• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening Series Against The Mariners April 4-6 2016

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen moves were fine except for maybe Diekman.

It wasn't and seldom isn't isolated to who. It was when, every bit as much as who.

Today, Kela should have been gone when all the lefties showed up, and when he wasn't having one of his better days to begin with IMO.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good enough, but it's early. Let's give em at least three weeks before we start making too much of anything.

Now this one I gave a "like" too, and if it were the older days I would have given a "agree" with as well.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't and seldom isn't isolated to who. It was when, every bit as much as who.

Today, Kela should have been gone when all the lefties showed up, and when he wasn't having one of his better days to begin with IMO.

You're too fixated on the lefty lefty matchup. You wanted Kela yanked for a LHP when Seager came up, but Seager hits .297 against LHP.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're too fixated on the lefty lefty matchup. You wanted Kela yanked for a LHP when Seager came up, but Seager hits .297 against LHP.

Actually, I wasn't. I know I alluded to this, but it was more the fact they had like 3 LH in a row. I didn't want to move around just Seager.

But to me, and most importantly, Kela wasn't having a good day. Had thrown about 20 pitches before he even got to the LH situation.

Know what I mean?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I wasn't. I know I alluded to this, but it was more the fact they had like 3 LH in a row. I didn't want to move around just Seager.

But to me, and most importantly, Kela wasn't having a good day. Had thrown about 20 pitches before he even got to the LH situation.

Know what I mean?

Kela certainly didn't have the location today.

Diekman had been used two days prior and Faulkner wasn't available so they should have probably just gone to Dyson vs Seager, but meh none of that matters when Tolly gives up a ton of bloops and a big blast I guess.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kela certainly didn't have the location today.

Diekman had been used two days prior and Faulkner wasn't available so they should have probably just gone to Dyson vs Seager, but meh none of that matters when Tolly gives up a ton of bloops and a big blast I guess.

Was about to say, Tolley had the ball with the lead. That's all you can ask for, but he blew it. Fact is, our bullpen gave up one run till Tolley got the ball. Dyson needs gone closer. Period.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was about to say, Tolley had the ball with the lead. That's all you can ask for, but he blew it. Fact is, our bullpen gave up one run till Tolley got the ball. Dyson needs gone closer. Period.

I prefer to use Dyson in the highest leverage spots like he was used today. He got the most important out of the game at that point. All Tolly had to be was league average and the game is won. I don't know who would have been called on to get Cruz out if Dyson was the 9th inning guy. I will continue to trust Dyson in the toughest spots and prefer to use him there over the lower leverage 9th inning. But unless other guys start doing their jobs it won't matter.

They cannot possibly sustain this level of ineptitude, so that's the silver lining.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact Jack

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to use Dyson in the highest leverage spots like he was used today. He got the most important out of the game at that point. All Tolly had to be was league average and the game is won. I don't know who would have been called on to get Cruz out if Dyson was the 9th inning guy. I will continue to trust Dyson in the toughest spots and prefer to use him there over the lower leverage 9th inning. But unless other guys start doing their jobs it won't matter.

They cannot possibly sustain this level of ineptitude, so that's the silver lining.

I prefer to do away with the closer role altogether and do as you say, but since we know that isn't likely to happen I made the comment I did.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to do away with the closer role altogether and do as you say, but since we know that isn't likely to happen I made the comment I did.
Who would you suggest as the fireman if Dyson were to transition to the 9th inning guy?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you suggest as the fireman if Dyson were to transition to the 9th inning guy?

Not sure yet. Too many new faces, but initially I'd say Kela.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Banny did say earlier in the off season that he may not have a particular closer. He though he could use one of choice depending on the situation.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banny did say earlier in the off season that he may not have a particular closer. He though he could use one of choice depending on the situation.

If that's true, he should've left Dyson in the game.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know that our BP is a million times better than this. Th

My thoughts exactly.
He never said he would not have a closer but an option to use one of choice depending on the situation and he should have done that today.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed game and it is early in season with guys not getting their rhythm but for a mgr who states there is no closer he sure uses Tolleson as the closer. I am not sure if he thinks Tokkeson has a fragile ego or what but it all smells sentimental. I know the playoffs there was a different mix but that did not translate into these first few games. Otherwise no beef with Banny, players have to get up and be prepared. Managers need to put them in situations where they and team can shine. Glad the season is early and our farm is stacked

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed game and it is early in season with guys not getting their rhythm but for a mgr who states there is no closer he sure uses Tolleson as the closer. I am not sure if he thinks Tokkeson has a fragile ego or what but it all smells sentimental. I know the playoffs there was a different mix but that did not translate into these first few games. Otherwise no beef with Banny, players have to get up and be prepared. Managers need to put them in situations where they and team can shine. Glad the season is early and our farm is stacked
Agree with DT above. Tolleson was great for us last year but towards the end of the year he threw way too many hittable pitches that seemed to have no movement. I like that when Dyson is on he has an incredible sinker that is very difficult for hitters to do much with it. I want the guy who has "A PITCH" much like a Rivera had.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am not mistaken Banny said Tolleson was his closer in ST.