• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No respect...Yet KU and UK are being sucked by Dickey V?

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-0 and espn is still loading their web with why Duke is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
EFF the experts. Just like Alabama this year in football, ARIZONA is #1 until someone can beat us!
Talk all the crap you want but ARIZONA is #1 until you DV suckers can find a team to beat ARIZONA.

:yahoo:GO CATS! BEAR DOWN! BEAT NAU!:yahoo:

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga, Colorado, Oregon and, San Diego St. should all be ranked above the puke.
Is it East coast bias? A blind man told me that was true.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's dick vitale so that's not surprising. I'm glad he doesn't believe in AZ. Arizona fans don't even like him and neither does the west coast. Vitale is a nobody and the only people that like him are the clowns at the Eastern Sports Propaganda Network. His commentary is atrocious and so is his love affair for duke, unc and kentucky.

BTW I knew ucla was a pretender. The only true contenders for the league are Oregon and Colorado. Also Stanford is a legit opponent. I pick them ahead of ucla. Ucla will berly make it into the tournament. Utah is the biggest pretender in the league. There non conference schedual is sickning to look at.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN had a "West Coast Bias" segment during the halftime of UCLA Duke. My question is why do you have to have a specific segment to talk about West Coast basketball? Probably because every other segment is spent stroking the shafts of Duke, UK, UNC, etc.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN had a "West Coast Bias" segment during the halftime of UCLA Duke. My question is why do you have to have a specific segment to talk about West Coast basketball? Probably because every other segment is spent stroking the shafts of Duke, UK, UNC, etc.

:agree:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-0 and espn is still loading their web with why Duke is the greatest thing since sliced bread. 12-0 and espn is still loading their web with why Duke is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
EFF the experts. Just like Alabama this year in football, ARIZONA is #1 until someone can beat us!
Talk all the crap you want but ARIZONA is #1 until you DV suckers can find a team to beat ARIZONA.

I have posted about this hundreds of times... but here goes another

Duke was talked about as being the "greatest thing since sliced bread" yesterday because... why? Because they are? No, because they had a primetime game on ESPN. You guys need to stop looking at ESPN's articles as reporting, because they have not been a news network for nearly two decades. They are a hype machine, built on corporate synergy and constructed for one simple reason: to make Mickey Mouse fat. Their only goal is to get as many casual eyeballs on the tv screen watching their programming as possible. If Duke is playing on ESPN, regardless of what their record is, they are going to get lots of Disney hype. It is not a new thing. 75% of the televisions in this country are on the East coast. Duke is on the East coast. Pretty simple, really.

The Michigan/Arizona game was on CBS, not on ABC/Disney. In fact, the last game that Disney/ESPN/ABC broadcast of the UofA was the UNLV game... and the next Cats game that ESPN has the rights to is not until January 9th when they play the Bruins. In the days leading up to that one you can expect a bunch of front page articles about how great the Cats are, especially considering the fact that they will likely still be undefeated at that point since NAU, UW and WSU at home do not appear to be upset-worthy games.

In the days before the UCLA/Arizona game the Cats will get this same treatment, guaranteed. It's a money thing, not a disrespect thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. also KU and UK are being "sucked by Dickey V" because they are two of the top-5 programs in the history of the sport, and because they have had a lot of success recently. Kansas has played in two national title games in the last 5 years, one runner up and one championship. Kentucky has also been to two final fours and has a national title in the last five years. The same goes for talking about "Alabama being #1 until they get beaten..." well, they were back-to-back national champions and have won 3 of the past 4 BCS title games.

The Final-Four is the measure of a truly successful season. Arizona should have been there a few years ago, should have beaten Connecticut, but a few shots didn't fall and they lost in the Elite Eight. As much as we love Arizona, the fact is, they have not been to a Final Four in over a decade

Think about it like this: The last time that Arizona was in a final four, the current batch of college players were not even 10 years old... the last time Arizona played for a national title? Lebron James was a Sophomore in High School.

I hope that most UofA fans will let up with the we-get-no-respect card, because we are better than that. Let Gonzaga and SDSU fans act that way, act like they've never been there before... because they have, in fact, never been there before. Arizona? We are a proud fanbase, with decades of sustained success. We as Arizona fans should not be banging the "give us more respect" drum, especially when it is related to programs like Kansas and Kentucky.

We should not care if those teams get hyped during the regular season, because they have earned it. Instead, think of it this way: the more hype they get, the more satisfying it will be to beat them in March.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone really take Dickey V seriously anymore? He's like Lou Holtz...it's unclear why he's on TV (not for this pretty face). Entertainment value? The guy is like an annoying cartoon character. He's constantly wrong with everything he says and his bias is one of the most obvious in all of sports. I just turn the volume down when I see him if it's a game that's not on another network.

We are getting the respect we deserve. We are #1!!! In all polls!!! What more do we want? There will always be some people that "hate" on AZ and we should be happy those people are clowns like Dickey V. If it was someone that was respected...that'd be a different story.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it really comes down to it, wins=respect. Anyone who watches CBB knows AZ past, present, and future. And anyone who doesn't know CBB, I couldn't give a shit about. I'm not really worried about it. We should stay in the top 5 all year long, and that proves that we belong to anyone who is insecure enough to believe otherwise. We just need to let our play do the talking, which we are doing.

All I care about is doing well enough to play in the West bracket, win in Anaheim, and punching our ticket to Arlington for a shot at the NC. Other than that, I don't give a shit what anyone says about the Cats. I don't care about the press coverage. I want wins.