• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes Round 2

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good run
Great run. Horrible ending. But, it was a reality check. We joked about everyone saying we lacked experience (and to some degree the joking was warranted), but the difference in this series has been so glaring. Game was 2-1 off a weird deflection, and the Devils played like the wheels had already fallen off. That’s just an immature team not quite ready for the long haul.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think us being man handled for alot of games is a glaring issue as well.. speed is good.. but when the game gets physical, we cannot hang. And our goaltending was beyond bad this playoff series.. we either win big or loss big.. and that should never be the case.. the only close game was one game 3 that went to OT... the rest have been blow outs one way or the other.,. you cant win in the playoffs like that. I know this team will grow and learn, but its a bad lesson to learn right now....

Honestly.. the turning point of tonights game in my opinion was when we had the 1-0 lead and Palate got a perfect feed from behind the net.. he was 5 feet or less infront of the goal all alone and he missed the net completely, WHILE beating Anderson.... he burys that... we are up 2-0 and the whole game changes... not taking advantage there killed us... and we looked terrible since that happened..... Again, it was a good run.... i stopped watching when it became 5-1... i will tune in thursday night but right now.. i just wish the Canes would end it... i dont want to see another 4+ goal performance by them to skate to an easy win..... I love the leaps we took this year... This is why i wanted the Rags to play the Canes in the first round.... it eliminated one of the two teams we struggle against.. instead of us playing both of them..... I think we do fantastic against the other teams left.... but we wont get to see that probably.... Thank you devils for all you have done.... it was fun... but no one believes right now after this loss and this series.... I hope im wrong.. but i know im not....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While what Lindy is technically true in that, with the performance of the guys in front it wouldn't matter who's the goalie, in spirit I understand and would agree there.

HOWEVER, it's 100% true that if the goalie was making his saves(doing his jobs) on the more normal shots, the boost in confidence and spark of enthusiasm would've resonated with the forwards and defensemen(and FANS!). So the performance of the goalie does play a huge part in it, Scotty Gomez kinda laid it out there last night, the forwards are thinking, how is there 4 goals on 8 shots? that DOES demoralizes the team, pressure against the clock.

So Lindy, in a competitor way is right but can't excuse the goalie at all nor dismiss it having a domino effect on the players.

Hey, my heart broke seeing Vitek in the interview, think most of us have played sports or been a competitor in many forms, including teams etc.... I 100% felt his disappointment cause he really believes and maybe true or in the 90s% true that his unfortunate play killed the team early. He feels he's at fault for the loss.

Team game still, he had a big hand in the loss. There's no sugar coating it, he had the lead share IMO however his teammates did quit on him like they quit on Schmid in gm 2... that's unacceptable again.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While what Lindy is technically true in that, with the performance of the guys in front it wouldn't matter who's the goalie, in spirit I understand and would agree there.

HOWEVER, it's 100% true that if the goalie was making his saves(doing his jobs) on the more normal shots, the boost in confidence and spark of enthusiasm would've resonated with the forwards and defensemen(and FANS!). So the performance of the goalie does play a huge part in it, Scotty Gomez kinda laid it out there last night, the forwards are thinking, how is there 4 goals on 8 shots? that DOES demoralizes the team, pressure against the clock.

So Lindy, in a competitor way is right but can't excuse the goalie at all nor dismiss it having a domino effect on the players.

Hey, my heart broke seeing Vitek in the interview, think most of us have played sports or been a competitor in many forms, including teams etc.... I 100% felt his disappointment cause he really believes and maybe true or in the 90s% true that his unfortunate play killed the team early. He feels he's at fault for the loss.

Team game still, he had a big hand in the loss. There's no sugar coating it, he had the lead share IMO however his teammates did quit on him like they quit on Schmid in gm 2... that's unacceptable again.
Definitely felt bad for VV. Kudos to him for getting up and talking to the media after that. Didn’t have much to say (what could he say) but that was tough to watch. So much of the reason we are here today is because of him. Sucks he can’t transfer that play to the playoffs.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think us being man handled for alot of games is a glaring issue as well.. speed is good.. but when the game gets physical, we cannot hang. And our goaltending was beyond bad this playoff series.. we either win big or loss big.. and that should never be the case.. the only close game was one game 3 that went to OT... the rest have been blow outs one way or the other.,. you cant win in the playoffs like that. I know this team will grow and learn, but its a bad lesson to learn right now....

Honestly.. the turning point of tonights game in my opinion was when we had the 1-0 lead and Palate got a perfect feed from behind the net.. he was 5 feet or less infront of the goal all alone and he missed the net completely, WHILE beating Anderson.... he burys that... we are up 2-0 and the whole game changes... not taking advantage there killed us... and we looked terrible since that happened..... Again, it was a good run.... i stopped watching when it became 5-1... i will tune in thursday night but right now.. i just wish the Canes would end it... i dont want to see another 4+ goal performance by them to skate to an easy win..... I love the leaps we took this year... This is why i wanted the Rags to play the Canes in the first round.... it eliminated one of the two teams we struggle against.. instead of us playing both of them..... I think we do fantastic against the other teams left.... but we wont get to see that probably.... Thank you devils for all you have done.... it was fun... but no one believes right now after this loss and this series.... I hope im wrong.. but i know im not....
I look at it a little differently. When we try to "hang" with the physical teams we beat ourselves. Need to force the other teams into a speed match. The ranger$ series showed that in spades. And I'd say Carolina is a much more disciplined team than physical. The way the clogged the neutral zone reminded me of us in the Lemaire days!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready to write the obituary yet for this team.

Can't win the series tonight but you can win 1 game. and that's the only goal for tonight, win one game.

Let go Devils! It's not out of the realm to win this thing but you have no choice but to play and earn it.

Earn it tonight!! Do not go off quietly, raise hell!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If you’re not believing, then you gotta stay here [in New Jersey] and not come to Carolina.” - Nico Hischier

Captain said that after gm 4..... lets show out!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose, they better show up tonight. I do not want to see a 5-1 ish game.

Aside from that, one shift at a time. Keep mistakes to a minimum. Leave it all out there!

LGD!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - 0 after 1

But barely

Prepare for a hurricane type pressure

I hope we attack this time