• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL refs still suck

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right but look at the penalties for and against the eagles this year. It is mind blowing.
It's not how many you get, it's when you get them.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually surprises me how much they get right.. especially wrt to spotting the ball. The only way to improve it is to make everything reviewable and not limit the reviews. There's no stockpile of people somewhere who would be "better" refs.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually surprises me how much they get right.. especially wrt to spotting the ball. The only way to improve it is to make everything reviewable and not limit the reviews. There's no stockpile of people somewhere who would be "better" refs.
With todays technology there is no excuse to get anything wrong. NFL makes shitpiles of money and can afford to do whatever needs to be done to assure accuracy. They dont want that. They want drama.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it could improve if the refs didn’t throw so many flags, let ‘em play. Seems refs are trigger happy with the flags, like they can’t wait to throw one, sorta like PE.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it could improve if the refs didn’t throw so many flags, let ‘em play. Seems refs are trigger happy with the flags, like they can’t wait to throw one, sorta like PE.
well...the NFL I've come to know will certainly over react by doing their very best to over correct. Might get a little ugly for the best team in football.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also
TV DRIVES THIS SHIP

now all broadcasts have a guy to explain this crap.

I usually find those explanations less than satisfactory. Especially because they do not overturn anything if required. They just leave you sitting there with a long face saying well there was another fuck up.

As I said, before rugby handles these things so much better. You hear everything the refs are discussing with each other and what their interpretation is. Not some zebra under a tent staring at a little 10 inch screen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more rope you give NFL coaches, the more they will take advantage. Offensive holding already happens on nearly every play, as does illegal contact beyond 5 yards, etc. It's not all by error, much of it is by design. Do all you can to push the rules to your advantage. Somehow gripping the chest plate of the pass rusher isn't holding these days. Give the OL paddle mittens so that they can't hold if they tried, other than hugging/tackling.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...the NFL I've come to know will certainly over react by doing their very best to over correct. Might get a little ugly for the best team in football.

I'm not so sure. They'll give plenty of lip service to fixing a problem, then hope you don't notice when there is no productive follow-through.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MNF game tonight is absolute proof the league needs to reign in the refs. I’ve never seen such garbage, my 125-year old dead grandma could be do a better job. May she RIP.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MNF game tonight is absolute proof the league needs to reign in the refs. I’ve never seen such garbage, my 125-year old dead grandma could be do a better job. May she RIP.

Umm, it's Thursday.