• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Panthers Sens game

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I might be one of the few that does NOT want to see expansion.

That would be most people, however the greed of the owners and league management will prevail. They get more revenue, we get a watered down product. Might as well get used to it, just like we should probably start preparing ourselves for advertisements on jerseys.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Panthers' attendance no laughing matter; popgun Bruins reload; more NHL notes - NHL - SI.com

easy with tampa being a legit "hockey town". when your only winter competition for dollars is from the local strip clubs.

lets see what those #'s look like when stamkos bolts (pun intended) i have a feeling you will see a similar fall off that was happening after their cup run.

This can be said for tons of markets that are currently doing great. Pitt and Chicago were in the dumpster for attendance before their young starts came along and now they sellout every game.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be most people, however the greed of the owners and league management will prevail. They get more revenue, we get a watered down product. Might as well get used to it, just like we should probably start preparing ourselves for advertisements on jerseys.

That might be the day I stop watching sports. I'm not a hockey traditionalist by any stretch, but in our over commercialized sports world, we need to draw the line somewhere.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Toronto 2 also may not get approved by the league for a few reasons. The Leafs will be fine but then you are cutting into Sabres revenue since they have something like 25% of their season ticket holders from Canada. Plus, the NHL is already getting those people's money, they're not gaining a whole lot from them. They want a new market with money that they're not yet getting.

It also depends on where it is. If it's in downtown Toronto then that's an issue. But a lot of people are clamoring to have it out in the Western Suburbs right? I have to imagine that the Leafs have about 3 million people on their season ticket holder waiting list. I'm sure that people are registering their unborn children so get season tickets. haha.

Buffalo isn't even that close to Toronto. It's like a 100ish miles. I think they'll be fine. I remember during their playoff run the sabres owner said he could sell 200,000 tickets to those playoff games 200k.

Philly, Devils, Isles, Rangers are clustered within a similar span, and I guarantee you there are more hockey fans in the Greater Toronto/Hamilton/Buffalo area. They only need to get like 10,000 season ticket holders to have a really solid base. I personally think they should play out of the leafs arena, but we'll see.

NOTE: I just looked the current wait time to Leafs season tickets is TWENTY YEARS:omg:

There's people begging for the leafs to take their money.