• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL 'Race Norming'

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The binary scoring system used in dementia testing — one for Black people, one for everyone else — was developed by neurologists in the 1990s as a crude way to factor in a patient's socioeconomic background. Experts say it was never meant to be used to determine payouts in a court settlement.

The league had agreed in June, amid the uproar, to halt the use of race-norming, which assumes Black players start with lower cognitive function. That makes it harder to show they suffer from a mental deficit linked to their playing days.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe this when it first came out.
I mean WTF was the union thinking ok'ing this?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this whole movement has gone too far, but I 100% agree. This rule is complete bullshit. Equality. Everyone deserves the same treatment regardless of color or background. Glad they got rid of this bullshit. However, dementia is not necessarily a concussion thing, as it seems to be happening in people more and more all the time who never played contact sports. How can they possibly determine if the cause is related to head contact versus normal aging and hereditary disposition?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"never meant to determine payouts in courts"

...and yet directly attempts to oppress any POC's case.

NFL logic.

Naked Gun Movie GIF