• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFLPA ranks patriots low for treatment of families

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with perks, is that not everyone has the need or can use them.

On Fridays, Google has an open bar if you Uber home you can drink all day.
What if there are employees who don't drink alcohol? So what do they do? Work instead of drink?

The company I work for now, buys all cold weather gear for working outside in the winter. All gloves. All jackets. Hats. Shirts. Pants. Boots every year. Rain coats.
OSHA requires any company that exposes employees to adverse hazards to provide protection. I know, I'm a certified OSHA 10/30 Hour Instructor and worked with and did inspections for OSHA. Not knowing or not doing it doesn't just cost monetary fines, the company managers can also be charged with criminal neglect, which is a felony. It ain't a perk, it's upper management protecting their asses.

I agree that companies provide perks to entice more and better employees. My nephew owns an Engineering company. He offers fully paid health insurance, dental, vision and rebates anyone who has to pay for daycare. You know how hard it is to get anyone to come to your house and agree to accept an hourly or weekly wage and have it documented? On the other side, not all daycares will give you a receipt for payment, so you have write a check or use Paypal or some other form of payment that allows you to track it electronically. He's had to up the first year vacation benefits and PTO and because of demands, doesn't allow vacation or PTO to be carried over from year to year. He's giving serious consideration to selling the company because the overhead and constant bitching about benefits is making ownership such a pain in the ass.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least now we know you are enabling the coddling makes sense now that I see that.
How's that? I'm just presenting you with the facts. You are shooting at the messenger for no apparent reason.
You can call it what ever you want, paint the picture however you want. I am pretty damn sure these dudes won't walk of the job and give up the paycheck if babysitting services are not provided.
No. but it might influence where a person signs as a FA.
I know I would look at all benefits and weigh them against any other pro's and cons.

For instance, my company offered to send me to either Brownsville Texas or British Columbia Canada with travel back and forth to Tennessee
I looked at Brownsville;
Pros:
In the US, no passport or customs to deal with on both ends.
Can carry a handgun (have reciprocal permit).
Love Mexican Food.
Never been to Mexico, it's close.
Mild Winters.
Cons:
Cockroaches and Scorpions
Brutal summers
Less chance to get stuck in Texas
Dense population of Texans, and immigration.
Cartels
Traffic congestion.

BC
Pros:
BEAUTIFUL part of the world.
Mild Summers
Sparsely populated.
Great roads for a summer Sunday drive.

Cons:
Remote site - very remote.
Limited housing availability.
No chance of having firearms
Real chance of becoming stranded in Canada due to weather delays closing roads or airports.
Chance of seclusion in remote mountains.
No seafood.
Grizzly bears LOL.

I ended up not going to either location. But I weighed every aspect.

If I was an NFL FA, you're damn right, I would throw every pro and con onto a list and see what tipped the scale.
Taxes, local foods, local crime, Pay, things for my family to do, local education, ease of commuting, local hospitals etc etc etc
Would free daycare sway my decision? At my payscale? Hell yes. If I had Tom's money? Probably not. If I was and UDFA getting a practice squad paycheck of what...$200k per year...yeah, it might make a difference. I know last time I paid, daycare was $175/week for my two kids. Afterschool care for my daughter was $125 a week. That's a car payment. For a nice fucking car.

Health Insurance, free boots, free beer.
Back in the day mom stayed home all day and drove a Pinto - if she was lucky - while dad went to work and drove an LTD.

