• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Season's Starters, etc.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By way of keeping this forum a little bit lively during the off-season I'd like to ask
who people think our starters and 6th Man should be next season if and/or when
everyone on the roster get's healthy.

Rondo should get most of the PG minutes, and AB should be his usual back-court mate.
Having had experience playing out of position last season will help make AB a more complete player
in the long term.

That's all I'm certain about at the moment.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I don't think kicking AB to 2 guard is a bad option at all with Lee as our 6th man. Wallace will probably be SF, Jeff Green will be PF, and while Olynyk will be the starting Center by the end of the season, I can't help but seeing Fab Melo begin the season as the starter. Just looking at the current roster, I think there's a lot we can do. We can grind it out with Rondo, Lee, Jeff Green or Brandon Bass moving to SF, and have some sort of combo of Wilcox, Sullinger, and Melo. We can switch it to a more up-tempo package with Olynyk, Rondo, Bradley, Green, and Wallace. We can go small, we can go big. I think this team can be better than advertised.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined toward Sullinger for 6th Man at the moment, but
don't want to be too rigid about it.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined toward Sullinger for 6th Man at the moment, but
don't want to be too rigid about it.

I could see that. It's a difficult prediction TBH. I think Courtney Lee is just too good to keep on the bench for too long. He's no world-beater, but he's an excellent role player.

Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Starters:

PG: Rondo
SG: Brooks
C: Vitor Faverani
PF: Olynyk
SF: Green

This essentially is an offensive starting team, which the Celts are going to need at the outset, while molding the team defensively over the course of the season. I wouldn't mind the Celtics going after Darko in the attempt to change his mind about playing in the NBA again. He's better than what's left on the Celtics bench at the center spot. I believe Stevens would give Darko a chance to play, more so than Doc who simply benched him. Iverson, imo, is not that good, video workouts notwithstanding.

Watching some of the video highlights of Faverani, he has a nice offensive feel around the hoop and can shoot from the outside a little, while needing to bulk up a little more to play the post in the League. In addition, KO can play some center in spots, contingent on matchups, where then one can use either Bass or Kriss, maybe Wallace at the 4. Lots of flexibility here with the roster, which could make the playoffs.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo won't be able to play at all in the 1st half of the season,
and it's not out of the question that his injury will be a career-ender.

I hope not, but ACL tears are not minor at all. He's going to be slowed own by
his at the very least.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My starting 5.

5. ? Your guess is as good as mine.
4. Olynyk
3. Green
2. Brooks/AB
1. Rondo

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo won't be able to play at all in the 1st half of the season,
and it's not out of the question that his injury will be a career-ender.

I hope not, but ACL tears are not minor at all. He's going to be slowed own by
his at the very least.

It wasn't a complete tear. He played the rest of the game and thought his knee was just sore. Rondo is tough as nails, he'll be fine.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics today traded Fab Melo and cash to Memphis for 25 year old, 4 year veteran Donte Greene.

Aside from his last name being appropriate for our team, what do you think about this trade I only learned about
maybe 30 minutes ago?