• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma @ Ohio St.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if you blow us out like that again. We were a train wreck last year when we played. I don't expect that to be the case this time around.
I'm going off the assumption that our passing game will be dramatically better this year under Kevin Wilson than it was last year when we were still able to move the ball. And it's a night game in the Shoe, and we have arguably the best front 7 in the country and you have a very unproven running game and green WRs.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going off the assumption that our passing game will be dramatically better this year under Kevin Wilson than it was last year when we were still able to move the ball. And it's a night game in the Shoe, and we have arguably the best front 7 in the country and you have a very unproven running game and green WRs.

I just don't think Barret is that good of a passer. If anything Wilson might make Barret more prone to turnovers. Additionally, he won't have a free side of the field to throw to. Our secondary was a mess for half of the season. Now its expected to be a strength.

Not worried about our running game with our talent and offensive line. WR is never a worry for Oklahoma. People been asking how we were going to replace Broiles/Saunders/Shepard/Westbrook for years.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm goi off the assumption that our passing game will be dramatically better this year under Kevin Wilson than it was last year when we were still able to move the ball. And it's a night game in the Shoe, and we have arguably the best front 7 in the country and you have a very unproven running game and green WRs.
But Ohio St. doesn't have this guy running their defense.

r960-fb3260094bce51f77e28b19731f98d16.jpg

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU 45- Okie 17

It's over in Norman with Uncle Bob taken a break before taken over Notre Dame.....

Proof : See Oregon Ducks

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU 45- Okie 17

It's over in Norman with Uncle Bob taken a break before taken over Notre Dame.....

Proof : See Oregon Ducks
Stoops stepping down might have been a good thing because now there's nobody to save his brothers ass from getting kicked to the curb. He's about a worthless fvk and I think Riley knows this. I'm thinking Riley has him replaced at the end of the season with a real DC.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops stepping down might have been a good thing because now there's nobody to save his brothers ass from getting kicked to the curb. He's about a worthless fvk and I think Riley knows this. I'm thinking Riley has him replaced at the end of the season with a real DC.

Might be Ruffin McNeil. Will be interesting to see.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lincoln Riley will be 2-0 vs Urban Meyer by the end of January :suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think Barret is that good of a passer. If anything Wilson might make Barret more prone to turnovers. Additionally, he won't have a free side of the field to throw to. Our secondary was a mess for half of the season. Now its expected to be a strength.

Not worried about our running game with our talent and offensive line. WR is never a worry for Oklahoma. People been asking how we were going to replace Broiles/Saunders/Shepard/Westbrook for years.
Barrett was a beast of a passer when he had Herman. Now he's got someone arguably on that level, if not better, so I see no reason he can't have just as good a game as last year. We also still have Weber, who torched OU last year, and he's another year more conditioned and acclimated to being the starter, as well as what is still one of the top offensive lines in the country.

If it was tough sledding for OU to find points last year without dealing with a first time head coach in his first major road game in one of the most hostile environments in the country, I'd say it'd be a close game. If it's even within 10 points, I'd call that an upset. Unless Mayfield has the game of his life, I don't see you guys being able to put too many points on the board in this one.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your prediction for this game .. and please include the score.

2017-ohio-state-vs-oklahoma.jpg
How has no one asked a very important question, will OSU be using their refs or not?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is an 8 point favorite. My guess is OU covers that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett was a beast of a passer when he had Herman. Now he's got someone arguably on that level, if not better, so I see no reason he can't have just as good a game as last year. We also still have Weber, who torched OU last year, and he's another year more conditioned and acclimated to being the starter, as well as what is still one of the top offensive lines in the country.

If it was tough sledding for OU to find points last year without dealing with a first time head coach in his first major road game in one of the most hostile environments in the country, I'd say it'd be a close game. If it's even within 10 points, I'd call that an upset. Unless Mayfield has the game of his life, I don't see you guys being able to put too many points on the board in this one.

Again, you're ignoring what a train wreck Oklahoma was on both sides of the ball early last year. You're going to see a very different team this year. Blee dat.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people look at the score of last year's game and jump to conclusions. Ohio State beat Oklahoma in Norman by 3 touchdowns. Quite a loss. But, and it's a large "but", OSU only had 3 more first downs than OU and only 40 more total yards. Ohio State made huge plays (anyone remember Noah Brown's behind the back catch?) and Oklahoma just failed miserably trying to score points when it had opportunities. If Joe Mixon hadn't had a 97 yard kickoff return in the first quarter it would have been one of the worst defeats ever in Norman. Oklahoma hasn't had an undefeated season when it won its bowl game since 2000. Ohio State hasn't had an undefeated season when it won its bowl game since 2002. Both schools are powerhouses that lose plenty of games they should not have lost. Last year Baker Mayfield's QBR in the OSU game was a pathetic 22.8 before he ended up with a record 91.8 for the season. That is how bad he sucked in that game. Now it's 2017 and everyone is guessing what might happen. If both teams play up to their potential, it will be close. The key is can OU's defense improve enough to help keep the OU offense on the field and will Mayfield play better? The answer to both questions is likely "yes". Is Ohio State better than last year? No, probably not. I have a hunch Mike Stoops makes even me eat my words about his coaching abilities and the D plays lights out. OU by 4.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has no one asked a very important question, will OSU be using their refs or not?
Since everyone is a Buckeye fan, some are just in the closet, they always use their own refs.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many people look at the score of last year's game and jump to conclusions. Ohio State beat Oklahoma in Norman by 3 touchdowns. Quite a loss. But, and it's a large "but", OSU only had 3 more first downs than OU and only 40 more total yards. Ohio State made huge plays (anyone remember Noah Brown's behind the back catch?) and Oklahoma just failed miserably trying to score points when it had opportunities. If Joe Mixon hadn't had a 97 yard kickoff return in the first quarter it would have been one of the worst defeats ever in Norman. Oklahoma hasn't had an undefeated season when it won its bowl game since 2000. Ohio State hasn't had an undefeated season when it won its bowl game since 2002. Both schools are powerhouses that lose plenty of games they should not have lost. Last year Baker Mayfield's QBR in the OSU game was a pathetic 22.8 before he ended up with a record 91.8 for the season. That is how bad he sucked in that game. Now it's 2017 and everyone is guessing what might happen. If both teams play up to their potential, it will be close. The key is can OU's defense improve enough to help keep the OU offense on the field and will Mayfield play better? The answer to both questions is likely "yes". Is Ohio State better than last year? No, probably not. I have a hunch Mike Stoops makes even me eat my words about his coaching abilities and the D plays lights out. OU by 4.
This was due to the defense. Later in the year he didnt play defenses that good.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was due to the defense. Later in the year he didnt play defenses that good.

It was due to our offensive line being a mess, Perine having a horrible game, Westbrook not being healthy, and Mayfield trying too hard to make shit happen. Mayfield picked a very good Auburn apart in the sugar bowl.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're ignoring what a train wreck Oklahoma was on both sides of the ball early last year. You're going to see a very different team this year. Blee dat.
And you're ignoring how awful our passing attack was last year, yet we still tossed 4 TDs on your guys. It's only going to be better this year. Oh and our defense is still likely top 2-3 in the nation. Good luck, amigo.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're ignoring how awful our passing attack was last year, yet we still tossed 4 TDs on your guys. It's only going to be better this year. Oh and our defense is still likely top 2-3 in the nation. Good luck, amigo.

Lmao. You made big plays to a free side of the field. That's what it comes down to. You're not that much better in reality. If you were you wouldn't have gotten skunked 31-0 by Clemson.