• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okay, Kentucky is fucking scary

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem you're gonna have w/troll is that he's really only into data. It doesn't matter that a guy is playing nba ball, if he wasn't all-conference in college, then nothing else really matters. And since he doesn't watch nba ball, he doesn't realize how fast paced it is and how everyone in the game is extremely athletic & talented.

You're a douche bag. Explain to me how a college team could beat a NBA press with a bench that is, believe it or not, full of NBA caliber players.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make the claim. Huskey did. He can either go look it up or GTFO. I'm sure as hell not doing his research for him. My point all along was that this sixers team isn't built like other NBA teams, but he keeps wanting to treat them just like they're the fucking Hawks, and they aren't. Don't spout off bullshit about nameless NBA teams. We're talking about 1 very specific faux-NBA team. Tell me about that one.

He never once said that. He said that guys playing in the nba are superior to those playing college ball. Why can't you accept this?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY! I SHIFTED THE ARGUMENT FROM MY IDIOTIC CLAIM TO SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!

I give up. You win. An amateur team would beat a team with a roster that's paid like 70 million or something like that.

So if I paid UK 80 million, they would win? Another brilliant fucking argument. :clap:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never once said that. He said that guys playing in the nba are superior to those playing college ball. Why can't you accept this?

That's a great generalization, but doesn't necessarily hold up to specific scrutiny. That's why I continue to ask for specifics, and so far nobody who wants to make the "it is 100% certain that the sixers would win by 50 every game in a 200 game series" argument, can reply with anything except "but but but NBA!!!!!!"

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a douche bag. Explain to me how a college team could beat a NBA press with a bench that is, believe it or not, full of NBA caliber players.

?? Go back and re-read my post. I never once said any college team could hope to compete w/an nba team.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? Go back and re-read my post. I never once said any college team could hope to compete w/an nba team.

This quote feature sucks. I totally agree with everything you said. I thought I was quoting the other clown. But I'm the idiot for arguing with a guy on the internet who's id has "troll" in it.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great generalization, but doesn't necessarily hold up to specific scrutiny. That's why I continue to ask for specifics, and so far nobody who wants to make the "it is 100% certain that the sixers would win by 50 every game in a 200 game series" argument, can reply with anything except "but but but NBA!!!!!!"

Look man.. you're talking about a bunch of college kids beating guys who are making it in the nba. They might not be a good nba team, but they're still REALLY good as basketball.. and the games that they're losing are not by much. The other day, the sixers lost to the clipper by what. 10 points? You put UK in that game and they lose by 50 or more. It's just too fast, and the players are way too good.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did I get sucked into another "this amateur team can beat a professional team" nonsense again?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This quote feature sucks. I totally agree with everything you said. I thought I was quoting the other clown. But I'm the idiot for arguing with a guy on the internet who's id has "troll" in it.

I know.. it's messed up. I had a big argument w/this troll guy the other day. I'm not sure why I get suckered into arguing w/a guy who's really just a bandwagon fan anyways.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look man.. you're talking about a bunch of college kids beating guys who are making it in the nba. They might not be a good nba team, but they're still REALLY good as basketball.. and the games that they're losing are not by much. The other day, the sixers lost to the clipper by what. 10 points? You put UK in that game and they lose by 50 or more. It's just too fast, and the players are way too good.

I've been up close a couple of times for high level college games and NBA games. The college guys it was like "these guys are really fucking good!". The NBA game was "are these guys even human beings?" As good as these guys in college are, it's a huge jump as far as athleticism goes to get to the highest level. And once again, sorry for the quote fiasco. I thought the other guys post is what I was responding to.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did I get sucked into another "this amateur team can beat a professional team" nonsense again?

I have no fucking clue. You asked if people were really saying that and the response was pretty clearly, No, but one person is suggesting that UK would be competitive with the sixers, and you just kept talking about "an NBA team" and refused to back up any singe statement you've made with regard to the sixers (the team actually being discussed)

Nobody fucking asked you to post here, that's for goddam sure.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been up close a couple of times for high level college games and NBA games. The college guys it was like "these guys are really fucking good!". The NBA game was "are these guys even human beings?" As good as these guys in college are, it's a huge jump as far as athleticism goes to get to the highest level. And once again, sorry for the quote fiasco. I thought the other guys post is what I was responding to.

