.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In California, criminals are no longer able to be arrested for non violent crimes.
They still had too many criminals in the system. California's answer?:
They removed crimes such as r*pe and domestic violence from the violent crimes list!
If the dude rapes a girl and didn't kill her, he'll get a ticket.