Brougham.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with perks, is that not everyone has the need or can use them.
Fact.
What if there are employees who don't drink alcohol? So what do they do? Work instead of drink?
I never got that far with my discussions with my ex coworker.
The company I work for now, buys all cold weather gear for working outside in the winter. All gloves. All jackets. Hats. Shirts. Pants. Boots every year. Rain coats.
OSHA requires any company that exposes employees to adverse hazards to provide protection. I know, I'm a certified OSHA 10/30 Hour Instructor and worked with and did inspections for OSHA. Not knowing or not doing it doesn't just cost monetary fines, the company managers can also be charged with criminal neglect, which is a felony. It ain't a perk, it's upper management protecting their asses.
I know that. I am the project Health and Safety Manager. We have been 16 years and 2 days without an incident including frostbite and hypothermia. My point is it wasn't always that way. You get a job working outside, you bring a coat for the cold days or shut the fuck up and quit shivering.
I agree that companies provide perks to entice more and better employees. My nephew owns an Engineering company. He offers fully paid health insurance, dental, vision and rebates anyone who has to pay for daycare. You know how hard it is to get anyone to come to your house and agree to accept an hourly or weekly wage and have it documented? On the other side, not all daycares will give you a receipt for payment, so you have write a check or use Paypal or some other form of payment that allows you to track it electronically. He's had to up the first year vacation benefits and PTO and because of demands, doesn't allow vacation or PTO to be carried over from year to year. He's giving serious consideration to selling the company because the overhead and constant bitching about benefits is making ownership such a pain in the ass.
That's cool.
QUALITY daycare is a very difficult thing to find.
As in providers that interact in a learning environment with the children and do not just place them in from of a TV or expose them to their cousin "Uncle Perv" who's awaiting trial etc etc etc.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that? I'm just presenting you with the facts. You are shooting at the messenger for no apparent reason.

No. but it might influence where a person signs as a FA.
I know I would look at all benefits and weigh them against any other pro's and cons.

For instance, my company offered to send me to either Brownsville Texas or British Columbia Canada with travel back and forth to Tennessee
I looked at Brownsville;
Pros:
In the US, no passport or customs to deal with on both ends.
Can carry a handgun (have reciprocal permit).
Love Mexican Food.
Never been to Mexico, it's close.
Mild Winters.
Cons:
Cockroaches and Scorpions
Brutal summers
Less chance to get stuck in Texas
Dense population of Texans, and immigration.
Cartels
Traffic congestion.

BC
Pros:
BEAUTIFUL part of the world.
Mild Summers
Sparsely populated.
Great roads for a summer Sunday drive.

Cons:
Remote site - very remote.
Limited housing availability.
No chance of having firearms
Real chance of becoming stranded in Canada due to weather delays closing roads or airports.
Chance of seclusion in remote mountains.
No seafood.
Grizzly bears LOL.

I ended up not going to either location. But I weighed every aspect.

If I was an NFL FA, you're damn right, I would throw every pro and con onto a list and see what tipped the scale.
Taxes, local foods, local crime, Pay, things for my family to do, local education, ease of commuting, local hospitals etc etc etc
Would free daycare sway my decision? At my payscale? Hell yes. If I had Tom's money? Probably not. If I was and UDFA getting a practice squad paycheck of what...$200k per year...yeah, it might make a difference. I know last time I paid, daycare was $175/week for my two kids. Afterschool care for my daughter was $125 a week. That's a car payment. For a nice fucking car.

Health Insurance, free boots, free beer.
Back in the day mom stayed home all day and drove a Pinto - if she was lucky - while dad went to work and drove an LTD.

Brougham.
Ohh Jesus. Players always chase the money, I can just hear it now. "Hey honey the Pats are offering 22 mil a year but don't have daycare, the Phins 19 mil a year but they have daycare, what do you think we should do?"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh Jesus. Players always chase the money, I can just hear it now. "Hey honey the Pats are offering 22 mil a year but don't have daycare, the Phins 19 mil a year but they have daycare, what do you think we should do?"
Choose Florida and live closer to Ken?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, spare me the horse shit. Now your only being obstinate.

It's A benefit, not the only benefit.

Smart Ass Butthead GIF

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, spare me the horse shit. Now your only being obstinate.

It's A benefit, not the only benefit.

Smart Ass Butthead GIF
Well it seems someone has a knot in their diaper. It was a legit point that you got bent out of shape over. The point which I assume you missed, is that players chase money always have always will. No player will turn down a larger contract for fucking daycare.

You tried to drag other businesses into this and that's the point that was never relevant. We were talking about the NFL, not MLB, NBA your work, google etc. We are talking about employee's that make a lot of money, that you want to have day care while the entry level team stock boy at the Pats museum cannot get that and needs more help then the diva's you so vehemently defend. Which is exactly why I referred to it as coddling?

