• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL releases new COVID protocols

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chart summarizing the differences for vaccinated and unvaccinated players in this article:

Some of the differences include unvaccinated players being required to wear masks, get tested daily, and not allowed to eat or travel with the rest of the team.

I disagree with Cole Beasley's take on this. The NFL is just taking steps to "encourage" players to get vaccinated. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone who chooses to remain unvaccinated has recognize that actions have consequences.

It's the best way for the NFL to get back to normal. By refusing to get a vaccine he's forcing his choice onto the rest of the league who will either have to keep all these protocols in place just for little Cole or let him retire.

With enough people vaccinated that wouldn't be needed. It's the same issue colleges are facing. One will allow for a modicum of normalcy and interaction among people in a college setting and one doesn't.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If when you were a baby & your parents didnt have you get a vaccine then. No one knows if you had that vaccine. Nor do you have to disclose that.
Outside of us living in a world right now where people want you to do what they want vs. what is your right. How is any of this different?

Almost all states require proof of vaccinations before students can attend public school. Your argument is full of holes.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Springsteen can demand that not only do you need to be vaccinated to see him perform but it must be a Springsteen approved brand then the NFL can demand it's players get vaccinated. Nobody has to watch Springsteen or play in the NFL.

:dingdingding:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suppose the long term effects of these drugs are like CTE and otherwise straight living guys like Junior Sean or Ken Stabler are left to rot like vegetables in nursing homes?

And this is why we have the problem we have with vaccine acceptance. Too many people spreading bullshit such as this.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why we have the problem we have with vaccine acceptance. Too many people spreading bullshit such as this.
It's not bullshit, when it is possible this vaccine brings long-term side effects.

No one should be forced to take any vaccine, especially one so new to the market.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bullshit, when it is possible this vaccine brings long-term side effects.

No one should be forced to take any vaccine, especially one so new to the market.

No one in the NFL is being forced to take a vaccine.

Additionally, no one in the US is being forced to take the vaccine.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the election had gone the other way last November, would you still feel the same way about those who don't trust this crop of shots? I was looking forward to a vaccine to put this all behind us, but after looking at the reports and realizing how this was rushed through by two administrations, how can anyone claim it's political? I don't want these untested shots under Biden, and I wouldn't want them under Trump either.

I have taken all my recommend shots since I was born 74 years ago. I've had measles and was exposed to polio before we had the Salk vaccine. I generally get a flu shot every year. I'm usually only reminded of it when the bandaid falls off in the shower.

No, I don't trust the current crop of mRNA shots. This is new technology, at least for human injections. It has NOT had the benefit of testing vaccines have traditionally been subjected to. So, excuse me if I wait a while. The NovaVax vaccine is more old-school, and when that's released I might actually get it, mostly to avoid the hell the government and the sheeple are putting people through over getting vaccinated.

I'd feel the exact same way, because the president has zero to do with the shot. Had he won, I wouldn't think that big bad orange man is going to poison me with a fake vaccine because I didn't vote for him.

I had virtually no side effects from getting the shot aside from some chills after the second dose that lasted less than 12 hours.

If in 6 months, the vaccine somehow kills me, I'll have plenty of company.

And Sheeple? Forgive me if I think that not getting COVID and getting the economy restarted is important.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But too many out there are crying about those who choose not too.

Just look at this thread.

Nobody is crying about it. Just calling those who don't want to reverse this virus (short of actually getting it) out over it. If you're too gutless to get a vaccine that 2/3rds of the country has taken with no significant issues, just own it.

Don't be like Cole Beasley say "I didn't feel like it", then turn around and bitch about the consequences. Or call those who are actually reversing the curve by having the miniscule amount of guts to take a needle in the arm "Sheeple".

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel the exact same way, because the president has zero to do with the shot. Had he won, I wouldn't think that big bad orange man is going to poison me with a fake vaccine because I didn't vote for him.

I had virtually no side effects from getting the shot aside from some chills after the second dose that lasted less than 12 hours.

If in 6 months, the vaccine somehow kills me, I'll have plenty of company.

And Sheeple? Forgive me if I think that not getting COVID and getting the economy restarted is important.

Yes the word "sheeple" only confirms that you are talking to an asshole.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suggesting the long term effects could be similar to CTE is such a reach it had to be commented on. I'm certainly glad my parents did not question the polio vaccine when I was a kid. I'm certainly glad you were not one of my parents.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is crying about it. Just calling those who don't want to reverse this virus (short of actually getting it) out over it. If you're too gutless to get a vaccine that 2/3rds of the country has taken with no significant issues, just own it.