How many Sixers games have you watched up close? We're talking about the Sixers. You remember the Sixers, right? That team we were talking about... The Sixers. Perhaps you've heard of them.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No problem, don't worry about it. I thought it was probably something like that. But I agree. I watch NBA and NFL games and I wonder how anyone even has a chance to think it's just happening so quickly... and if UK is having trouble w/teams in college, there's no way in hell they have a shot at knocking off an nba team.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Sixers games have you watched up close? We're talking about the Sixers. You remember the Sixers, right? That team we were talking about... The Sixers. Perhaps you've heard of them.

The Sixers in the NBA? The team that's -9 in points differential in 48 minute games and a 24 second shot clock? Not much. I'm just assuming that a team that might produce 3 NBA starters and 2 or 3 bench players wouldn't stand a chance that is compromised of all NBA starters and bench players. Call me silly if you want but that's just how I see it. If they were to play all the Sixers would jave to do is press and trap and it would be over because there's no way in hell that they could match the depth and athleticism.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,341.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're giving this troll waaaay too much attention.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers in the NBA? The team that's -9 in points differential in 48 minute games and a 24 second shot clock?

You mean, 2nd worst in the league? Yeah. That's the one.

I'm just assuming that a team that might produce 3 NBA starters and 2 or 3 bench players wouldn't stand a chance that is compromised of all NBA starters and bench players.

Yes, finally we agree. you are just assuming, and aren't basing it on anything except "But but but NBA" because you still haven't mentioned a single player on the Sixers.

Call me silly if you want but that's just how I see it. If they were to play all the Sixers would jave to do is press and trap and it would be over because there's no way in hell that they could match the depth and athleticism.

You're silly.

The Sixers are one step up from a collection of hobos. Granted, they have collectively almost played an entire season in the NBA (no real experience outside of Richardson's crippled ass) and they have a guy in charge who is paid an NBA coach's salary, and they get to practice more and play against better teams, so given those advantages, I still think the hobos win more often than not. But if you think a well coached group of hobos are going to run away with it, then yes, you are very, very silly.

Oh and don't let that point differential fool you. Many of the teams they played were resting their starters, because playing the sixers is essentially a meaningless game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and there is no way that the UK would beat two teams that have an even worse record than the Sixers have - in the Twolves and Knicks... The Sixers aren't even last in their own division... LOL...

The Sixers have gone 5 wins 6 losses in their last 11 games including a win against the Hawks and an OT loss to OKC during the month of March so it's not like they're getting beaten up every game like a certain person makes it sound here...

This is an NBA team, UK only beat ND by 2 pts...

Last edited:

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are one step up from a collection of hobos. Granted, they have collectively almost played an entire season in the NBA (no real experience outside of Richardson's crippled ass) and they have a guy in charge who is paid an NBA coach's salary, and they get to practice more and play against better teams, so given those advantages, I still think the hobos win more often than not. But if you think a well coached group of hobos are going to run away with it, then yes, you are very, very silly.

Oh and don't let that point differential fool you. Many of the teams they played were resting their starters, because playing the sixers is essentially a meaningless game.

No, how about all the time. This would be an exhibition match every time and every time UK would get flat out devastated. No real nba experience other than playing the best of the best for an entire year? In the nba, every team is good. It's not like going thru a season in the sec where every team is very mediocre. Even ND isn't a true challenge because they have no real size... and UK struggled w/the speed of their guards? In the nba, the guards are bigger, faster and are better shooters. Combine that w/big guys who will absolutely shut down UK's bigs and you have a team in UK that would not win one game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see this game going? Do you think that the Kentucky bigs are just going to be able to back in NBA centers and PF's? Do you think they're going to be able to put up shots knowing that they're probbably going to get the offensive boards? Do you think that they're going to be able to run their guys that are NBA caliber the entire game without going to the bench? You think they'd just be able to have guys cheating on d looking for the blocked shot?