If there is a dumbass here it's the person I am replying to.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it seems someone has a knot in their diaper.
Yeah, you.
It was a legit point that you got bent out of shape over. The point which I assume you missed, is that players chase money always have always will. No player will turn down a larger contract for fucking daycare.
The point I have made that continue to look around is all other things being equal Childcare may be a welcome benefit especially for those on the low end of the NFL pay scale
You tried to drag other businesses into this and that's the point that was never relevant. We were talking about the NFL, not MLB, NBA your work, google etc. We are talking about employee's that make a lot of money, that you want to have day care while the entry level team stock boy at the Pats museum cannot get that and needs more help then the diva's you so vehemently defend. Which is exactly why I referred to it as coddling?
I have specifically stated they rookies and practice squad members repeatedly. Not the superstars and diva's, hence why I referenced other businesses that may have comparable wages. But you can't seem to read that or comprehend what you read...so with that in mind...
If there is a dumbass here it's the person I am replying to.
If you see a dumbass...LOOK AWAY FROM THE MIRROR.

Oh yeah. In closing. I always know when Reb feels he is losing a debate. It's when he starts digging out his insults.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a meme somewhere that sums up my feelings.
michaeljordanfuckthemkids.jpg
There it is.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you.

The point I have made that continue to look around is all other things being equal Childcare may be a welcome benefit especially for those on the low end of the NFL pay scale

I have specifically stated they rookies and practice squad members repeatedly. Not the superstars and diva's, hence why I referenced other businesses that may have comparable wages. But you can't seem to read that or comprehend what you read...so with that in mind...

If you see a dumbass...LOOK AWAY FROM THE MIRROR.

Oh yeah. In closing. I always know when Reb feels he is losing a debate. It's when he starts digging out his insults.
LMAO Now it's all other things being equal. Okay yeah that happens all the time in the NFL both teams offer 19 ,mil for four years. Oyyyy

And who started with the insults? You have lost your mind today bro, but hey be wrong I am okay with it. In the end it's all personal opinion.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Now it's all other things being equal. Okay yeah that happens all the time in the NFL both teams offer 19 ,mil for four years. Oyyyy

And who started with the insults? You have lost your mind today bro, but hey be wrong I am okay with it. In the end it's all personal opinion.
Halloween Lol GIF by giphystudios2021

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a kind of story that screams offseason. Who the F cares really about this stuff? I don’t. Sorry if anyone is offended
:)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...wow...color me shocked.
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Buc's charge $90 per child.
Chargers $75 first child $50 for each after that.

An electrician that used to work here got offered a job as an electrical inspector at the new Google Facility here in town. Huge money $200k a year.

You know what that is...???

It's coddling people who can afford to buy their own beer.

Guess what...

That's coddling people who can afford to buy their own clothes.

Companies are trying to come up with benefits that their employees want and find useful in order to gain an advantage. It's called forward thinking. I applaud forward thinking.
The big difference is they're trying to attract employees. NFL players are just hoping to be on a team. The NFL owners don't have to coddle the masses.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. One thing that detracts players from signing in California, New York or Massachusetts are state income and sales tax. Add in federal taxes and you could be looking at a 40-45% hit. I wasn't joking when I said that if Kraft wants to build a new stadium, he should build it in New Hampshire. 75 miles north of Foxboro is Manchester. There is several thousand available acres to build. Route 95 on the coast connects Maine, Mass and CT. Route 93 is 55 miles of 70 mph highway from Coos County in the north to the 95 connect in MA. Route 89 , another 70 mph highway runs from Burlington, VT to 93 in Concord. No income or sales taxes. Property taxes are a bit high but hardly noticeable. Business taxes are a straight 8%, about 27% lower than MA. NH is about 10% colder in the winter but who gives a shit of it's a domed stadium?

Only thing that holds up expansion north is the "Boston" connection. Hell, if I owned the Patriots, Celtics, Bruins or Red Sox, it would take me about 30 seconds to get the hell out of Massachusetts.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck em. Their problem if they don’t drink. I put them in the same category as vegans who bitch when the boss buys everybody lunch and they want special treatment.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck em. Their problem if they don’t drink. I put them in the same category as vegans who bitch when the boss buys everybody lunch and they want special treatment.
Maybe it's me but being given a gift I will never use doesn't seem like anything that I'd celebrate. If the boss promises me lunch and then delivers something I won't eat I'll just end up being hungry.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's me but being given a gift I will never use doesn't seem like anything that I'd celebrate.

Cool but are you in favor of crapping on everybody else’s celebration because you don’t want to partake?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool but are you in favor of crapping on everybody else’s celebration because you don’t want to partake?
You're the one who wants to "fuck" people who don't drink.