• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Not looking good for 2020 season.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For about 5 seconds I got excited. Then I quickly realized the chances are slim that we even get a season

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are going to have a season... covid ain't stopping this train. MLS, and soon NBA and MLB games without fans (or very little) will make everyone ok about CFB happening in September

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For about 5 seconds I got excited. Then I quickly realized the chances are slim that we even get a season

Looks like Alabama AD shot this rumor down, does look like they are talking to BYU.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Alabama AD shot this rumor down, does look like they are talking to BYU.
I was hoping for big name matchups but it looks as if it will be easy wins. I hope LSU vs Texas stays but I just have an eery feeling that Texas will replace it with Rice and LSU will replace it with Shreveport St.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I watched the Footie Game between West Coast Eagles and Fremantle from Perth, AUS this morning. They had their largest sporting crowd in the country since Covid 19 restrictions - with 30,000 estimated and only one masked person that I saw. Of course, they hunkered down to stop the spread. So, it can be done, but an effort needs to be put forth first.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sqjvx6g.jpg

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
email came out that DKR will be at 50% capacity:

Texas Athletics is currently preparing for the 2020 Texas Football season to begin on Sept. 5 against USF. We are so excited for a homecoming at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium and can’t wait to see y’all! I want you to know that as we are working toward hosting football games this season, our number one priority remains the health and safety of our student-athletes, staff and fans.

As we continue to work closely with the Governor’s office and follow state guidelines for social distancing, we anticipate seating at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium to be at a reduced capacity. As of today, capacity is limited to 50 percent. This has several important effects that I would like to share:

1. At 50 percent capacity, we anticipate being able to offer all season ticket holders an opportunity for season tickets. Each season ticket holder will be allocated season tickets up to their respective Texas-OU priority limit for each home competition.
  2. There will be a reseating process for the 2020 season only. We are doing our best to place all season ticket holders as close to their usual seats as possible. You will not lose your Loyalty Point status or current seating location for 2021.
  3. If you opt out of season tickets for the 2020 Texas Football season*, you will not lose your Loyalty Point status or current seating location for 2021.
* Please note: if you choose to opt out of your 2020 Texas Football season tickets, you may convert the ticket cost and seat-related gift into a 100% tax-deductible donation to the Longhorn Foundation, into a credit toward the 2021 season, or you may request a full refund. When you convert your payments into a gift, you will receive 10 loyalty points for every $100 you give (normally 2 points per $100 for seat-related gifts).

I cannot thank you, our loyal and dedicated Texas fans, enough for your support. Your investment in our programs is invaluable, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you.

To help us provide the best gameday experience at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium this fall, we would greatly appreciate you sharing your current feelings about attending 2020 Texas Football home games. Please respond to this survey on or before July 24, 2020, and a Texas Athletics staff member will reach out to you to discuss your responses in further detail.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“There’s got to be a breakthrough to play football,” said a Group of Five coach. “Realistically, it’s got to be treatment, vaccine or testing. It’s got to be accuracy of testing. To do it right, you have to be able to sweat on each other, blow your nose and pull your mouthpiece in and out at least 100 times a practice.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"projecting 3-7 deaths" So assuming that this and only this projection turns out to be accurate and not at all inflated.

3 - 7 deaths (lets face it 3 is probably closer to correct, if that).... out of 13,000 ? That seems like an acceptable ratio to me, considering that any fit 20 year old would have to have had an extreme comorbidity already for this virus to affect him to that extent.

Are we really saying the risk has to be zero out of 13,000? Where else in life do you get zero risk?

My mortality rate in the 43-year old healthy male category if I get this thing is .04% (4 in 10,0000). How much lower is it for healthy 20 year olds?

The season should be played as scheduled and it's not even close.
I don’t know. People tend to get all touchy and sensitive when you want to add unnecessary risk (of death) for 18-22 year olds just so you don’t have to have to feel inconvenienced regarding your entertainment options.

Crazy, I know...

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. People tend to get all touchy and sensitive when you want to add unnecessary risk (of death) for 18-22 year olds just so you don’t have to have to feel inconvenienced regarding your entertainment options.

Crazy, I know...

You tow the party line well. But obviously it’s hardly just about me watching games. Hell my life would probably net positive if I didn’t spend 3 to 6 hours per weekend watching college football and instead did something else with my time.

But then there’s the millions to the local economies, the disruption to the careers of the student athletes themselves. All over a statistical nothingburger that covid is to healthy 20 year olds. As with everything these days, politics dominates over common sense. Again I really don’t give much of a damn about this issue from a personal standpoint. Over the years I’ve given up all the inferior sports like professional football, basketball, and golf. This would be one more.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crazy, I know...
Make them sign waivers. They know the risks, it’s their free will to play or not. Boom.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully no players have any underling health problems

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose my Iowa State season ticket seat location today. If they play, I will go and mask. I want to enjoy this Big Xii Championship season!