• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Mariner manager

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be able to do this:

Start at 2:26

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? are you just being funny or are you giving up on McClendon? he is the best leader you have seen for a decade or more.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He was good this year, but no better than what we had in the past with veteran managers. He won with pitching and I am not sure what credit you can give a manger for that. I do like the fact he is honest and frank. But to say he is the next big manager thing is a bit premature since it has been just one year and he had a $240M and a $175M player to play with when no other Mariner manager had that or anything close to that.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He was good this year, but no better than what we had in the past with veteran managers. He won with pitching and I am not sure what credit you can give a manger for that. I do like the fact he is honest and frank. But to say he is the next big manager thing is a bit premature since it has been just one year and he had a $240M and a $175M player to play with when no other Mariner manager had that or anything close to that.

you have got to be kidding me. honest mariner fans need to come in here and speak up. to blame Lloyd is a cop out. this entire organization has been void of true leadership for a very long time. your team is on the right track and as much as it kills me to admit, you may be ruling the west if you keep up this trend. all you really have to do is surround Felix and cano with talent and sit back and wait.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have got to be kidding me. honest mariner fans need to come in here and speak up. to blame Lloyd is a cop out. this entire organization has been void of true leadership for a very long time. your team is on the right track and as much as it kills me to admit, you may be ruling the west if you keep up this trend. all you really have to do is surround Felix and cano with talent and sit back and wait.

1- I never blamed Lloyd. I just said he isn't the greatest M's manager this decade like you alluded to.

2- To, "all you really have to do is surround Felix and cano with talent and sit back and wait." is like saying all I have to do is win the lotto and I will be set for life. The theory is correct, but the likelihood is highly unlikely.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? are you just being funny or are you giving up on McClendon? he is the best leader you have seen for a decade or more.

I don't doubt that McClendon has been doing better than some of the managers we've had since the days of Lou Piniella. But, if anyone has given up around here, it's the Mariners themselves, and we need someone with the guts to let them have it!

If McClendon was more willing to sound off on these guys, I wouldn't mind.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- I never blamed Lloyd. I just said he isn't the greatest M's manager this decade like you alluded to.

2- To, "all you really have to do is surround Felix and cano with talent and sit back and wait." is like saying all I have to do is win the lotto and I will be set for life. The theory is correct, but the likelihood is highly unlikely.

to follow up....

1. name a better manager...

2. ok, I see your point. all I'm saying is that you have the best pitcher in baseball, besides Kershaw, and arguably one of the best all around players. a solid team overall and youth all over. stay the course. be patient. and enjoy.

:suds:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the manager wins he looks good, when they dont he doesnt. In reality the talent is what it is. Your main responsibilities are to fill out lineup card and make a couple of pitching changes.

Personally Lloyd has made a lot of decisions this last month such as leaving a pitcher in too long the last few games or drastically changing his lineup because he is facing a lefty that I havent agreed with. However I feel at this point his hands are tied to his starting pitching going in the tank and the mediocre hitting being mediocre.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to follow up....

1. name a better manager...

2. ok, I see your point. all I'm saying is that you have the best pitcher in baseball, besides Kershaw, and arguably one of the best all around players. a solid team overall and youth all over. stay the course. be patient. and enjoy.

1- Hargrove for one. Wedge based on his talent level he had to play with.

2- Be patient? I have been a fan since year one. I know how this organization works after watching 37 years of uncaring and unorganization.

I appreciate your positive feeling towards this team, but I saw a great '95 team go to the dogs because they would not spend nor did they care about winning. As The Who once sang. ' We don't get fooled again. No, no!'