• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Opinion on Matt Nagy. Super Bowl question

Can Nagy outsmart a Super Bowl opponent?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I am retarded. Potato salad,

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday was Nagy's worst game as a coach.

The Bears finished that game, with 33 straight passing plays. That is certifiably insane.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday was Nagy's worst game as a coach.

The Bears finished that game, with 33 straight passing plays. That is certifiably insane.

You can bet your ass that we establish the run early and often in this one.

Hopefully it's a learning experience for our HC.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet your ass that we establish the run early and often in this one.

Hopefully it's a learning experience for our HC.

Add to that two 3rd and 1's, where they lined up without a RB in the backfield, and Cohen's zero carries...I think it's easily his most head-scratching coaching job. A lot has been said about Trubisky's poor play, but the coach HAS to do a better job than what we saw. He is setting Trubs up to fail, otherwise.

It'll be nice if and when we get Burton back. He seems to help open up the offense a little.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add to that two 3rd and 1's, where they lined up without a RB in the backfield, and Cohen's zero carries...I think it's easily his most head-scratching coaching job. A lot has been said about Trubisky's poor play, but the coach HAS to do a better job than what we saw. He is setting Trubs up to fail, otherwise.

It'll be nice if and when we get Burton back. He seems to help open up the offense a little.

Yeah, if our last two games without him are an indicator of his importance. He means more to this team than I had previously thought.

I think it's a combination of Burton being pretty rock solid/versatile and Shaheen being just an utterly incompetent pussy. I was already just about done with him. Thursday iced that for me. You see that ball he dropped right before Trubisky's INT? It hit him right in the hands and he had it. Just a little contact and he drops the ball while falling to the ground like a car had just hit him. That would have setup a 3rd and short as opposed to a 3rd and 10. Could have meant the difference in the game.

We definitely need Burton in there. It sounds like he wasn't far from ready on Thursday. So, I have my hopes up for Sunday.

Shaheen can hit the fuckin bricks. I would rather get Ian Bunting on the active roster and trot him out there in a "no Trey Burton" situation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Denver is due to lose in september is what I am hearing. Glad we can help.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really worried about Nagy.
Guy was coach of the year. Innovative.
Nagy has underperformed so far.
One would think that squaring off against your former DC would be a good test.
Would the wiley DC exploit the offense's weaknesses?
Or would the reigning coach of the year exploit his former DC's defensive tendancies?
Bears won but I feel Fangio edged out Nagy in the gameplan.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really worried about Nagy.
Guy was coach of the year. Innovative.
Nagy has underperformed so far.
One would think that squaring off against your former DC would be a good test.
Would the wiley DC exploit the offense's weaknesses?
Or would the reigning coach of the year exploit his former DC's defensive tendancies?
Bears won but I feel Fangio edged out Nagy in the gameplan.

The Bears now are facing a ton of dime defenses - multiple corners covering our WRs. I just haven't been seeing people getting open in 2 games, and a lot of it is because of those dime defenses keeping our receivers in check. And when the corner sees Mitch's eyes lock on, they may play behind a step if they are confident to bait Mitch into throwing a ball they know they can jump.

And combine that with the issue of Mitch checking out of too many RPOs to the pass when facing this coverage. He's not reading the defense very well and getting confused by all the disguised looks.

HOWEVER, consider that during the Packers game, it wasn't just Mitch - everything looks like a dumpster fire on offense, including a putrid performance by the O-Line. In reality? Too many issues to fix in one week.

So what does Nagy do for Denver?

Gameplan kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

Take away the RPO element to the offense so Mitch runs what is initially called, and then dial up a run-heavy game.

Why?

Because going run-heavy will:

1) Get your offensive line in sync. It's the easiest thing for an O-line to do, to run-block, and coaches will often dial up a lot of runs in a game if their O-line is falling out of sync, because it is simple, and gets the O-line back into a rhythm. The game plan was to get the O line back on track and into a rhythm they can take with them into future games.

2) The most overlooked aspect. Know why the altitude is such an advantage for Denver? Think all the way back to Shannahan and the killer run game in those days. In that altitude, you get gassed damn quick. So Denver always tries to go run-heavy to rest their defense and gas the opposing team's defense, because nothing wears down a defense faster than getting the ball rammed down your throat run after run. AND it can get demoralizing by the 4th quarter.

Nagy SPOTTED this, and decided to use Denver's classic gameplan AGAINST THEM. Make no mistake - Montgomery is the reason we could do this, so credit to Pace - would not have worked with Cohen or Davis.

By the end of the game, BOTH defenses were gassed.

Next up is getting Mitch and the passing game on track. However, I did not view that game as a failure by Nagy, in the least.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears now are facing a ton of dime defenses - multiple corners covering our WRs. I just haven't been seeing people getting open in 2 games, and a lot of it is because of those dime defenses keeping our receivers in check. And when the corner sees Mitch's eyes lock on, they may play behind a step if they are confident to bait Mitch into throwing a ball they know they can jump.

And combine that with the issue of Mitch checking out of too many RPOs to the pass when facing this coverage. He's not reading the defense very well and getting confused by all the disguised looks.

HOWEVER, consider that during the Packers game, it wasn't just Mitch - everything looks like a dumpster fire on offense, including a putrid performance by the O-Line. In reality? Too many issues to fix in one week.

So what does Nagy do for Denver?

Gameplan kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

Take away the RPO element to the offense so Mitch runs what is initially called, and then dial up a run-heavy game.

Why?

Because going run-heavy will:

1) Get your offensive line in sync. It's the easiest thing for an O-line to do, to run-block, and coaches will often dial up a lot of runs in a game if their O-line is falling out of sync, because it is simple, and gets the O-line back into a rhythm. The game plan was to get the O line back on track and into a rhythm they can take with them into future games.

2) The most overlooked aspect. Know why the altitude is such an advantage for Denver? Think all the way back to Shannahan and the killer run game in those days. In that altitude, you get gassed damn quick. So Denver always tries to go run-heavy to rest their defense and gas the opposing team's defense, because nothing wears down a defense faster than getting the ball rammed down your throat run after run. AND it can get demoralizing by the 4th quarter.

Nagy SPOTTED this, and decided to use Denver's classic gameplan AGAINST THEM. Make no mistake - Montgomery is the reason we could do this, so credit to Pace - would not have worked with Cohen or Davis.

By the end of the game, BOTH defenses were gassed.

Next up is getting Mitch and the passing game on track. However, I did not view that game as a failure by Nagy, in the least.

Omg. Here he goes again with the long winded clueless evaluation of games. Monkey richi has no clue what he's talking about. This line particularly made me lol:

"The Bears now are facing a ton of dime defenses - multiple corners covering our WRs"

Why in the world would defenses be playing dime against Trubisky???????????? Monkey doesn't know what a dime defense is, that's what's happening here.