• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Orleans Pelicans vs Golden State Warriors

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly I think every logical basketball fan understands and agree with this except for that one Warriors poster.

It's anyone's guess whether or not the Thunder would've gotten swept. I say 50-50 chance that they would've gotten swept. It's just not the Thunder's year with all the injuries. The Warriors' overall good play allows them to absorb games where the other team has a guy who goes off. For example, I don't think the Warriors would've minded it too much if Westbrook had a game where he took 40 shots and scored 40 points.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are Warriors fans. There are, however, different types of hypotheticals. Some are more likely to happen than others. Westbrook having one of "those games" where OKC is able to win one against the Warriors qualifies as a hypothetical that is more likely to happen than not.

WB going off? Most likely. But winning a game? We dont know that. So far in the playoffs, AD has the most impressive numbers against the best D in the league. For three games, the Pels were competitive so my only gripe are people selling AD short.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's shooting over 60s I think. Monty tried hack a iguodala though
Its pretty funny thinking about the strategy, it led Kerr to put the best shooters in the 4th qtr because Mo Speights NEVER finishes games and it was him who made the biggest play of the game imo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WB going off? Most likely. But winning a game? We dont know that. So far in the playoffs, AD has the most impressive numbers against the best D in the league. For three games, the Pels were competitive so my only gripe are people selling AD short.

The reason most think that OKC would likely have won a game behind Westbrook going off is because of the positions they play. AD depends on his teammates to get him the ball. There were several times in the series where AD would go several minutes without touching the ball. I remember the announcers mentioning it a few times during that series.

Westbrook doesn't have to depend on his teammates to get him the ball. He touches the ball on pretty much every possession and as the point guard gets to call his own number if he's got a hot hand. AD doesn't have that luxury. Plus, Westbrook isn't the only guy on that team with playoff experience. There wasn't a whole lot of playoff experience on the Pellies.

Some of you Warriors fans need to be less defensive. No one is suggesting that OKC would have won the series, just that they are likely to win a game in the series.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason most think that OKC would likely have won a game behind Westbrook going off is because of the positions they play. AD depends on his teammates to get him the ball. There were several times in the series where AD would go several minutes without touching the ball. I remember the announcers mentioning it a few times during that series.

Westbrook doesn't have to depend on his teammates to get him the ball. He touches the ball on pretty much every possession and as the point guard gets to call his own number if he's got a hot hand. AD doesn't have that luxury. Plus, Westbrook isn't the only guy on that team with playoff experience. There wasn't a whole lot of playoff experience on the Pellies.

Some of you Warriors fans need to be less defensive. No one is suggesting that OKC would have won the series, just that they are likely to win a game in the series.
How am I being defensive? Maybe you ought to look in the mirror, youre bothered that the fans just disagree with you

I dont think its far fetched at all to say that OKC couldve taken one game but the truth is, the Pels SHOULD have taken that one. Without Klay, game 2 couldve probably been another game won as well. So my only argument is that the Pels and AD did make it competitive and have outplayed WB and OKC during the close of the season.

Youre assuming WB big numbers and going off would lead to at least one win, which is fine. My argument is is that WB has had those types of games in losses as well. The difference between NOP making it to the playoffs over OKC was AD.

I cant bring myself to knock WB because I love the guys hustle but his usage rate means nothing because its his willingness to put OKC on his shoulders that eventually led to OKCs downfall.

Also, OKC overall D is atrocious which is really the reason why I think OKC wouldve been swept.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I being defensive? Maybe you ought to look in the mirror, youre bothered that the fans just disagree with you

Uh no. Warriors fans have been acting like it's an insult that folks are suggesting that OKC would have won a game.

A direct quote from you:

WB going off? Most likely. But winning a game?

Seems a bit defensive to me. Hambombs also seemed offended at the mere suggestion that th Warriors could actually lose a game.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh no. Warriors fans have been acting like it's an insult that folks are suggesting that OKC would have won a game.

A direct quote from you:

Seems a bit defensive to me. Hambombs also seemed offended at the mere suggestion that th Warriors could actually lose a game.
C'mon man it aint even that serious.

And I think if I was being defensive about anything, it was that posters who were selling AD short. He was ballin in the entire series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man it aint even that serious.

And I think if I was being defensive about anything, it was that posters who were selling AD short. He was ballin in the entire series.

Yeah he was. If that dude keeps going, he's going to be the best player in the league pretty soon.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A direct quote from you:

Now why would I be offended? lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely not offended at the suggestion that the Warriors could lose a game. Shoot, they should've lost Game 3 to the Pelicans. However, it's just a guess to say that OKC would've not gotten swept. It's not an absolute truth. I don't discount the possibility that OKC could've won a game. Heck, anything can happen in sports; OKC could've won the series against the Warriors just as the Pelicans had the opportunity to do. I just disagree with the statement that OKC would have definitely won a game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a warrior fan since 1977, could care less about whether OKC would have won a game. Kinda silly. Most of us Warrior fans are enjoying this ride. Going back years, our excitement at this time of year was seeing which draft ping pong ball we were gonna get.

mosnet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a thing to see Curry play. Like Reggie Miller taking over the game over the Knicks