• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only two QBs since 2000....

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passed for 4000 yards AND 30 TDs in the same season they won a super bowl.

Tom Brady never passed for 4000 yards or 30 TDs in the same season they actually won it.

Those two QBs that won it were Brees in 2009 and Manning in 2006. Ironic in the play off run by Manning in 2006, they had to grind out a win against the Ravens. The score in that game was 15 to 6. Manning was 15 for 30, 170 yards, 2 ints and no TDs.

Anywho.......

In the best statistical seasons for QBs (legendary seasons) from Marino, to Manning, to Brady (want to include Fouts etc with that) they never won the super bowl in those years.

I heard Colon Cowturd say that Belichick won the SB with a pass heavy teams and never relied on the running game. Of course, someone may want to tell that ignorant piece of shit that the last time the Pats actually won it all, they had a 1600 yard rusher that year. 9 years ago.

Anyway, I find that interesting considering the tootie fruity offenses that have been pushed on the league.

I always find it funny how people insist all of these rule changes over the years to promote more passing is wise. As if the game was bad the way it was. The most popular game in the world is still soccer. They really have not changed the rules of that game.....really ever. Yet it is not going anywhere.

Just food for thought.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it funny how people insist all of these rule changes over the years to promote more passing is wise. As if the game was bad the way it was. The most popular game in the world is still soccer. They really have not changed the rules of that game.....really ever. Yet it is not going anywhere.

Interesting remarks, BB. It does seem to me the that the rule changes restricting how much contact DBs were allowed without calling PI initially aimed to make the games higher scoring, more wide opened, and to prop up QB/WR play in order presumably to make the game more popular/profitable. While the popularity of the league has certainly increased since those rule changes were implemented, it's not totally clear to me that those rule changes are the primary reason for that increased popularity. Perhaps consumers in the U.S. are more generally swayed by marketing innovations than are their counterparts in parts of the world where soccer has a long standing tradition of popularity. I don't really know, but it seems plausible to me.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting remarks, BB. It does seem to me the that the rule changes restricting how much contact DBs were allowed without calling PI initially aimed to make the games higher scoring, more wide opened, and to prop up QB/WR play in order presumably to make the game more popular/profitable. While the popularity of the league has certainly increased since those rule changes were implemented, it's not totally clear to me that those rule changes are the primary reason for that increased popularity. Perhaps consumers in the U.S. are more generally swayed by marketing innovations than are their counterparts in parts of the world where soccer has a long standing tradition of popularity. I don't really know, but it seems plausible to me.

People were addicted to football for a long time before the insidious rule changes. The reasons for the popularity has little to do with the rule changes, and they were not necessary.

None of them.

Again, the "safety" changes for the sake of "safety" has been a farce. It always is.

There are a few big factors that contribute more to the popularity than those rule changes that promoted more passing. Football, even when they were wearing leather helmets was far more exciting than soccer. At least in my opinion.

The factors that contributed the popularity. Fantasy Football has drawn in a bunch of fans and many of us that play all of a sudden pay attention to games you would have never watched at the end of the season. I mean when I am tuning into the Cardinals playing the Jaguars at the end of a season, that is when you know FF has worked.

Also, Madden has become VERY POPULAR. HS football has been drawing national attention and ESPN has been televising games that we all wanted to see and talked about for decades between states. As a result more and more kids play football in the park and on the streets etc.

The problem is we have a commissioner that knows little to nothing about the actual game, running the league. There is a real problem with that imo.

Again, IF soccer remains as popular world wide as it is, and there has been very few rule changes to "make it more exicting" then the NFL does not need to tweak the rules EVERY YEAR in order to placate the unsophisticated thinker.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would FF or video games be as popular as they are if the style of play had not become more wide opened, pass-heavy? I'm not sure, but I suspect not. Would ESPN show HS football if it were played by teams still lining up in the T-formation? Again, I'm not so sure.

As far as the "safety rules" go, if you owned an NFL team would it not make sense to you to try and limit your legal liability in order to preserve the profitability of your property?

I might disagree with some of the things that the league has done, but I'm not prepared to say that idiots are running the show.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL becoming more of a passing league is negated come playoff time because of weather more than anything else where teams with great defense and a good running game seem to have the advantage. Last year is a great example of when Moreno went down the Broncos had no running game and the Ravens knew they could just go after Manning all game.

Now as for the Safety concerns the NFL seems to be doing more to protect themselves from actual law suits than that of real safety. This is where the NFL is a little behind the curve in they finally just started investing money into research for safer helmets to help protect from concussions. The problem is while that research is being done they are telling players to go lower which then means more knee injuries which to players is actually more career threatening than that of getting a concussion.

I have been getting more and more frustrated with Goodell as the top guy for the NFL as he seems to have no consistency in any way that he handles anything. The players who get fined or suspended there seems to be very few set regulations on why or how much or how long on anything. The whole handling of the Von Miller situation was just ridiculous. IF the NFL does not do anything about the fact that information was leaked that shouldn't have been then there really should be some more lawsuits coming their way. The contract that they sign with players to protect them is just as legally binding as that of a doctor protecting the information of a Patient and any breach of that actually should hold somebody to criminal charges.