• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Food Allergies

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just feed everyone peanuts. nature will run it's course.

Survival of the fittest has slipped with modern medicine. Better medicine = bad genes being passed on hereditarily.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm allergic to kiwi fruit and slightly to certain eggplants. When I was a kid, kiwi would give me a tingling feeling in my throat I thought was kinda cool. It wasn't until years later I realized it was my throat squeezing shut by itself, which never really hurt me, but could've. The more things you taste, the more chance you'll find something you're allergic to. As a Chef, I'm exposed to all sorts of ingredients but these are the only two I've ever had a problem with...so far...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us weed out the stupid ones before we do that with the allergic ones. ;)

I'm not suggesting we do it, it's nature that is trying to do it.

It's tough to weed out the stupid ones when they are typically the ones that excessively breed.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not suggesting we do it, it's nature that is trying to do it.

It's tough to weed out the stupid ones when they are typically the ones that excessively breed.

How do allergies correlate to intelligence?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is at schools around here they won't even let kids bring peanut butter sammiges to school because of those with allergies.

I doubt I'd have survived elementary school without peanut butter.....

Don't know if its true or not , but on a flight one time the whole plane was told no peanuts will be served and if we brought our own do not open them. Apparently a passenger on board was so allergic even the smell would make him/her swell up. I immediately wondered how many peanuts were stuck in the seats.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no food allergies anymore used to be milk finally grew out of it but I don't drink milk ever as an adult

I wish I was allergic to Beer my wallet would be fatter instead of my belly :suds:

However I have a super sensitivity to poison ivy , poison Oak , and Sumac last bout cost me a weeks work to start and numerous days after with several thousand in meds. 20 years ago I had to dang near threaten the Doctor with a shotgun to get the meds to fight it off. Finally I was yelling so loud his Partner in the practice came in to see what was going on took one look at me and gave me a shot and meds that finally killed it off. I had to get 2 shots a week for 4 weeks. I got just a bit of it on my poor ole fun stick and fellas I have never seen anything swell up so lopsided in my life. It was so left leaning Hillary Clinton is a conservative republican by comparison. And don't get me started with explaining it to the girlfriend! Anyway the lesson here is always wash your hands before using the bathroom if you have been outside in the woods or weeds.

Cost me a lot of $$$ tons of itching in places you not supposed to itch and worst of all no whoopee in the bedroom for 2 damn months! Stay away from the poison ivy.

And to the OP I will pass that along to my cousin who has a boy allergic to peanuts. Glad you child is not having to deal with it anymore

Just the facts with 2 much info this time :suds:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a lonely place.....

Me: I would miss you, @Southieinnc .
You: I don't think you will miss people when you're gone.
Someone Else: I don't get it.
Me: Phew, saved by the bell. Lesser of two idiots, I mean, evils.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do peanuts reassemble themselves after you've chewed them up?