• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NLDS: Game 2

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the series is a mere formality now. The Cardinals "ownage" of the Dodgers over the last 30 years is compelling. Good luck to Greinke today.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even get to watch it. Fuck you MLB

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke is earning his paycheck so far tonight.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more or pen time?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do I get some credit now? All year I told you guys we are not built for the playoffs. And I'm just some pessimistic asshole. No, I just know shit when I see it

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do I get some credit now? All year I told you guys we are not built for the playoffs. And I'm just some pessimistic asshole. No, I just know shit when I see it

:L

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope, you don't get any credit. The only thing I see from you is continuously discounting LA. I'm not saying that you have to be optimistic, but you aren't even realistic. All you are doing is putting you foot in your mouth. How about ROOTING FOR THE DODGERS instead of just constantly predicting their exit. It seems like you are extending all of this at this point just to be right.

The Dodgers are where they are right now because they have played their way into it. They deserve to be here as much as anyone else. And yet you, as a Dodger fan, cant seem to do anything but talk shit.

Let me guess, all you are going to do is talk about the bullpen and not hitting with RISP, right? Because that's all you have. Don't worry about the 12 IP of great baseball by the SP, the proven will of the offense, the great defense, or the fact that without that one inning last game, the Cards have been almost completely shut down. No word on their SP vs our SP? Our 3 man rotation vs theirs? Our ability to get hits vs theirs? What about the shakiness of their bullpen? Nope, just keep talking shit.

I think today was a great game. Carpenter is a great hitter. THe only gripe I have is why Donnie let Greinke hit instead of Turner when he just pulled him before a single pitch the next inning. I don't care if he went 2-2 (great job by the way), he squared to bunt, and I have much more faith in Turner. Other than that, great game.

Go Dodgers, and let's play hard in StL. Go Ryu, Go Blue.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp save the day. Ryu does well on rest. Bullpen is a house of horrors. We will need runs in St. Louis.

If w can win game 3, Kewshaw in game 5 would be amazing

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp save the day. Ryu does well on rest. Bullpen is a house of horrors. We will need runs in St. Louis.

If w can win game 3, Kewshaw in game 5 would be amazing

Damn la, you seem a little depressed. So tough for you to give any credit where credit is due, unless it's giving credit to the other team.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, you don't get any credit. The only thing I see from you is continuously discounting LA. I'm not saying that you have to be optimistic, but you aren't even realistic. All you are doing is putting you foot in your mouth. How about ROOTING FOR THE DODGERS instead of just constantly predicting their exit. It seems like you are extending all of this at this point just to be right.

The Dodgers are where they are right now because they have played their way into it. They deserve to be here as much as anyone else. And yet you, as a Dodger fan, cant seem to do anything but talk shit.

Let me guess, all you are going to do is talk about the bullpen and not hitting with RISP, right? Because that's all you have. Don't worry about the 12 IP of great baseball by the SP, the proven will of the offense, the great defense, or the fact that without that one inning last game, the Cards have been almost completely shut down. No word on their SP vs our SP? Our 3 man rotation vs theirs? Our ability to get hits vs theirs? What about the shakiness of their bullpen? Nope, just keep talking shit.

I think today was a great game. Carpenter is a great hitter. THe only gripe I have is why Donnie let Greinke hit instead of Turner when he just pulled him before a single pitch the next inning. I don't care if he went 2-2 (great job by the way), he squared to bunt, and I have much more faith in Turner. Other than that, great game.

Go Dodgers, and let's play hard in StL. Go Ryu, Go Blue.

Great Post! lmao

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger HR: Uribe's in 2013 or Kemp in 2014?

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Greinke came up big in a big game. To bad Kershaw has failed. But I hope he gets another chance to not choke. Howell has lost a lot down the stretch. Velocity is way down. I was hoping he wouldn't make the playoff roster. Even when he's on he tires after 2 batters at the most. To bad Turner can't play the outfield. I would sit Puig. He just keeps swinging at that cutter off the plate. It's a joke. Uribe has to keep off that pitch also.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Greinke came up big in a big game. To bad Kershaw has failed. But I hope he gets another chance to not choke. Howell has lost a lot down the stretch. Velocity is way down. I was hoping he wouldn't make the playoff roster. Even when he's on he tires after 2 batters at the most. To bad Turner can't play the outfield. I would sit Puig. He just keeps swinging at that cutter off the plate. It's a joke. Uribe has to keep off that pitch also.

Can we talk about Greinke's gem? Completely shut down the "invigorated" Cards!!

I agree with you about Howell, too. So far, League (still a little shaky on him, although he did end the season with a 2.57 ERA) and Elbert are the short list of relievers we can count on. Work Howell in with bigger leads and only until he gets behind in the count with a man on. Very short leash. And I'd still stay away from everyone else until Jansen. Hopefully Ryu and Haren can go 6-7 IP with some insurance.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke is an athletic specimen.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger HR: Uribe's in 2013 or Kemp in 2014?

Depends on how Ryu pitches Monday and if the Dodgers win the series. Uribes was a clincher. But if the Dodgers can take one game in St. Louis, I don't see them losing a game 5 Kershaw start and thus Kemps home run is a bigger deal to me. Plus, the Dodgers had one more shot in game 5 had they lost to Atlanta.

Kershaw wants to throw Sunday so he can line up for Game 4. Mattingly says they'll talk about it on the plane. I honestly think it comes down to if they win game 3 or not. If they don't, you might need Kershaw to save the season in game 4. The other question, could Greinke go game 5? Probably because it's four days rest but I imagine the elbow irritation scared the entire organization.

Game by game right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greinke is an athletic specimen.

And heading into this week, Greinke was 2-2 with a 4.38 ERA in the playoffs, and Kershaw was 1-3 with a 4.26 ERA. I guess one start separates an athletic specimen from someone who is not a playoff gamer.

Some serious flaws in your logic, la.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And heading into this week, Greinke was 2-2 with a 4.38 ERA in the playoffs, and Kershaw was 1-3 with a 4.26 ERA. I guess one start separates an athletic specimen from someone who is not a playoff gamer.

Some serious flaws in your logic, la.

I was referring to his plate work, actually. Telling the third base coach he should swing away. Goes the other way with it then scores a run.

Kershaw has pitched some great postseason games. His last two have been significantly poor from a results standpoint. I would go with Kershaw in any game, any time.

I just hope this team can avoid a game of bullpens, because so far the pen has been awful.