• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New favorite to be Head Coach

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go 1st rd; WR Treadwell, 2nd Rd MLB J. Smith 3rd Rd CB or Pass rusher 4th rd QB, 5th Rd Guard

I don't think a 3rd round CB will be good enough Baalke will have to draft one in the 1st round to be a good player so that hole will have to wait until next year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he had a monster of a defense getting his back in his first three years, Kaep did get us to the top of the heap each year and to the dance one year. His talent is through the roof but his head is//was sideways the last two years. Soley based on those accomplishments, we give him that chance provided he's healthy and ready to go...draft a QB...kick the tires on Thompson (PS), and fall back on yo Gabba Gabba if needed. If Chip and staff can get Kaeps head screwed back on even better...if that doesn't happen...trade or cut him and move along.

There's a lot in the air at the moment...it will be interesting to see where it all falls.
I agree, I think Kap knows this is it. If he can't get it down under Chip he is done. I think he will have confidence back because Chip likes him a lot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a 3rd round CB will be good enough Baalke will have to draft one in the 1st round to be a good player so that hole will have to wait until next year.
true Im ok with WR Treadwell in the 1st rd or CB Alexander in the 1st Rd.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another mistake. great. i will shut up now. i was wrong. screw this front office.
He is the one guy who runs an offense that can feature Kaepernick. This tells me Kaepernick is coming back.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a QB who is accurate and that is not Kap's strong suit. Anyways, I am stunned that Kelly is the new HC.
Yeah, but at least I'm interested now. Couldn't say that about the Tomsula hiring.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Treadwell in the draft in the first but then they need to go defensive in the next two rounds or picks.
He is the one guy who runs an offense that can feature Kaepernick. This tells me Kaepernick is coming back.

Probably, thinking more about.

Still think we can get a decent QB a little later. Hackenberg from Penn State, might last a little longer.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go 1st rd; WR Treadwell, 2nd Rd MLB J. Smith 3rd Rd CB or Pass rusher 4th rd QB, 5th Rd Guard

Treadwell is fine in the 1st round, unless a RT is available like Ronny Stanley from ND. If Davis comes back, maybe he can play RG assuming Boone resigns with the Niners. I don't think J. Smith will be available in the 2nd round. He will be picked in the 1st round. Definitely draft a MLB, QB, and a CB.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holmgren is a native of San Francisco and has never coached a losing team. He may be the best hire.
Incorrect. Holmy led Seattle to a 4-12 record in his last year as Seahawks coach in 2008.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me much of the issues on the offense were bad O-Line play which helped kill any confidence Kaep had and helped make him suck. So to me they need 3 starting O-Lineman C, RG, and RT. If Davis comes back you can hopefully fix one of those issues then maybe draft one and sign one (they have plenty of money). They will need a WR, I think a TE and probably a RB. Defensively they need two CB's in my opinion, an ILB, more pass rushing likely a 3-4 OLB and potentially another D-Lineman because Tank doesn't seem to have it.

Yes, we all seen how bad our O-line was and no matter how good Kelly schemes, he'll need a QB and line. Kaep for 2016 is just about a done deal, so next is O-line. i see at least one FA signing targeted to start, he might not be a Pro Bowl linemen but will be seen as a starter.

Then we'll draft at least one offensive linemen on day 1 or 2. i would continue with my strategy without factoring in A. Davis. If he does play AND plays well, that is just a bonus. If you depend on him and he changes his mind, or can't play well, we'll lose out on opportunities.

BTW - Do not think Kaep will succeed, but that is how we're going.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this Kelly was more successful at Oregon than Harbaugh was at Stanford, but Harbaugh ran a prostyle team which made the transition to the NFL work for him. It remains to be seen if Kelly's style can transitions successfully. He was doing ok in Philly until he decided to get rid of all his talent and trade for a broken QB.

I think he'll be ok long as he isn't make any more GM decisions.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we all seen how bad our O-line was and no matter how good Kelly schemes, he'll need a QB and line. Kaep for 2016 is just about a done deal, so next is O-line. i see at least one FA signing targeted to start, he might not be a Pro Bowl linemen but will be seen as a starter.

Then we'll draft at least one offensive linemen on day 1 or 2. i would continue with my strategy without factoring in A. Davis. If he does play AND plays well, that is just a bonus. If you depend on him and he changes his mind, or can't play well, we'll lose out on opportunities.

BTW - Do not think Kaep will succeed, but that is how we're going.

I agree they can't rely on Davis coming back next year and playing at a high level I think they'll take a guy on day two which is the 2nd or 3rd round now unless they changed it again. Then draft another guy in rounds 4 or 5 plus the FA signing like you mentioned hopefully that will help the O-Line. I agree I don't think Kaep will be successful but it is what it is at this point.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they can't rely on Davis coming back next year and playing at a high level I think they'll take a guy on day two which is the 2nd or 3rd round now unless they changed it again. Then draft another guy in rounds 4 or 5 plus the FA signing like you mentioned hopefully that will help the O-Line. I agree I don't think Kaep will be successful but it is what it is at this point.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't think Kelly can do anything to improve Kap's accuracy and decision making. We should have seen those traits already. Can you imagine Kap making quick decisive reads in Kelly's scheme. I just can't picture Kap succeeding in this kind of offense. Kap would probably burn all three timeouts in the first five minutes of the game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chip is thinking about the QB from Oregon. Good late rd pick 3rd or 4th rd.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't think Kelly can do anything to improve Kap's accuracy and decision making. We should have seen those traits already. Can you imagine Kap making quick decisive reads in Kelly's scheme. I just can't picture Kap succeeding in this kind of offense. Kap would probably burn all three timeouts in the first five minutes of the game.

I read a detailed message from a diehard Philly fan. For what its worth according to him, Kelly's offense does not require a lot of pre snap defensive reads and is actually easier with reads.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am excited. We have a real Head coach back running things. Im pumped.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a detailed message from a diehard Philly fan. For what its worth according to him, Kelly's offense does not require a lot of pre snap defensive reads and is actually easier with reads.

Does it mean that Kap will throw interceptions at a faster rate? I think the offense will be better next year. It's the defense I'm worried about. The last five games of last season, Eagles were dead last in points allowed and yardage allowed. The defense was just worn out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it mean that Kap will throw interceptions at a faster rate? I think the offense will be better next year. It's the defense I'm worried about. The last five games of last season, Eagles were dead last in points allowed and yardage allowed. The defense was just worn out.

LOL. assuming Kap is even playing. From what I've read, this guy said Chip's offense has a lot of predetermined throws and does not require as much reading defenses pre snap. Something Kap is not supposed to be good at.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. assuming Kap is even playing. From what I've read, this guy said Chip's offense has a lot of predetermined throws and does not require as much reading defenses pre snap. Something Kap is not supposed to be good at.

I know a lot of people just want to move on from Kap including myself, but if Chip Kelly can resurrect his career, I'm all for it. I still want the Niners to draft a QB though.