• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok let's talk draft.....

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With regards to Agohlor:

It's been in my experiences following the drafts, if you hear a WR prospect that is a good route runner, chances are he'll be good in the pros because he can find ways to get open being able to run multiple routes. One of OBJ's greatest strengths coming out last year was he was a polished pro-style route runner, in addition to having the speed to pull away from a DB.

I've watched Agohlor since his sophomore season and he's impressed since then - watch some of his highlights and when the ball is in the air, he has an extra gear to pull away from the defenders. He's added something new to his arsenal every year that he's played plus he's always been an effective return guy.

Agohlor checks all the boxes except that he doesn't have the prototype size - speed, hands, toughness/intangibles, versatility to play inside/outside, etc. But if he had the size too, he would be a Top 5 pick.

I still think his true value is early 2nd if we could pull off a trade similar to last year when we got Matthews but I wouldn't be upset at all if Chip took him 20th.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still for Randy Gregory at 20 if he gets that far, this guy is a legit Top 5 talent that may drop because of the marijuana issue. If Chip is willing to take a chance, the rewards could be great. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, and he came forward about his issue instead of someone else digging it up and reporting it, that has to count for something.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this:

1. Parker, Strong,,Agholor, Perriman WR. I think Parker drops to us
2. Jones CB
3. Kouandijo OG - see Alabama connection
4. Chris Conley WR Georgia
5. Mike Hull ILB PSU

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Parker would be phenomal. I'd still take Ag over Strong. Perriman could be boom or bust.
Love hull, of course, but 5th round may be a little early. I'm OK with it though.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want Byron Jones we'd need to take him at 20 or move down only about 5 spots. Any later and he will get taken by a team like Green Bay, Dallas, Seattle or New England. Most if not all those teams are going to draft corners.

The draft looks to be setting up nicely for Dallas unfortunately. They can take a corner first, a RB second and still probably get some defensive line help in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10284.jpg

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline reports the Cowboys are "very high" on Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon and are "targeting him in round one."

We've been separately told Todd Gurley is Cowboys VP Stephen Jones' No. 1 running back in the draft, but no RB boards will be finalized until Gurley visits Indianapolis this weekend for his medical recheck. What has become clear is multiple running backs will be drafted in the first round this year after the position was bypassed on day one each of the last two years.

SI's Peter King says Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon won't get past the Ravens at No. 26 overall.

In other words, the Ravens are high on Gordon and willing to spend a premium pick at running back. It makes sense with 29-year-old Justin Forsett atop the depth chart and only Lorenzo Taliaferro/Fitz Toussaint behind him. Candidates to select Gordon before No. 26 include the Chargers at No. 17 and Cardinals at 24. The Cowboys, at No. 27, also have a major need at running back.

Melvin Gordon - College Player - 2015 Player Profile -

Rotoworld.comhttp://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/309638/king-melvin-gordon-wont-get-past-bal-at-26

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if we see these teams taking a lot of backs in the mid-late first but I can't see more than two going in the round tops--Gurley and Gordon.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaelen Strong reportedly has a fracture in his wrist that will require surgery. Maybe he drops to the second round.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested in Strong in the 2nd. In the first we need a DB = Jones or Rowe. Hope Chip finds a way to come away with Agholor.