Don't be like Cole Beasley say "I didn't feel like it", then turn around and bitch about the consequences. Or call those who are actually reversing the curve by having the miniscule amount of guts to take a needle in the arm "Sheeple".
Suggesting the long term effects could be similar to CTE is such a reach it had to be commented on. I'm certainly glad my parents did not question the polio vaccine when I was a kid. I'm certainly glad you were not one of my parents.
Great posts by VikingsFan and Darrell Green Fan.

The only person "crying" here is Cole Beasley. He is the one who is whining about the NFL's new covid19 protocols, and making idiotic statements in the process.

If Beasley had a medical excuse, I can understand that. But that's not what he is arguing.

There's absolutely no evidence that vaccines have harmful long-term effects on the body. In fact, any negatives would be counter-balanced by the positive effects. You don't have to worry about polio or small pox. We live in a very troubling society where people don't actually believe in science and continue to sabotage getting the country back to normal again.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preach John Stamos GIF by Fuller House

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if its not a bulletproof vaccine... If it gives me any type of advantage over a deadly virus and aids me to live without as much fear of transmitting it to my children or high risk relatives... Then you take it no questions asked.

Helping reverse this virus and get our economies back on their feet is an added benefit.

If the NFLPA didn't allow the players to vote on it then Cole's bitching has a little more merit. But standing on his soapbox like he is makes him look like a complete asshole. Take it up with your player-reps.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the election had gone the other way last November, would you still feel the same way about those who don't trust this crop of shots? I was looking forward to a vaccine to put this all behind us, but after looking at the reports and realizing how this was rushed through by two administrations, how can anyone claim it's political? I don't want these untested shots under Biden, and I wouldn't want them under Trump either.

I have taken all my recommend shots since I was born 74 years ago. I've had measles and was exposed to polio before we had the Salk vaccine. I generally get a flu shot every year. I'm usually only reminded of it when the bandaid falls off in the shower.

No, I don't trust the current crop of mRNA shots. This is new technology, at least for human injections. It has NOT had the benefit of testing vaccines have traditionally been subjected to. So, excuse me if I wait a while. The NovaVax vaccine is more old-school, and when that's released I might actually get it, mostly to avoid the hell the government and the sheeple are putting people through over getting vaccinated.
E4WVG1GXIAcPEWk

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't suggest effects similar to anything, I said we don't know if there is long term effects.

I think every person has to weigh the good vs bad in their mind, and make a decision on what they think, not what you and I think.

Truth is I don't agree with anti vaxers not vaccinating their children, but it's their choice, and I don't complain about them.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't suggest effects similar to anything, I said we don't know if there is long term effects.

I think every person has to weigh the good vs bad in their mind, and make a decision on what they think, not what you and I think.

Truth is I don't agree with anti vaxers not vaccinating their children, but it's their choice, and I don't complain about them.

Well you certainly implied it. @Debbie Does most definitely did suggest it could with the question: "Suppose the long term effects of these drugs are like CTE and otherwise straight living guys like Junior Sean or Ken Stabler are left to rot like vegetables in nursing homes?". And that is what I was commenting on. The fact that you lead your response to my post with 'it's not bullshit, when it is possible this vaccine brings long-term side effects" indicates you too felt it was possible to have symptoms similar to CTE.

Last edited:

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Them not vaccinating their children from measles doesn't affect us. All children have to be vaccinated to go to any school.

Someone not being vaccinated from COVID definitely does affect others. If my nephew hasn't had his vaccine because he's 12 and you've had your son/grandson/great-grandson (not sure how old you are) carrying around some of your COVID to my nephew and the rest of the team, I'm definitely going to start something with you.

You say the good vs. the bad, what has been bad? People are getting back to normal. The vaccine isn't causing massive brain hemorrhaging in every 300th case. It's like you're rolling a 10 million sided dice (dye?) and you just can't roll a 76. I think you'll be alright.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them not vaccinating their children from measles doesn't affect us. All children have to be vaccinated to go to any school.

Someone not being vaccinated from COVID definitely does affect others. If my nephew hasn't had his vaccine because he's 12 and you've had your son/grandson/great-grandson (not sure how old you are) carrying around some of your COVID to my nephew and the rest of the team, I'm definitely going to start something with you.

You say the good vs. the bad, what has been bad? People are getting back to normal. The vaccine isn't causing massive brain hemorrhaging in every 300th case. It's like you're rolling a 10 million sided dice (dye?) and you just can't roll a 76. I think you'll be alright.
I get all that, but last I checked this is still a free country and individuals are allowed to make individual decisions regardless what you think.