• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Venting Thread AKA ACCCG/Sugar/Lockhart Venting Thread

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not official yet. It may end up being FSU.

Looks like FSU currently has Murray St. scheduled for Labor Day weekend and WVU the following week. Doubt they want us in week 1 if the WVU game sticks.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think that with the way the bcs system is now..and how the experts are all about the sec...that an undefeated acc champ would get snubbed by a 1 loss sec champ. it's garbage..but for some reason..until fsu and miami are back to their winning ways...the acc will be percieved as a weak conf...

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like FSU currently has Murray St. scheduled for Labor Day weekend and WVU the following week. Doubt they want us in week 1 if the WVU game sticks.

From what I've been told, it's all but confirmed that it'll be GT.

VT-GT has started to set itself up as a semi-rivalry for ESPN... And that has a lot to do with it

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The "perception" of the ACC being too weak is not being conveyed in the BCS computers as they stand right now.

But I completely understand where you're coming from. We aren't helping our argument with our performance in bowl games either.

Last edited by a moderator:

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "perception" of the ACC being too weak is not being conveyed in the BCS computers as they stand right now.

But I completely understand where you're coming from. We aren't helping our argument with our performance in bowl games either.

very true...but if the bcs went by the computers..we would have been in the championship game again already...i absolutely hate the bcs!!

and honestly...noone can say we did not play an awesome bowl game this year..they came to play...and they got screwed...you can't beat the refs...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe all of the nonsense I am reading about VT scheduling weak. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. They are scheduling stellar competition, but they just aren't winning these games. Minus the LSU debacle they have been very comPetitive in all of these games. There much more to gain than lose in playing these games (reasons already mentioned). Money, recruiting, exposure, etc.
Rep TAE... For not wanting to play a bunch of pussies

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe all of the nonsense I am reading about VT scheduling weak. That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. They are scheduling stellar competition, but they just aren't winning these games. Minus the LSU debacle they have been very comPetitive in all of these games. There much more to gain than lose in playing these games (reasons already mentioned). Money, recruiting, exposure, etc.

exactly. aside from last year we have scheduled some of the top opponents year in and year out. usc (national champions that year maybe?), lsu (national champions that year maybe?), alabama (national champions that year), boise state...this has all been since i was a student at tech. oh, and throw in nebraska 2 years in a row, one being the same year we played alabama...we also played wvu OOC 2 years, and we have alabama in 2 years once again.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, I have not been able to find an example of an OOC game that VT lost (since 99) that ultimately doomed us in terms of a ncg appearance. Fetti, Ima, or anyone else, feel free to prove me wrong on this.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. aside from last year we have scheduled some of the top opponents year in and year out. usc (national champions that year maybe?), lsu (national champions that year maybe?), alabama (national champions that year), boise state...this has all been since i was a student at tech. oh, and throw in nebraska 2 years in a row, one being the same year we played alabama...we also played wvu OOC 2 years, and we have alabama in 2 years once again.

You forgot a home and home with Wisky and OSU. Throw in Pittsburgh a couple times as well. Games most people would rather see than Austin Peay.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please give me the stats that support the idea that VT should continue to schedule preseason top 5 teams. Show me the success it heralds in recruiting and on the field. Show me VT's records against all preseason top 5 teams scheduled OOC, please.

Now show me the exact same thing for teams ranked 11-20 in the preseason.

See above post ima. Show me stats as to why they should not schedule these teams. And in response to #117, I kinda thought we were all homers man ??

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VTech should be getting all the tough OCC you can get. Sadly your program isn't bama or Ohio st and you can't get away with playing a cupcake (because of the condition of the ACC)
Like someone said earlier, it's better to schedule hard and lose than to schedule weak.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you Glennon!!!! that is all....

but seriously...how can you not LOVE that we are playing these games!? if we want a nc...that is the only way we're gonna get one...playing these top ooc teams. and who the hell would want us to back down from ANYONE? i truly believe that we can hang with anyone.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, I was at the Sugar Bowl. That game rocked, and I enjoyed the whole experience, even though VT lost a close one, and arguably should have won.

I'm in the camp that they should schedule tough opponents. Otherwise, what's the point? I'd rather see VT play at least one tough OOC opponent every year, though I'd prefer not to schedule them for the first game, unless that's really the only way to get them on the schedule. VT usually gets better after the first game or two.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I was at the Sugar Bowl. That game rocked, and I enjoyed the whole experience, even though VT lost a close one, and arguably should have won.

I'm in the camp that they should schedule tough opponents. Otherwise, what's the point? I'd rather see VT play at least one tough OOC opponent every year, though I'd prefer not to schedule them for the first game, unless that's really the only way to get them on the schedule. VT usually gets better after the first game or two.
I'd like to schedule Cupcake State as the first game and then have the big OOC game in the next few weeks as well.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on anyone anytime. We are on the cusp of winning these big games. ImA might not care about people respecting us but that is the only way we get to the NCG is with voter respect.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As a season ticket holder i would rather spend my money on OHst, wisc, and the like than austin peay, jmu, etc.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
See above post ima. Show me stats as to why they should not schedule these teams. And in response to #117, I kinda thought we were all homers man ??

Bring on anyone anytime. We are on the cusp of winning these big games. ImA might not care about people respecting us but that is the only way we get to the NCG is with voter respect.

JMU
UAB
Clemson
UVA

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
JMU
UAB
Clemson
UVA

Tech is 6-1 versus JMU, but we shouldn't have lost in 2010. It happened. Move on.

Tech is 3-0 versus UAB.

Tech is 12-19-1 versus Clemson...we had won the last 5 straight before losing 2 this year. With all of the talent Clemson has had over the years why haven't they done better before this past season?

Tech is 51-37-5 versus UVA...we are 12-3 over the last 15 games, winning the last 8 in a row.

What's your point?