• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East Thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Schlereth interviewed by Grant & Danny tonight. We all knew this but he says Dallas has the same problem that we had until last summer. Jerrah undermines coaches. He does what he wants without consulting a GM or Coach. One of this years examples was Trey Lance, McCarthy had no idea until it was done. Mark said players are like kids, they are going to do whatever they can get away with and behavior like Jones or Snyder allow that to happen.

Thinking RR or other coaches were bad is correct .... but Snyders actions let people end up not being so accountable. Watching Jon Allen pop off one might think he was upset because he was giving his all but most of us did not see it that way.

Things are going to change.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Schlereth interviewed by Grant & Danny tonight. We all knew this but he says Dallas has the same problem that we had until last summer. Jerrah undermines coaches. He does what he wants without consulting a GM or Coach. One of this years examples was Trey Lance, McCarthy had no idea until it was done. Mark said players are like kids, they are going to do whatever they can get away with and behavior like Jones or Snyder allow that to happen.

Thinking RR or other coaches were bad is correct .... but Snyders actions let people end up not being so accountable. Watching Jon Allen pop off one might think he was upset because he was giving his all but most of us did not see it that way.

Things are going to change.
I've never seen a roster that talented achieve so little.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a roster that talented achieve so little.
In all the years Snyder was here many would say this coach or that coach sucks and their is some truth in that. You can go all the way back to Marty who wanted to run a tough physical camp and Deion not wanting to. Of course Marty started to turn the team around and was gone after a year.

Look at Dallas, Jerry gets the team .... hires Jimmy and they win two super bowls and Jimmy gets huge credit. Jerry fires him, they win on more 3 Barry. Jimmy wanted the credit and it took him almost 30 years to put Jimmy in the ring of honor. Both organizations rotted from the head down.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all the years Snyder was here many would say this coach or that coach sucks and their is some truth in that. You can go all the way back to Marty who wanted to run a tough physical camp and Deion not wanting to. Of course Marty started to turn the team around and was gone after a year.

Look at Dallas, Jerry gets the team .... hires Jimmy and they win two super bowls and Jimmy gets huge credit. Jerry fires him, they win on more 3 Barry. Jimmy wanted the credit and it took him almost 30 years to put Jimmy in the ring of honor. Both organizations rotted from the head down.
I remember the word on Dan was "he's willing to spend." "He wants to win." Dan wanted to be seen as the reason we won." Just winning wasn't good enough for him. What Dan couldn't figure out was all he had to do was win.

Look at Josh. If the Skins return to glory, of course Peters will get most of the credit, but Josh will be revered in DC if he brings a Lombardi home. He will be the guy that saved the Skins. Sure, Dan is not a tough act to follow. I get that.

Jerry followed Schramm and Dan followed Cooke. So yeah, they took over two fanbases that were spoiled, but the Cowboys were terrible when Jerry bought the team and the Skins were nothing to write home about when Dan bought the team.

All Dan had to do was put the right people in place and let them cook. He would have been seen as the 30 something year old wonder kid.

He always had to do the most. All he had to do was change the name. Nope. Changed the logo, uniforms, brought in a stupid pig mascot. The Redskins were a brand. I can't understand why he couldn't see that. Minimize the change and you minimize the damage.

Jerry sticking with McCarthy, with Belichick, Harbaugh, and Vrabel floating around means he's still the same old stubborn guy that mouthed off a little too loud in a bar, which left his Superbowl coach no choice but to quit.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak doesnt play defense, though he didnt play well.

Team wide failure.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every young man dreams of one day becoming that player, or coach who's going to set the professional world on fire. It takes years of hard work and dedication to the craft to gain entry into the league but that guarantees nothing beyond an opportunity to make those dreams come true. If you ask every current player and coach if they want to win a SB, 100% of them will answer yes!
At the heart of the RG3/Gruden BS and what Ceedee's people are talking about is the disappointment that comes when there's a reliance on others who don’t seem as dedicated as you are in reaching that goal.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every young man dreams of one day becoming that player, or coach who's going to set the professional world on fire. It takes years of hard work and dedication to the craft to gain entry into the league but that guarantees nothing beyond an opportunity to make those dreams come true. If you ask every current player and coach if they want to win a SB, 100% of them will answer yes!
At the heart of the RG3/Gruden BS and what Ceedee's people are talking about is the disappointment that comes when there's a reliance on others who don’t seem as dedicated as you are in reaching that goal.

This is 100% true in this case, and also in every single job in all walks of life that isnt handed to you simply because of who you are or who you know.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the commanders sake, I really hope the eagles hire RR as their defensive coordinator.
Agrees.

How in the world can they have interest after seeing how poor the defense was this year?
Even after Del Rio was fired and Rivera was in control, the defense was awful.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the eagles will be better next year.

Just hired Kellan Moore as OC and Fangio as DC.

Yikes!

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the eagles will be better next year.

Just hired Kellan Moore as OC and Fangio as DC.

Yikes!
They sure seem like upgrades of Johnson and Desai.

I wonder why Fangio's 3/4 style will mesh with Philly's personnel.

I think Moore will be making a mistake if he tries to turn Hurts into more of a classic drop back passer.