• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice start

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's preseason but it was a pleasure to see the team play with passion. The offense and defense were not so damn predictable and having a QB that can hit his WR's is a real nice thing to see.

This is a very young team and will make mistakes but I can live with that as long as we see progress. 44-20 win over Indy, way to go boys.

Go Bills !!!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a very good performance today, all around there was a lot to be happy about from this one

These young receivers we have are all very promising.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hows your defense this season?

pretty good actually, our defensive line is pretty solid, Kiko Alonso is going to be amazing at middle linebacker for us, we also found Jerry Hughes as a rush linebacker, he did nothing with the Colts but he's been good here so far, guess he just didn't fit in there.

secondary is a worry, Gilmore was our only corner that didn't consistently get burned, I think we might find some solutions there though, Jarius Byrd might not play for us so that's a huge loss in the secondary, but we did draft some guys back there, and we have good players at safety.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cherish this win as it will likely be one of the bright spots for the year. This is the Bills. The secondary is going to be brutal. D-Line and pass rush will be much improved. QB will be generally a disaster with some fleeting nice moments. 6-10, aim for the stars!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team without it's #1 WR (Johnson), #1 TE (Chandler), #1 safety (Byrd), and #2 CB (McKelvin), the Bills did pretty well on both sides of the ball. Plenty of room for improvement, and Manuel didn't really progress beyond his first read on any play. Whether that was by design or rookie jitters remains to be seen.

Bills WR depth could really cause some tough decisions on cut-down day, as a lot of guys looked good, including the oft-injured Easley. In the defensive backfield, Brooks got beat on a long TD, but stepped up after that and played well, as did Butler (of course, it was against 2nd teamers by then). The LB corps of Alonso, Bradham, and Lawson really flowed to the ball well and showed a lot of speed doing so. Alonso will make his share of rookie mistakes, but he looked good. Tuel looked like a keeper for depth at QB.

Bills do need to get Byrd back in camp. Adding him to that defensive backfield will really settle things down. Hopefully Kolb gets some solid reps in the next preseason game; I would like to see what he can bring in terms of veteran leadership to the offense.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ Started off rough but he did show a lot of promise. I was impressed with Tuel. I think he maybe a very solid back up for us going forward. Starting defense looked improved but not spectacular. But hey baby steps with the defense. Our special teams still looked pretty good. I like that we finally have some depth. Guys like Easliy and Hogan and Rogers looked good so did some of our back up CBs. Overall it give me hope for the future, for the present though I still think we are going to be bad.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Tuel might be better than EJ. EJ was surrounded by talent in college while Tuel played on one of the most laughable power conference teams in the Nation and still managed to separate himself as a star.

I think EJ didn't progress past a first read on any play because that's about all he's going to be capable of with any consistency. At some point, Bills fans will just accept that when the Bills draft a guy way earlier than anyone else in the NFL thought sane...it's because the Bills are idiots and the guy is a bust...not because the Bills are geniuses and the rest of the NFL are morons.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuel is very good and could be a major diamond in the rough for us, EJ is still the guy going forward for now unless Tuel proves to be undeniably great.

For this year we will struggle but for once the future looks bright.

Wide receiver is going to be a tough position

for now we keep the obvious Johnson, Woods, Goodwin and Graham. Then for the last two keep Da'rick Rogers and Marcus Easley, keep Kaufmann on the practice squad and hope no one poaches him from us, we'll need him on the roster in the likely chance Easley or someone else gets hurt.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Tuel might be better than EJ. EJ was surrounded by talent in college while Tuel played on one of the most laughable power conference teams in the Nation and still managed to separate himself as a star.

I think EJ didn't progress past a first read on any play because that's about all he's going to be capable of with any consistency. At some point, Bills fans will just accept that when the Bills draft a guy way earlier than anyone else in the NFL thought sane...it's because the Bills are idiots and the guy is a bust...not because the Bills are geniuses and the rest of the NFL are morons.

Well they took him early to make sure they got the guy they wanted. EJ was considered to be a high second round pick and did shoot up peoples charts as the draft process went along. So some had him as a late 1st so its not as much of a reach as you might think. We arent talking Flowers, Maybin or Whitner here.

If you believe EJs post game interview he stated that he went though all of his progressions a few times. Im all for not getting too excited because it is the first preseason game but EJ did look good out there after the bumpy start.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I must say EJ Manuel and even Jeff Tuel might just be better than anyone we've had at Qb this past decade, that's not saying too much because we haven't had much for QBs this past decade

but I feel this is the most talented roster we've had in a long time

this year will be a difficult one since most of these guys are young, but going forward we're going to see some amazing benefits, I'm very excited about what we have here.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly hes a guy I wanted the cardinals to grab if he was there in the 3rd he would fit Bruce Arians system perfectly, but I thought he looked pretty good.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hope all the hopeful posters are right. I'm just not seeing it. I don't see how at this point after one preseason game you can say we have better QBs than we have in years. I'm not ready to annoint EJ as superior to Fitzpatrick after one lackluster preseason performance or Tuel after one solid one against backups.

Don't get me wrong...I'm fine with Fitz being gone...but I'm not convinced we have an upgrade over him yet.

The more I look at the schedule, the less daunting it really looks. The Bills have to start fast though. They have 3 of 4 at home to start. Week 1 is NE at home which is great...Pats may take a few weeks to gel and you want them early. Panthers at home Week 2. Jets on the road and then Browns on the road in Week 5 (always a classic).

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kolb is helping EJ Manuel seal up the starting QB job.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kolb is helping EJ Manuel seal up the starting QB job.

indeed sir

didn't hurt that Manuel had a good passing performance, though against 2nd stringers

I would be surprised if Manuel didn't start next week

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
indeed sir

didn't hurt that Manuel had a good passing performance, though against 2nd stringers

I would be surprised if Manuel didn't start next week

Don't forget the Bills also had their two top receivers out. I say no more QB competition, give it to EJ he's earned it. In the second half the Bills had two drive starts very deep in their own zone and EJ showed the poise of a veteran. He should be the starter.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Manuel just got hurt for the rest of the preseason

that likely ends his hopes of beginning the season as the starter :L

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, maybe not. Sounds like it is just arthroscopic, so a few weeks recovery time is normal. It all depends on how careful they are with him.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there might be a shot Tuel outplays Kolb and he can actually start the season. If Kolb struggles again and Tuel plays like he has all preseason I would go with him week 1 if Manuel cant go. I think it might work. Tuel is young enough where he doesnt realize he is suppose to struggle cause he is an UFA. He is just out there having fun.