• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC/AFC Best Team Draft : CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So multiple teams can have Jordan, Magic, etc. ?

Yeah every team can select any 1 player to start a team around even if it's a duplicate player prior to us drafting, then draft 9 players to compliment them... Once all of us select our preferred player, that/those player(s) are not eligible for selection for the 9 player draft... I figured Nos and UK would want some of the greatest talents from their favorite teams... :noidea:

This way everyone has a chance to show what they would do if they could start a team with their pick for "GOAT"...

So Ritz would have...

John Wall
Jordan
Peja
George Muresan
Manute Bol

Shane would have...

Smush Parker
Jordan
Larry Hughes
Varejoa
Tractor Traylor

Anyone else who selects Jordan has Jordan and 4 starters assuming I select Magic anyone else can select him pre draft as well but he nor Jordan at that point would be eligible to be "drafted" in the draft... So on for any other player that any of us select prior to us drafting...

In short we all select any 1 player we want and we draft around that player...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah every team can select any 1 player to start a team around even if it's a duplicate player prior to us drafting, then draft 9 players to compliment them... Once all of us select our preferred player, that/those player(s) are not eligible for selection for the 9 player draft... I figured Nos and UK would want some of the greatest talents from their favorite teams... :noidea:

This way everyone has a chance to show what they would do if they could start a team with their pick for "GOAT"...

So Ritz would have...

John Wall
Jordan
Peja
George Muresan
Manute Bol

Shane would have...

Smush Parker
Jordan
Larry Hughes
Varejoa
Tractor Traylor

Anyone else who selects Jordan has Jordan and 4 starters assuming I select Magic anyone else can select him pre draft as well but he nor Jordan at that point would be eligible to be "drafted" in the draft... So on for any other player that any of us select prior to us drafting...

One possible variation would be that everyone couldn't take the same player, but you could take a different version of the same player...for instance, one team could have Shaq/Magic, another Shaq/Lakers or say Alcinder/Bucks and another takes KAJ/Lakers, and you get that caliber player

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I heard they are at some other site now just bashing the hoop...

Wow that doesn't seem like doops but agree that shouldn't be tolerated. Damn I liked Doobs. How's Clark going to survive without him?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every starting lineup on the team page has gotten a like except mine haha

Mine didn't get a like but a winner so that settles this draft. Onto the next draft. :suds:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possible variation would be that everyone couldn't take the same player, but you could take a different version of the same player...for instance, one team could have Shaq/Magic, another Shaq/Lakers or say Alcinder/Bucks and another takes KAJ/Lakers, and you get that caliber player

The reason I went the way I did is because we all talked about a MJ draft where everyone got MJ and built around him... Well, Fem was like I'd rather Magic (I believe)... With that I thought why not give everyone a choice to build around their favorite guy... With what you're describing kind of gives people an easier way out IMO... I can grab Mitch Kupchak in the second round because I know I have a good chance of getting Shaq/Heat or 76ers/Wilt and so on... If everyone would rather I'm not married to the idea, but I think it gives it a little more strategy to not allow that and still not make people struggle to find players... :noidea:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I went the way I did is because we all talked about a MJ draft where everyone got MJ and built around him... Well, Fem was like I'd rather Magic (I believe)... With that I thought why not give everyone a choice to build around their favorite guy... With what you're describing kind of gives people an easier way out IMO... I can grab Mitch Kupchak in the second round because I know I have a good chance of getting Shaq/Heat or 76ers/Wilt and so on... If everyone would rather I'm not married to the idea, but I think it gives it a little more strategy to not allow that and still not make people struggle to find players... :noidea:

We are talking about DeAndre Jordan correct :noidea:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about DeAndre Jordan correct :noidea:
I think he's going ahead with the band idea and we have to build it around Montell Jordan.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Ritz would have...

John Wall
Jordan
Peja
George Muresan
Manute Bol

Shane would have...

Smush Parker
Jordan
Larry Hughes
Varejoa
Tractor Traylor

I call
Stephon Marbury
Steve Francis
Andrea Bargnani
Jerome James
Eddy Curry

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing how much you hate Bargnani I am confused...

That's the point of this lineup thought that was clear but don't blame you for thinking I might actually want this lineup lol

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets Greg Oden?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry fellas just getting some chit ready for our plate sale Thursday...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A plate sale?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We starting the playoffs anytime soon?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A plate sale?

Yes, a form of marketing if you will. To get the word out there about the restaurant we are selling plates of food, we have got in touch with family members and friends who work in offices and had them ask people if they would be interested in buying a plate. I got 40 people already from my office.

For $8.00 you get BBQ Chicken, Sausage, Rice, Beans, Potato Salad, Bread and a Jalapeno...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We starting the playoffs anytime soon?

Yeah if people actually make their picks instead of just being asked to be skipped. We most def should have went with like 16 rounds though, hindsight I reckon...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if people actually make their picks instead of just being asked to be skipped. We most def should have went with like 16 rounds though, hindsight I reckon...

Yeah... we've made 12 picks in the past 3 days. And 2 of them were illegal.