• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oatmeal whats the deal

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a billion choices...........whats your favorite?

Also regular outmeal serving is 40g this is plain oatmeal and 150 calories

Yet you get the pre mixed flavors like maple brown sugar and its 34g for like 160 calories.......i guess it could be less than34g actual oatmeal and alot of the weight in sugars.........but just doesnt make sense, the carbs are about the same, but some of the carbs could be sugar ..........ok im done

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a billion choices...........whats your favorite?

Also regular outmeal serving is 40g this is plain oatmeal and 150 calories

Yet you get the pre mixed flavors like maple brown sugar and its 34g for like 160 calories.......i guess it could be less than34g actual oatmeal and alot of the weight in sugars.........but just doesnt make sense, the carbs are about the same, but some of the carbs could be sugar ..........ok im done

There are complex carbs/slow burning and simple carbs/fast burning (sugars, fruits etc...)

List of Common Fast-Acting Carbohydrates for Post-Workout | Healthy Living - azcentral.com

Fast-acting carbohydrates, also called simple carbohydrates, are easy to digest and supply you with a lot of energy very quickly. Simple carbs consist of disaccharides and monosaccharides -- the smallest units of sugar -- and are mostly found in refined grain products, fruits and dairy.

List of Slow Digesting Carbs

Complex carbohydrates (called polysaccharides) digest slowly, letting you keep an excellent energy balance. Polysaccharide are starchy carbohydrates that are present in a lot of grains, vegetables and legumes.

Oatmeal is a complex carb, and pretty much the best resource for healthy carbs you can get. The already made stuff is loaded with sugar. Get the real deal:

quaker-oats.jpg

or I also like Malto-Meal

images

Oatmeal is one of the best foods you can eat. Just use the real stuff and add your own sugar. I like a little drop of brown sugar and tiny pat of butter in mine.

Beats the crap out of those retarded 5 hour energy drink things.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frequently make oatmeal for myself and my son on cold mornings. I like to chop up a Granny Smith apple and put it into the boiling water for about a minute before adding the oats. Serve with a little brown sugar and cinnamon. Very tasty, healthy, and cheap breakfast to keep one full till lunch time.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like mine with honey, a splash of milk, chopped almonds, walnuts or pecans and sometimes dried cranberries. I try to avoid adding sugar because I already use too much in my coffee. Do yourself a favor though and avoid the instant/flavored varieties. Like Rob said, they are usually loaded with sugar & salt. I prefer the texture of steel cut but it's a little too coarse for some people.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are complex carbs/slow burning and simple carbs/fast burning (sugars, fruits etc...)

List of Common Fast-Acting Carbohydrates for Post-Workout | Healthy Living - azcentral.com

Fast-acting carbohydrates, also called simple carbohydrates, are easy to digest and supply you with a lot of energy very quickly. Simple carbs consist of disaccharides and monosaccharides -- the smallest units of sugar -- and are mostly found in refined grain products, fruits and dairy.

List of Slow Digesting Carbs

Complex carbohydrates (called polysaccharides) digest slowly, letting you keep an excellent energy balance. Polysaccharide are starchy carbohydrates that are present in a lot of grains, vegetables and legumes.

Oatmeal is a complex carb, and pretty much the best resource for healthy carbs you can get. The already made stuff is loaded with sugar. Get the real deal:

quaker-oats.jpg

or I also like Malto-Meal

images

Oatmeal is one of the best foods you can eat. Just use the real stuff and add your own sugar. I like a little drop of brown sugar and tiny pat of butter in mine.

Beats the crap out of those retarded 5 hour energy drink things.

funny that some of the quick carbs are listed on the slow carbs site

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could get Steel cut oats they are great and you can make a batch that can last a few days.

They do have quick steel cut oats also.
Watch this video they have a bunch of great ideas:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been doing steel cut oats

cinnamon
vanilla extract
apples

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a pretty big fan of this stuff...

30000018200.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've lost almost 30 lbs and oatmeal is a big part of why! I don't eat til about noon after exercising vigorously in the morning and then eat a big bowl of oatmeal, adding brown sugar, coconut cream and chia seeds. Drink a ton of water with it then wait and drink about 20 oz. of water again in 90 minutes and I swear you're full til 6pm.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been doing steel cut oats

cinnamon
vanilla extract
apples

That shit is great for you, man. Keep it up. Do like me and add coconut oil and chia seeds! :suds:

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other option...

oatmeal
milk
yogurt

Mix em together in a bowl before you go to sleep, leave it in the fridge, the oats soften overnight and it's edible right out of the fridge when you wake up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other option...

oatmeal
milk
yogurt

Mix em together in a bowl before you go to sleep, leave it in the fridge, the oats soften overnight and it's edible right out of the fridge when you wake up.

ive done some variations of the overnight oats, its very good , just doesnt work with steel cut oats......they dont absorb

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive done some variations of the overnight oats, its very good , just doesnt work with steel cut oats......they dont absorb

ah... then I don't believe I've ever had the steel cut oats. I've been using Quaker Old Fashioned.

I'll have to try them out

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh problem is i hatttttttte coconut

That's so strange to me. I know other people that way and I just can't imagine why anyone would hate it.

That said, if you add a little bit of the coconut oil (I misspoke and called it 'cream') you'll never know it's there. When mixed in, it's completely tasteless. That shit is really, really good for you. Try it.