Non of the players would have a clue what to do. Just about every NBA player has said that the biggest adjustment they had to make was adjusting for the speed of the game and how much less space they have to operate in. The starters would struggle because they'd figure out that big parts of their game aren't going to work at this level and when they had to go to the bench they'd get absolutely smoked. I don't care if we're talking about the Sixers. They're still professionals who have worked on a specific set of skills that pass for a NBA type game. You act like it's easy for a guy who was a stud in college who could beat just about everyone off the dribble to adjust into a bench guy seeing like 10 minutes a game to do a couple of very specific things.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you see this game going? Do you think that the Kentucky bigs are just going to be able to back in NBA centers and PF's? Do you think they're going to be able to put up shots knowing that they're probbably going to get the offensive boards? Do you think that they're going to be able to run their guys that are NBA caliber the entire game without going to the bench? You think they'd just be able to have guys cheating on d looking for the blocked shot?

Non of the players would have a clue what to do. Just about every NBA player has said that the biggest adjustment they had to make was adjusting for the speed of the game and how much less space they have to operate in. The starters would struggle because they'd figure out that big parts of their game aren't going to work at this level and when they had to go to the bench they'd get absolutely smoked. I don't care if we're talking about the Sixers. They're still professionals who have worked on a specific set of skills that pass for a NBA type game. You act like it's easy for a guy who was a stud in college who could beat just about everyone off the dribble to adjust into a bench guy seeing like 10 minutes a game to do a couple of very specific things.

UK played against 2 national teams (with NBA pros) and a pro team. They won 5 of 6. That actually happened.

The Sixers are still likely better than those teams, and still likely win in most situations, but it isn't nearly the huge gap, and foregone conclusion that you make it out to be.

Still waiting for you to look at the Sixers roster and tell me who on there was all conference. Oh, wait.. you abandoned that strategy because you actually looked and realized what a goddamned dumpster fire their roster is. You keep speaking of "NBA" talent, but the fact remains there are only 2 or 3 guys on that team that would make any other NBA roster.

In terms of a college/pro matchup they are the best scenario (even though they only have the 3rd worst record) because they don't have a single person on the roster that is unstoppable. (like the Knicks) and they have no real experience to speak of.

Look, I get that most of the really shitty teams in the NBA are leaps and bounds better than the best college team every year. They are bigger, faster, stronger and better at pretty much every position, and the bench.

But this isn't a generalization we're speaking of, it is a very specific instance that you don't seem willing to address. We're talking about the 2nd tallest team in basketball. (not in college, in basketball. Only 1 NBA team is bigger) We're talking about a college team with nearly unprecedented depth, and we're talking about a team that has 7-8 players (maybe more) projected to go in the draft over the next few years.

Compare that to the Sixers who are remarkably bad, and not just coincidentally. They're trying to suck so they can continue to stockpile draft picks. The have a grand total of one actual veteran, a couple of guys with 4 and 6 years experience, and the entire rest of the team is brand, spanking, new.

You keep trying to make this "college vs NBA" and that misses the point. This UK team is not like any other college team, arguably ever, and this Sixers team is not like any other NBA team. It's the perfect storm for a college/pro matchup (and I still give the edge to the shitty, shitty, shitty, pro team) but you continue to act as if there is absolutely no chance UK could even be competitive, and I think that is way overestimating how shitty the Sixers are.

You have repeatedly refused to talk about actual matchups and actual players, and actual teams, instead you just parrot "NBA" over and over and over again, as if that is going to work.

Do you have an actual argument based on the actual matchup? Is there something you can contribute that doesn't rely on some vague NBA generality that doesn't actually apply to the Sixers? Can you actually bring yourself to bake an intelligent post on the subject, or can I bet on you to come back and go "NBA! NBA! NBA!" some more? (just kidding, I know that's what you're going to do)